Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2017, 14:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent Prime with factory-fitted CNG launched at Rs. 5.93 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
We have the CNG XCent, and it is the most economical compact sedan in the market today. In the city, you can achieve a running cost of Rs. 2/km. I'm not sure why people are against CNG as a fuel for private cars- maybe some people have a lot of money to burn. Even a petrol Alto costs Rs. 4-5 per km these days.
When I say a vehicle is positioned as a commercial vehicle, it doesnt have a negative connotation attached. In fact, commercial market accepts only those vehicls which are
1. Low Maintainence
2. Highly Reliable
3. Good on space

But when a company decides to target the commercial vehicle market, the feature list is customized accordingly. Example: The Old Dzire with the speed limiter. No one can say that the old Dzire was a bad product and wasnt well suited for personal use.
Old 14th September 2017, 14:08   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm not sure why people are against CNG as a fuel for private cars- maybe some people have a lot of money to burn.
A major reason, at least in Delhi-NCR, is the wait time to fill up. The queues at any CNG pump are really a turn off.
Old 25th December 2017, 15:28   #18
s10
BHPian

Has anybody bought xcent prime for personal use? Any first hand feedback will help!
Old 25th December 2017, 22:41   #19
BHPian

Great move by Hyundai. Finally, a rival to Maruti's factory fitted CNG kits.

As one of the first buyers of a dealer installed CNG kit in a private vehicle (1.6L Optra in 2005 installed under supervision of GM engineers), let me share with certainty that a factory installed kit far, far outweighs any dealer/ aftermarket option. There is just nothing that beats a clean, tested factory CNG fuel installation.

It's sad that Maruti and Hyundai believe that there is no demand in the C+ segment or for higher specced variants of the their CNG powered cars. I would have jumped at the chance to buy a factory fitted CNG Creta/ Ciaz with a 4+ year warranty, given the 50-60% reduction in running costs. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Last edited by Screwdriva : 25th December 2017 at 22:53.
Screwdriva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 17:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure why people are against CNG as a fuel for private cars- maybe some people have a lot of money to burn.
Having used CNG extensively (BRC sequential), I can vouch for two things:

1. Constant niggles.. like loss of power, spark plug replacements, throttle body cleaning and what not. It cannot even come close to modern day diesels.

2. Time to fill up as one of my friends have already pointed out.

Had to sell my 32K run CNG car owing to these factors.
panky12345 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks