Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2022, 13:00   #691
BHPian

Re: VIP Car numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvman View Post
Any idea if there's a time limit within which you need to get the car registered from date of booking a fancy number of your choice?
The reservation of the choice number will be cancelled if the vehicle is not produced within 30 days of the same.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 21:46   #692
BHPian

Has number portability been implemented in Mumbai yet? Have been reading about it being in the pipeline since 2010. I have a VIP number on my Civic that's about 14 years old and want to transfer that number to the new car i'm going to buy.
nova9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 11:30   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Has number portability been implemented in Mumbai yet? Have been reading about it being in the pipeline since 2010. I have a VIP number on my Civic that's about 14 years old and want to transfer that number to the new car i'm going to buy.
I think number portability is there only in few states like Delhi, Punjab and also Chandigarh
ajay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 21:40   #694
BHPian

Here is my VIP number plate. Cost me only 900 euros.

VIP Car numbers-2a5fea644d5444689ff1065abb8e27ae.jpeg
Indian2003 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 20:15   #695
BHPian

Got my choice number for HR 98 (Badshahpur). This RTO is not yet on the portal, and my dealer in Gurgaon (Dee Emm) informed me that they can't help with booking a choice number.

So the process was: Take the physical RTO file from the dealer, visit the SDM office Badshahpur, pay for your choice number, ask your dealer to now upload your file on the dealer RTO portal. The last step is particularly important because if the dealer uploads the file before you have paid for the choice number, a random number will be generated and registered in your name.

I chose a regular choice number so total cost was 20k. No bribes expected at the SDM office. The process is pretty transparent. There are agents outside too who will charge 2k and get this done for you.
rodeoz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 23:29   #696
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Don’t think so. Very few RTOs in the country allow this, mainly in the north. MH RTOs are very backward, I highly doubt this will come soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
I chose a regular choice number so total cost was 20k.
That’s pretty high. I got a choice Imene from MH RTO just today and paid 7500₹ for #8833. This has been the rate for nearly 5 years. Prior to this it was 5000₹
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 00:00   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
That’s pretty high. I got a choice Imene from MH RTO just today and paid 7500₹ for #8833. This has been the rate for nearly 5 years. Prior to this it was 5000₹
The minimum rate for any number in Delhi is now 25k flat.

And while searching for a number of choice for my new car in Delhi I was unable to get it, there were 2 ways: Auction and First Come First Serve.

Auction only opens twice a month, start of the month and end of the month.

First Come First Serve has all the open series of all RTOs across Delhi but all the good numbers are booked already, like XX00, XYXY, XXYY etc.

I have previously taken XX00 few years back but this time I couldn't get around the process to buy it. Maybe when new series is just opened then you are able to book these semi-fancy numbers.

Anyone who recently got a Delhi number from Vahan website pitch in.
Old 26th December 2022, 01:04   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
The minimum rate for any number in Delhi is now 25k flat.

And while searching for a number of choice for my new car in Delhi I was unable to get it, there were 2 ways: Auction and First Come First Serve.

Auction only opens twice a month, start of the month and end of the month.

First Come First Serve has all the open series of all RTOs across Delhi but all the good numbers are booked already, like XX00, XYXY, XXYY etc.

I have previously taken XX00 few years back but this time I couldn't get around the process to buy it. Maybe when new series is just opened then you are able to book these semi-fancy numbers.

Anyone who recently got a Delhi number from Vahan website pitch in.
The process has changed over the years and its not like the auction process it was in 2016, when this started.

The XY00, XXX0, and any random numbers with 9 in them or with 9 as its total, get booked very early on, like you said.

One needs to plan their number purchase atleast 45 days in advance while planning for their car now and keep checking the website.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th December 2022 at 05:11. Reason: A requested
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 14:30   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
The process has changed over the years and its not like the auction process it was in 2016, when this started.

One needs to plan their number purchase atleast 45 days in advance while planning for their car now and keep checking the website.
Thanks! It is very cumbersome to check individual series of 10+ RTOs in Delhi.

I got the car in less than 5 days, hence could not get the desired number.
Old 30th December 2022, 20:35   #700
BANNED

Quote:

The XY00, XXX0, and any random numbers with 9 in them or with 9 as its total, get booked very early on, like you said.

Can you please let me know the process. I planning to take delivery any day. Will wait for this.
Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 22:40   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psa1122 View Post
Can you please let me know the process. I planning to take delivery any day. Will wait for this.
Thanks
Use this link to register and book the number. Select the option which says “First come and first serve basis”.

https://fancy.parivahan.gov.in/fancy...ic/login.xhtml
Old 31st December 2022, 15:04   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Use this link to register and book the number. Select the option which says “First come and first serve basis”.

https://fancy.parivahan.gov.in/fancy...ic/login.xhtml
Strange! Tamil Nadu is not in the drop down list. Is there a way to book a number without intermediaries in TN?
Old 31st December 2022, 18:51   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
Strange! Tamil Nadu is not in the drop down list. Is there a way to book a number without intermediaries in TN?
You should take a look at the State Government’s Transport Department website, you might find the links there. Parivahan is a central govt website which they’ve integrated with a national framework to include participating states.
Old 1st January 2023, 23:16   #704
BHPian

Quote:
You should take a look at the State Government’s Transport Department website, you might find the links there. Parivahan is a central govt website which they’ve integrated with a national framework to include participating states.
I tried, but it takes me back to the same site.
Old 2nd January 2023, 14:42   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
I tried, but it takes me back to the same site.
I just tried the link to see what numbers are available in KA and found TN in the list.

VIP Car numbers-screenshot-20230102-2.38.18-pm.png

However the screen is stuck here when I try to find a particular number.

VIP Car numbers-screenshot-20230102-2.40.08-pm.png

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks