Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2006, 09:22   #16
Team-BHP Support

The least they cud do for these cars is erect a covering or a shade over these.
Old 24th November 2006, 06:12   #17

Good obersvations indeed. Like all of you guys pointed out, here in Thane too, anyone going towards Bhiwandi would not fail to notice the Car and Truck yards packed with brand new vehicles to be delivered. Yet, they are too dusty and in the kind of rains which lash Mumbai and environs, it is but anyone's guess as to how these get treated.

BTW, this is my first post / response on Team BHP.
Old 24th November 2006, 07:35   #18
BANNED

Have you seen how a bride looks before she is brought to the wedding stage?

The same thing goes for cars too.

Catching up dust is normal in our dusty conditions. But mistreating, abusing etc is not welcome.

What matters more is how it's delivered & make sure you get a good one urself!

What about getting the car delivered straight to our doorsteps from the factory? Purchase can be done online.
Old 24th November 2006, 12:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Quote:
Have you seen how a bride looks before she is brought to the wedding stage?
The same thing goes for cars too.

Catching up dust is normal in our dusty conditions. But mistreating, abusing etc is not welcome.

What matters more is how it's delivered & make sure you get a good one urself!

What about getting the car delivered straight to our doorsteps from the factory? Purchase can be done online.
well, i haven't. how does she look like speed ?
Old 24th November 2006, 13:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

See the santros/accents lying at TTC open yard... Accidents / mishaps well, given our conditions would occur more frequently than not. But how many of us can claim our cars are absolutely spick and span and dent free? So I stopped bothering too much about my Swift being dented by the dealer, at least he mostly fixed it / compensated me for it.

Maybe it is better to buy 'hot' cars like civic / verna (and at that time swift) so that they have less time to lie around in mucky dealer lots?
Old 26th November 2006, 15:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Was driving on the outskrits of Vancouver in June and saw a Toyota stock yard with a number of Yaris's, Camry's and even Lexus's (mainly IS model) and all of them were parked out in the open exposed to the elements. Mind you this wasn't a dealer stockyard but a Toyota one. In Toronto dealerships car's are parked out in the open even in snow. So this is a universal phenomenon.
Old 26th November 2006, 20:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Well seen hoards of Santros and Accents lying exposed to the elements at the Sharayu yard in Navi Mumbai. Seems like a practised thing now.
Old 27th November 2006, 11:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

Maybe somebody technical can help. But I do believe that the car companies put on an extra protective coat for this. At the time of PDI, this coat is removed and you get your 'new' glossy car. If one really wants to be very finicky (as do some people in US/Europe), they actually wait for the car to be unloaded from the rig, wait for the PDI and then drive it out of the stealership.

But again who is to say how it has been driven after rolling off the assembly line?
Old 27th November 2006, 15:12   #24
Team-BHP Support

U can never be sure as to how ur car may have been driven during loading, unloading, and so on.... all u can do is pray it has recieved even a bit of the love u shower upon it now....
Old 27th November 2006, 15:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

The Toronto VW dealership that I was working in was about 25kms away from VW's Canadian HQ. The owner wanted his dealership to be the first to showcase the GTI so he sent one of the service drivers to take delivery of a spanking new red GTI. When the guy got back we asked him how it was and he gushed saying "Man this car is awesome. That thing just flies man! I touched 160 in no time!" The car was sold to a buyer a few weeks later.

Last edited by amit : 27th November 2006 at 15:19.
Old 27th November 2006, 16:32   #26
BHPian

The manufacturer has no intention of providing clean car rack for cars ordered by the dealer. So after manufacture and testing, the dealer's agent will take delivery and starts loading the trucks.. The only time between actually "taking delivery" to "loading the trucks" they need a temporary stock holding area, so they choose to put it in open area. Mostly its the job of the shipping company, and they dont bother about weather they are shipping apples, oranges or cars.. So accumalated dust is not a damage any body can claim.

The dealer also doesnot think of providing neat stock area when the shipment arrives. Its the owners vehicle anyway, and maintaining an neat closed inventory area is waste of money.. any simple security guard is enough for the night. moreover there is the insurance for their stock

Only the manufacturer and the owner really want keep dreaming about their product.. no one else

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks