Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2013, 23:36   #556
BHPian

Re: VIP Car numbers

This list is intersting http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/eng%20cc/Govt_Numbers.PDF
Old 26th August 2013, 23:30   #557
Senior - BHPian

Regarding VIP Numbers in Delhi, does 1313 actually come under the 1L Category? Being a superstitious number, I thought people will stay away from it but media links point the same price.

Can anyone especially from Delhi comment on the same? I'm actually looking for this number and further interested in getting it from 'DL 13' RTO.
Old 27th August 2013, 00:32   #558
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Regarding VIP Numbers in Delhi, does 1313 actually come under the 1L Category? Being a superstitious number, I thought people will stay away from it but media links point the same price.

Can anyone especially from Delhi comment on the same? I'm actually looking for this number and further interested in getting it from 'DL 13' RTO.
No specific knowledge as such but I know for sure that some people are quite insistent that 13 is lucky for them. typically people who are born on the 13th of the month but not limited to these.

DL-13-XX-1313 will be quite a number to sport I am not optimistic that you will get it cheap
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 07:44   #559
Senior - BHPian

I have a slightly different query. Can one retain his/her existing number while selling their car?
Old 27th August 2013, 09:26   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I have a slightly different query. Can one retain his/her existing number while selling their car?
As of now it's not permitted.
Old 27th August 2013, 11:08   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharoncr_17 View Post
As of now it's not permitted.
One certainly can. At least in Delhi and Haryana. Speaking of personal experience, a family member got the number DDZ XX transferred from an old car to a new one.

However, there are a few conditions; viz,
- the car with the number to be transferred must be in your name for at least three years
- the new car and old car should be in the name of same person
- you get a maximum of one month window period for getting the number transferred to new car after procuring the transfer permission from the RTO

Regards
Grr7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 16:14   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
No specific knowledge as such but I know for sure that some people are quite insistent that 13 is lucky for them. typically people who are born on the 13th of the month but not limited to these.

DL-13-XX-1313 will be quite a number to sport I am not optimistic that you will get it cheap
The entire thing revolves around the $$$ involved, rightly said
I've seen one Cruze with DL 13 XX 1313, the only till date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
One certainly can. At least in Delhi and Haryana. Speaking of personal experience, a family member got the number DDZ XX transferred from an old car to a new one.

However, there are a few conditions; viz,
- the car with the number to be transferred must be in your name for at least three years
- the new car and old car should be in the name of same person
- you get a maximum of one month window period for getting the number transferred to new car after procuring the transfer permission from the RTO

Regards
Thanks Grr7, that's a great insight! I've seen quite a few ads on Quikr and OLX selling old cars with VIP Numbers (DXX xx) Series, attracting buyers with the Transfer Clause on new cars but your post certainly helped understanding the details of the procedure.
Old 27th August 2013, 16:34   #563
BHPian

Quote:
This varies from state to state and 'car number portability' was implemented by some states. But last year i remember the central govt raising security concerns about this and Maharashtra was contemplating rolling it back. There is already a thread on this topic: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...r-new-car.html
Old 27th August 2013, 19:05   #564
BHPian

What is the current scenario in new delhi ?? What if someone wants to buy a fancy number ???
Old 27th August 2013, 22:50   #565
BHPian

New procedure in Taminadu

I had opted for a VIP No. 4444 for Toyota Fortuner 4WD at RTO, Tambaram circle. I was told that the original invoice must have any of the ruling party MLA signature as a prerequisite, secondly this original invoice has to be made present for the transport Minister's sign at his table after which this no. will be allotted to the Customer (me). All this at an extra fee of Rs.8k (this does not include MLA fees nor did he demand one)
The procedure of obtaining a ruling party MLA signature was done yesterday, however the transport minister will sign it earliest by Friday as of now and then I had to pay the Government fees of Rs.60k at the RTO concerned (Tambaram).
An year before for my Chevrolet Beat TCDi, the procedure for the same no. 4444 was just presenting the original invoice at the Dy.Secretary - Transport Dept's table and I got approval within a day. And then I paid the RTO fees of Rs.40k. also the extra fees at that time at the transport dept office was Rs.5k.
I now understand that this current procedure is just a icing in the cake for ruling party MLA and the minister as a whole, But why 4~5 days for approval is the question ?
Old 28th August 2013, 01:43   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narchennai
I had opted for a VIP No. 4444 for Toyota Fortuner 4WD at RTO, Tambaram circle. I was told that the original invoice must have any of the ruling party MLA signature as a prerequisite, secondly this original invoice has to be made present for the transport Minister's sign at his table after which this no. will be allotted to the Customer (me). All this at an extra fee of Rs.8k (this does not include MLA fees nor did he demand one)
The procedure of obtaining a ruling party MLA signature was done yesterday, however the transport minister will sign it earliest by Friday as of now and then I had to pay the Government fees of Rs.60k at the RTO concerned (Tambaram).
An year before for my Chevrolet Beat TCDi, the procedure for the same no. 4444 was just presenting the original invoice at the Dy.Secretary - Transport Dept's table and I got approval within a day. And then I paid the RTO fees of Rs.40k. also the extra fees at that time at the transport dept office was Rs.5k.
I now understand that this current procedure is just a icing in the cake for ruling party MLA and the minister as a whole, But why 4~5 days for approval is the question ?
Wow! Never heard of anything as absurd. All our cars in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai RTOs have pre selected (choice) or fancy numbers and we have never had to do anything of this sort. This whole MLA thing you are talking about makes the procedure so much more time consuming and irritating! And I wonder why discriminate between the Ruling and Opposition Party MLAs?! Also it seems the Transport Minister in TN doesn't have much work, and so he is burdened with more files to sign off on.
Old 28th August 2013, 09:19   #567
BHPian

I wanted a good number for my new XUV, somehow my family has stuck with the number 5 and 0 so it was 5000 for the lancer,5500 for the old xylo. So i was looking for 500 for xuv,but in tamilnadu all such numbers are for the government and you cannot get one thats what the RTO told me.
So i had so settle with 4555 by paying Rs16,000/-.
Old 28th August 2013, 22:29   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRock View Post
but in tamilnadu all such numbers are for the government and you cannot get one thats what the RTO told me.
So i had so settle with 4555 by paying Rs16,000/-.
What the RTO told you is true but its false that "numbers are for the Government", please find the details below
Advance_Reg_No.PDF

All single digits from 1-20, all 1111 3333 4444 5555 - 9999, all 1000 2000 3000-9000 and 666 333 999 and specially 4777 now can be booked only by obtaining a GO from the government. The process and time for obtaining the GO now is irritating rather than the RTO process or fees for it.
Old 3rd September 2013, 23:43   #569
BHPian

With continuation my previous post #558 I got my GO today after placing a request with the Transport Dept on 26th August and when I got my GO it says request placed on 29th August, but again why so much delay is the question after coughing up enough money
VIP Car numbers-go-fortuner0001.jpg

I got this GO today at 08:30PM at the Transport Dept HO and to all the other good citizens this office closes at 05:00PM.
Old 5th September 2013, 22:39   #570
BHPian

VIP Numbers in TamilNadu, details below

Govt_Numbers.PDF

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks