Team-BHP - New Zen Estilo Launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Zen Estilo Launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/18990-new-zen-estilo-launched.html)

Hi all,

Maruti has announced the launch of both petrol and diesel zen next week in this article:

http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_f...tent_id=146193

What would be interesting to know is whether the engine options would be that of fiat 1.3 MJ for the diesel engines! :Cheering:

Original text:

BACK PAGE
Maruti’s all-new Zen set to roll out next week
NIRBHAY KUMAR
Posted online: Saturday, November 11, 2006 at 0202 hours IST

Send Feedback E-mail this story Print this story
NEW DELHI, NOV 10: The all-new Zen from Maruti Udyog Ltd (MUL) will be launched some time next week.

However, the supply of the car for sales would start from January 2007. The new 1.1 litre Zen would come with a base price of Rs 3.62 lakh to Rs 3.75 lakh and high-end model would be priced around Rs 4 lakh.

At present the base model costs around Rs 3.52 lakh while the high-end is priced at around Rs 3.81 lakh. The petrol as well as diesel version of the car would be launched simultaneously.

The new Zen is designed after Suzuki's MR Wagon but to encash the equity of the Zen brand the original name has been retained.

The new hatchback would compete with the likes of the yet to be launched Aveo- UVA of General Motor India, Hyundai Santro, Tata Indica and Maruti's own tall boy Wagon R.

According to people in the know, the floor of the new Zen has been lifted to make the vehicle taller unlike the present variant and is packed with almost all the features introduced in the Wagon R LPG variant.

Maruti stopped the production of Zen in March this year due to dwindling sales of the car.

Introduced way back in 1993 it once ranked among the top selling cars.

However, lately sales slowed down with the launch of newer cars like the Swift, the Wagon R and the Alto.

Second Arrival

Price: Base price - Rs 3.62 lakh to Rs 3.75 lakh
High-end - around Rs 4 lakh
Versions : Both petrol and diesel will be launched
Production : Zen production was stopped in March, 2006
Competitors Aveo- UVA of GM , Hyundai Santro, Tata Indica and Maruti's own tall boy Wagon R

Petrol Zen is okay but Diesel Zen this early is really surprising! Anyways, its good. Prices don't seem justified, just 25K difference in base and top-end variants? Are they launching two versions only!

This is great news. The diesel zen should deliver fantastic mileage considering the fact that the diesel swift itself is supposed to deliver 20 kpl (some claims in Magazines).

I am very curious to know what type of diesel engine would that be.
1.3 Multi Jet?

Shoot. 1.1 means its the Wagon R engine.

that means goodbye to the Zen's lovely 1.0 liter.

The news about Diesel is a surprise to me.

Fiat multijet 1.3 has two avatars

1>. 70 bhp[most probably this is the engiine for zen] conforms to euro 4.
FE - 19.3 kmpl in city

2>. 90 bhp[with variable geometry] conforms to euro 4.
FE - 19.04 kmpl in city

Ps: These are the figures from england and KMPL will decrease in Indian conditions.Also dont know if maruti will detune this engine.

source- yahoo cars england.

At the launch it will be a similar story "The diesel version will come later".

Today I saw ad in TOI MUL has limited edition of Alto XFun for limited period, so it appears lot of compitetion coming soon, Diesel ZEN is really great news since it might give great fuel economy.

Regards,

Ravi.

Yippe... 2 launches simulatneously or should i say 3 including new altoXFun. I hope diesel is not costly.. Max 4 lac for base version with power steering will be good..

regarding the new alto it is not new at all. it is only new body graphics, new beige interiors + body colored bumpers. thats all nothing new except these cosmetic changes.
the new zen is actually is a discontinued( in japan ) Mr Wagon

Uptil now, Indica's sole selling point is the diesel engine. The diesel zen, if it is launched simultaneously will give Indica a run for its money. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover
Uptil now, Indica's sole selling point is the diesel engine. The diesel zen, if it is launched simultaneously will give Indica a run for its money. :)

How true..!! Soon we wud have Zen cabs around here in Bangalore ...!!! :Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29
How true..!! Soon we wud have Zen cabs around here in Bangalore ...!!! :Shockked:

oh no...not Zen cabs please!! :( i am the proud owner of a zen petrol and i would\'nt want it turning into a cab!!
1.1 litre should make it more zippier than the current 997cc, right?

the peppy 1L engine is no more....how sad. That 1.1L is a slouch!

Quote:

Uptil now, Indica\'s sole selling point is the diesel engine. The diesel zen, if it is launched simultaneously will give Indica a run for its money.
I agree. If they launch a diesel version, this will be the single most important part. Competition to the Indica diesel at the same price level.

Do I remember Maruti committing that its diesel engine plant will be up and running by the end of 2006? If so....this fits in well.