Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2012, 21:21   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: VIP Car numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elantracrdi05 View Post
One guy went further and stopped us in the middle of the street and asked how we got the number and whether we wanted to sell it. If you ask me, you might feel special for a few days, after that it is plain irritating.
Hello Elantracdri05,

You have hit the bulls eye.

After getting VIP Number, one might feel good for a few days, then it becomes absolutely normal.

But there are many who pay for VIP Numbers for auspicious reasons. Some Astrologer may have told the person to buy Cars with number totaling 9 or so. They are many who buy VIP number for satisfying their ego & for show-off that they are special.

Frankly speaking in my opinion, I feel paying high for choice numbers is basically waste of money which could have been put to other productive use.

Thanks,
Old 12th May 2012, 23:21   #467
Senior - BHPian

I do have this as my signature. All my cars/bikes will have the same number 5500.
I pay each time ~10K to get them. This is nothing auspicious but as a tradition from late 80's.
Old 2nd June 2012, 10:21   #468
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001
these numbers are correctly written

as some 15 years ago the number system followed in haryana never included 000 in a number like HYH 0004

it was written as HYH 4 only

and right now these numbers can be transferred to a new car if the owner is same and the old car is crushed.
+1 I personally own PJO 3 plate and no need to include 000 in front. It is as it is. Quite amazing isn't it?
Old 2nd June 2012, 16:03   #469
BHPian

Re: Personal or Special Registration Numbers? (eg. HYH 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranonline View Post
+1 I personally own PJO 3 plate and no need to include 000 in front. It is as it is. Quite amazing isn't it?
Why dont you buy a Pajero,your number will suit the car to the T.
Old 2nd June 2012, 16:29   #470
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Personal or Special Registration Numbers? (eg. HYH 4)

Or he could also own a Peujeot (Puh-JO).
Old 2nd June 2012, 22:56   #471
BANNED

I think it looks better here. Its a old no from our mighty fiat transferred to the bmw.

VIP Car numbers-image3431640911.jpg
Old 6th June 2012, 13:56   #472
BHPian

I have a few questions please guide me..

1. i wanted to get my old bike's number(2400) transferred on my new bullet which i purchased from delhi. But the RE dealer from whr i bought this bike says that this practice is no longer valid.

2. They are charging me 15k for 000x types and 12k for 00xx types. Please guide as to how do i know whether these charges are genuine or not?? It is DL registration.

I need your replies ASAP as my bike is still on showroom number!!!
Old 20th June 2012, 13:37   #473
BHPian

Now here is something interesting:

Registration Number = CH01 AN 0001
Vehicle to be registered = Land Cruiser (98 lakhs)
Amount paid for registration number = 17 Lakhs (against reserve price of Rs 25,000)

Can you beat that?

This has been paid by a farmer cum industrialist in Mohali / Chandigarh. All eight cars in his garage are No. 1.

Seems like inflation is taking a toll here too.

Source:

Farmer splurges Rs 17 lakh on car registration number - Times Of India

Chandigarh businessman bids Rs 17 lakh for 0001 number in UT - Hindustan Times

Cheers!
Irish
Old 20th June 2012, 13:56   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Now here is something interesting:

Registration Number = CH01 AN 0001
Vehicle to be registered = Land Cruiser (98 lakhs)
Amount paid for registration number = 17 Lakhs (against reserve price of Rs 25,000)

Can you beat that?

This has been paid by a farmer cum industrialist in Mohali / Chandigarh. All eight cars in his garage are No. 1.

Seems like inflation is taking a toll here too.

Source:

Farmer splurges Rs 17 lakh on car registration number - Times Of India

Chandigarh businessman bids Rs 17 lakh for 0001 number in UT - Hindustan Times

Cheers!
Irish
Ya, I too saw this piece of news in the local papers a few days back and was shocked! What is the world coming to?
These 17 Lacs could have been put to so much of better use.
Anyhow, it's a matter of personal opinion for some and prestige for the others.

Personally, I dislike VIP numbers in such a complicated registration series.
I mean, I see no fun in printing CH 01 XX 0001 on my number plate and calling it a VIP number.

Last year, I saw a late 1980s Maruti 800 with a registration number CH 2.
Now that was something.

I've been living for the last 5 years in Mauritius. There's a craze for something called private numbers here. You can pay a fixed fee of something like 45000 INR and get a alphanumeric combination of your choice if it is available.

So, people go for combinations like U 7 or BK 56, etc.

(The routine system of registration here is sequence number followed by month and year of registration. For example, my March 1998 registered VW Polo was 1434 MR 98)

So out here, I spotted a blue Audi A6 with the registration AU 61.
But this guy had the fonts done in such a way that the plates shouted out 'Audi'!!

Now this, in my honest opinion, is STYLE!!
sugam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 14:29   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugam View Post
But this guy had the fonts done in such a way that the plates shouted out 'Audi'!!

Well yeah but it is also illegal (in India)!
Old 20th June 2012, 15:27   #476
Team-BHP Support

17 lakhs for a registration number? ridiculous! He could have almost bought the little brother of the Landcruiser (fortuner) if he had stretched it a little.

The IT department should initiate some probes on this guy's companies and earnings. How can one throw around so much money on a mere registration number, irrespective of how big an agriculturist he is?? No businessman will squander money like this. We knew superstition defies logic, but this is really beyond words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugam View Post
For anatomical accuracy of the alphabets and numbers, shouldn't it read as 'a u b i'? unless of course, he reversed the '6' itself!
Old 20th June 2012, 15:48   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
17 lakhs for a registration number? ridiculous! He could have almost bought the little brother of the Landcruiser (fortuner) if he had stretched it a little.

The IT department should initiate some probes on this guy's companies and earnings. How can one throw around so much money on a mere registration number, irrespective of how big an agriculturist he is?? No businessman will squander money like this. We knew superstition defies logic, but this is really beyond words!

Why do you think no one can splurge that kind of money on a number. That is Punjab my friend! PUNJAB!
For all we know that guy must be doing perfectly legitimate business and farming and yet would love to spend that much money because of the pomp and show factor. We are punjabis, we love to show off!!!

If you ask me about the same, well I have my fair share of numbers too.999,99,9. And about splurging this much. Well maybe someday!

I know, We're like this only!
navpreet318 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 15:59   #478
BHPian

Quote:

I would rate the people of North (Del>PB>CH>HR>UP>HP>JK) as the MOST craziest for VIP numbers. We don't see such news for other northern states because VIP numbers are not auctioned in every state like Delhi. Otherwise Delhi would have topped this list.

This is quite normal for farmers of PB to show off their earnings and getting a VIP number is one of them. In this case, the owner has a pharma company and I am sure he would have got enough bank balance (white money) to justify such transaction. Even the kids of high government official do the show off their links / wealth.

Cheers!
Irish
Irish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 20:34   #479
BHPian

There is a new RTO at Tambaram, the outskirts of Chennai with new series TN 11, started a fortnight back.

I had went there to block a VIP no. TN 11 4444 for my new Beat Diesel LT that I have invoiced. I was asked to pay 40k for that no. and when I enquired about 9999, 7777, 6666 and all single digits- 0001 to 0009 in all four series TN 11, TN 11 A, TN 11B & TN 11 C, I was informed that these were sold on the first week of opening this RTO and all these no.s are available only in 1lakh fee range and particularly 0009, 0001, 9999, 6666 and 0006 are avilable in 2 lakhs fee range.

And lastly I blocked TN 11 4444 for my Beat Diesel LT paying 40k. Because I am sentimental with that no. and the broker too, for he had provided VIP no.s to all my vehicles and I had survived till date with no accidents or mishap.
Old 2nd July 2012, 21:24   #480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well slight , but in Riyadh,Saudi Arabia guys who have S classes n 7ers pay for "1" number plates for as much as 120% of the car's value, means more than the cars value. And mind you these are not Royal members or oil barons, just big businessmen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks