Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2018, 12:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW 1-Series pulled from the Indian market

The car was ugly as sin, I've seen one and wondered why anyone would be interested in such a depreciation disaster. The only BMW that comes close in terms of ugliness is the 5GT. The only saving grace is that it doesn't have the awkward front wheel drive proportions like all Audis and lower end Mercs.

Bmw should have launched the 2 series if driving dynamics was to be the usp, that's the true successor to the 2002.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 13:55   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The car was ugly as sin, I've seen one and wondered why anyone would be interested in such a depreciation disaster. The only BMW that comes close in terms of ugliness is the 5GT. The only saving grace is that it doesn't have the awkward front wheel drive proportions like all Audis and lower end Mercs.

Bmw should have launched the 2 series if driving dynamics was to be the usp, that's the true successor to the 2002.
What about the X6 if you’re considering aspects of ugliness? That car is indubitably one of the ugliest designs I have ever had the misfortune to lay eyes on!

Beauty then, lies in the eyes of the beholder.
And one man’s meat or veg is another man’s poison!
Old 10th November 2018, 09:35   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Cars like these missed out on petrol power in our market due to premium pricing for petrol over the years. If the price difference between the two fuels was similar to what it is today, car makers would surely brought in their petrol crackers for these cars. The diesel option in these models is for those who want economy and lower running costs in their home markets. But here these are niche cars. A person picking up the 1 series would do it for the pleasure of driving along with some exclusivity. A 140 BHP diesel does no justice to this car . The straight 6 petrol may be too much to ask for, at least they should have equipped it with the 2L turbo petrol. An RWD petrol BMW hatch surely would have some takers. Sadly this is the last 1 series with RWD, the new one will be FWD. BTW I quite like the look of facelifted model. Classic BMW design
Santoshbhat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th November 2018, 10:53   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
The straight 6 petrol may be too much to ask for, at least they should have equipped it with the 2L turbo petrol. An RWD petrol BMW hatch surely would have some takers. Sadly this is the last 1 series with RWD, the new one will be FWD. BTW I quite like the look of facelifted model. Classic BMW design
I agree! The 135i/140i would have been what the Octavia RS is for Skoda. And yes, the facelifted 1 actually looked good and could go down as a classic BMW - the last of RWD 1 series.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 15:13   #20
BHPian

I came across a used BMW 1 series 118d, 2016 March model. The first owner was BMW India. The second owner bought this car from BMW used cars. When I checked the RC paper, I noticed the engine cubic capacity mentioned as 1598 and BHP as 105. But the dealer says it’s an error in the RC and it’s a 2.0 litre engine and 1.6 never came to India. How to confirm? RC says manufactured in 03/2016 , but registered in 05/2017. Is there a possibility that the RC could be wrong?
Old 16th October 2019, 16:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rama75 View Post
I came across a used BMW 1 series 118d, 2016 March model. The first owner was BMW India. The second owner bought this car from BMW used cars. When I checked the RC paper, I noticed the engine cubic capacity mentioned as 1598 and BHP as 105. But the dealer says it’s an error in the RC and it’s a 2.0 litre engine and 1.6 never came to India. How to confirm? RC says manufactured in 03/2016 , but registered in 05/2017. Is there a possibility that the RC could be wrong?
118d has the 2L Diesel with 105bhp which is correct. Now to confirm there are two ways
a) Get the last 7 digits of the VIN and use the BMWVIN.com or so decode and see the same. Engine code should be N47/B47 and they are 2.0d. N47 is notorious for the timing chain guide rattling.
b) Once this is done then the RC needs to be corrected.
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks