Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2006, 21:14   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
Weird shape. Swift style headlamps, high roof, and a small bonnet. Looks like they mated the zen with the WagonR and Versa. It looks spacious, but the looks go against the zen's racy image. I cant imagine anyone wanting to e-zen or b-zen this baby

Could you please explain the e-zen, b-zen part ?? WOuld like to learn
Old 30th November 2006, 21:50   #62
Team-BHP Support

e- zen would be esteem engined...

b-zen would be baleno engined...
Old 30th November 2006, 22:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

hohum - another one from maruti...but watch out , could just be another best seller.

But personally - maan what is that ?? Matiz with a raised roof ?? Whats wrong with manufacturers these days - different cars from different manufacturers in the same segment looking the same ??
Old 30th November 2006, 23:24   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
But personally - maan what is that ?? Matiz with a raised roof ?? Whats wrong with manufacturers these days - different cars from different manufacturers in the same segment looking the same ??

Perhaps they loan out the same designers to all companies in the name of lean manufacturing
Old 1st December 2006, 12:10   #65
Senior - BHPian

or perhaps they are trying to cater to the new breed of car buyers who do not want to bend & stretch. lol
Old 1st December 2006, 14:04   #66
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

I spoke to BIMAL motors, Bangalore and he told me that a few people have been trained to handle the new zen queries from customers. Also he said the car will have 'many' features, though I couldnt decode what 'many' can be. On my query about whether there will be an automatic or a diesel engine, the standard reply was 'come over on 5th dec, you can check out the car yourself'.
Old 1st December 2006, 15:40   #67
BHPian

But that's a bold decision to bring in the used dies. Only the final packaging will tell how successful the new "ZEN" would be.

Hope its not a larger version of wagonR on the Road.
Old 1st December 2006, 16:54   #68
BHPian

When 13-14 years old dies car (Old ZEN) can be sold then I am sure 5 year old dies can certainly be sold with good finish and look.
Old 1st December 2006, 16:58   #69
Team-BHP Support

Estilo - Coming Soon is the web page.
They have contests etc,. about guessing what is the estilo. A quick whois revealed that Maruti Udyog Limited is the owner of the domain.
I guess they will make it functional on the day of the launch, a la Hyundai Verna
Old 1st December 2006, 17:08   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
But that's a bold decision to bring in the used dies. Only the final packaging will tell how successful the new "ZEN" would be.
Its not the first time some manufacturer imported used dies. Our own successful Ford IKON was built on an entire plant scraped in Brazil.
These days, car companies are looking at every penny to break even. Lets wait and watch how the Zen turns out to be.....

Last edited by mail4ajo : 1st December 2006 at 17:09.
Old 4th December 2006, 05:21   #71
BANNED

The specifications of both WagonR & Zen are almost same. So customers will be having a tough task ahead....
Old 4th December 2006, 20:33   #72
Senior - BHPian

Exclusive...!!!

Finally. Got to see the car in flesh, in detail, and in person. Quite okay, I should say. If Suzuki manages to keep this up, perhaps we could see a whole new era.

Looks:

Oddball, but nice. Appealing to most, non-offensive from 90% of the angles, and hints of spark, blah blah...

Interiors:

Very fresh and appealing. Right up there with the competition. Better, in some cases. The most soothing aspects are the beige trims and the space in the centre console for a dual-din stereo. Perhaps dual-dins are becoming quite popular (rightly so) in the sub-8 lac segment, and the addition of such novelties for budget cars is truly an appreciable move by Maruti.

Engine And Performance:

Definitely not Type R. Better than the Wagon R, although the real noticeable difference is the non-rubbery gear-shift. Else, all's well that ends well.

Ride and Handling:

Better than the Wagon R. 'Nuff said. Although she won't roll through corners like Godzilla high on pot, she's not exactly gonna ring in numbers through Monza. I somehow get the feeling that this particular Zen has been intended by Suzi as a city runabout, aimed squarely at the Santro. Now that, is a benchmark that can easily be bettered by this Japanese tallboy.

Pics:

Old 4th December 2006, 21:06   #73
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm...

I checked out the showroom here.. But the car isnt for display yet...

HE he...
Old 4th December 2006, 22:09   #74
Senior - BHPian

great pics dude...i wonder how it would look colse to a wagonr or a swift..cause iam guessing most people would compare it to those.
Old 4th December 2006, 22:34   #75
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics veyron! Thanks for sharing them with us. Even I think the interiors look better in person than in pics.Especially the all round beige theme.And the car too.Overall effect is "Hmm..Nice!". One thing that beats me, why the 10,000rpm Tacho?? Looks odd. Since you seem to have got a ride as well, how do you rate the overall refinement?

Last edited by sajo : 4th December 2006 at 22:36.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed