Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2017, 18:16   #136
BHPian

Re: What features do you wish your car had?

So keeping it realistic:
on the Ford Fiesta Classic:
  • Front seats with better under-thigh support. (same with the rear actually)
  • Bluetooth mic near the sun visor (it is on the center console currently - aircon blower noise even at fan speed 1 interferes greatly!)
  • Rear legroom - not that I care, but it would make a good difference on longer highway runs
  • Better NVH levels. The clatter is very much audible inside

on the Grand i10:
  • A better music system - the current one is downright pathetic
  • Visual display for parking sensors - if not a reverse camera.
  • A center armrest - badly miss this on the auto variant
  • Auto lock feature. It unlocks when you turn off the engine so how hard could this be?!!
  • A sunroof - the earlier i10 got one - should have had it on the Asta (O) variant at least that I got
  • Auto aircon please - can expect it on a top of the line variant on an 8 lac hatch.
  • A fuller MID - everyone with a Gi10 knows this one
  • Lastly - a better gearbox. This one is so from the previous decade.

I felt nice writing this - got a smile to my face as I read the Fiesta's wishlist. Its so much a no-nonsense car that these were the only things I could say I would have liked better if the car came with it.
I fixed the under-powered engine by installing a RD box

Last edited by adneeraj : 29th September 2017 at 18:29. Reason: Added 2 more points to the Gi10 list and 1 to the Fiesta
adneeraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 18:16   #137
BHPian

2016 Hyundai Grand i10 Asta(O) - Pre-Facelift Model

1) All wheel disc brakes
2) Speed-sensing auto door lock (This is something that should be made mandatory on all cars)
3) CD Player (Because, you might end up wanting to listen to the odd old song or devotional recitation that's not available on your phone/USB/music app)
4) Telescopic steering adjust (Especially helpful for long drives)
5) Adjustable headrests for the front seats (In a decidedly premium offering, the fixed headrests do look out of place)
6) Auto up/down on all windows
7) Wider, 175/65 tyres instead of the current 165/65 that come as OE standard
Old 29th September 2017, 18:49   #138
BHPian

2015 Audi A4

1. Ventilated seats
2. Android auto inter phase
3. TPMS that shows actual tyre pressure in respective tyres

2017 Fortuner 4X2

1. Sun roof
2. Ambient lighting
3. Better quality music system
4. TPMS
5. Apple car play
6. Ventilated seats
Old 29th September 2017, 19:55   #139
BHPian

Audi S3

1. Blind spot indicator on ORVMs: extremely small sized OVRMs make it impossible to spot anything that is in blind zone. Add to it, no blind spot indicator is a bummer!

2. USB ports: I can't plug a pen drive or my phone without buying and using Audi's own cable.

3. Space (if that is eligible for this list): a standard 4 seater with small bottle holders. Hurts to see cheaper and bigger cars from VW and Skoda
Old 29th September 2017, 20:38   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
I drive a Polo.
Since it is wishlist, I will keep it honest and realistic.

1. All wheel Discs
2. Pneumatic Adjustable Suspension, with ability to increase ground clearance
3. 1 meter water wading capability. (Like a Roof Mounted Air Inlet like WRC Cars)
This wishlist should be standard equipment on every four wheeler sold in India given the near perfect conditions of our roads and the ultra disciplined traffic across the vast Indian landscape.

The post is full of features and niceties that we expect from our cars and most of them seem to incline towards the driver doing stuff other than driving

I dont need any features on my car. All I want is a V8 motor pumping out at least 300-400 bhp, stiff suspension setup with hydraulics (thats for our wonderful roads), 4 wheel drive and sorted chassis design that doesnt roll or weave in fulfilling the whims of a petrolhead.
I want performance to be accessible to the common Indian. Elsewhere automobiles and the internal combustion engine have gone way past their prime and all we do here is bicker about cars that just have 4 cylinders in them and just emanate a wheezing sound when the right foot is floored. Please banish Maruti Suzuki, someone!

I know I'll draw the ire of many people with that last statement but it must be said. The good companies came to India with hopes and now they are leaving, and that's a shame.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd October 2017 at 14:39.
Azzitcr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 18:34   #141
BHPian

I recently purchased the 2017 Nissan Sunny XL (P), and here goes:

1. Rear-airconditioning vents. (not just a blower)
2. Seats with good under-thigh support.
3. Height-adjustable seat belts.
4. Airbags as standard for all occupants. (I feel this should be mandated by law)
5. Auto up/down on all four windows with anti-pinch feature.
6. Telescopic and tilt-adjusted steering.
7. Charging sockets with quick charge technology built in. (for front and rear occupants)
8. Built-in navigation.
9. Cladding - wheel wells, bonnet and boot.
10. Plug and play ability for adding a dashcam.
11. Cruise Control.
12. Adjustable headrests - not just up and down but forward and backward as well.
13. Sunglass holder.
14. Front armrests.
Old 1st October 2017, 14:19   #142
Senior - BHPian

Heated ORVMs
Android Auto
Rear disc brakes
TPMS
Cooled Glovebox
Driver Seat with position memory.

And of course more power

Last edited by F150 : 1st October 2017 at 14:21. Reason: Added one more point.
Old 1st October 2017, 15:06   #143
BHPian

1. Adaptable Suspension: For our inconsistent Roads and environment, I wish if I could soften up the ride on so called roads and tighten up on the great highways and Ghat sections.

2. Head Up Display: Instead of looking at Head Unit or Instrument Cluster, it will be nice to toggle the display on windshield for the Speed, Navigation, Music Track or a complete MID.

3. Save fuel in traffic (?) Instead of firing up four cylinders, can we fire two in bumper to bumper traffic ?
procrastinator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 15:49   #144
BHPian

We have a 2016 Ford EcoSport 1.5 Diesel titanium, I wish it had cruise control which I feel is very essential for highways in Tamilnadu. We frequently do Chennai - Tirunelveli which is almost 630kms and cruise control would really help in such scenarios.

And a good in built navigation, people who move from Tier2 cities to Tier1 cities will always have difficult times in knowing the routes.
Old 2nd October 2017, 12:46   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneeraj View Post
So keeping it realistic:
on the Ford Fiesta Classic:
  • Better NVH levels. The clatter is very much audible inside
I am sorry for going off topic. But can you please elaborate the "clatter"? We have the same car and I feel the NVH levels are pretty satisfactory. Do you have the 1.4TDCi?

Neel
Old 2nd October 2017, 13:16   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
I am sorry for going off topic. But can you please elaborate the "clatter"? We have the same car and I feel the NVH levels are pretty satisfactory. Do you have the 1.4TDCi?

Neel
It must be the 1.4 diesel as only diesel engines have clatter.

I have the same engine on my Figo and that's my biggest complaint as well. The clatter gets even more annoying at hill stations in cold weather starts.
Ragavsr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 13:58   #147
BHPian

Tata Indigo CS 2008 Model:

1. 'Wink Smiley Emoticon on the Instrument Cluster' - which should light up few hours prior when the car is in the mood to breakdown in the middle of heavy traffic, just for fun's sake. Gives some time to the owner to decide whom to take along for the 'joy ride'!

2. 'Beam Me Up' Button - to instantly transport the car to the nearest TASS after every 'frequent' breakdown!

3. Hidden Treasure Maps to be provided as standard along with the Owner's Manual - to help the owner search for wealth to pay for the monthly repair charges.

3. Old Fashioned Rubber Horn 'Bhopu type' - Alternate option to honk when the steering wheel horn pad and the car's electrical circuit are going through an 'on and off' relationship.

4. Set of wide dentures at the front - can apply Happydent to light up the road ahead during night time driving. Helpful in providing company to the set of depressed headlamps.

5. Money Back Guarantee.
trek is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 14:01   #148
BHPian

VW Jetta Highline DSG 2014:
  1. Memory seats
  2. TPMS
  3. Autodimming ORVM
  4. Panoramic Sunroof
  5. Ventilated seats
  6. Reverse Parking camera.
  7. Android Auto/ Apple carplay.
Old 2nd October 2017, 16:07   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
Tata Indigo CS 2008 Model:

1. 'Wink Smiley Emoticon on the Instrument Cluster' - which should light up few hours prior when the car is in the mood to breakdown in the middle of heavy traffic, just for fun's sake. Gives some time to the owner to decide whom to take along for the 'joy ride'!

2. 'Beam Me Up' Button - to instantly transport the car to the nearest TASS after every 'frequent' breakdown!

3. Hidden Treasure Maps to be provided as standard along with the Owner's Manual - to help the owner search for wealth to pay for the monthly repair charges.

3. Old Fashioned Rubber Horn 'Bhopu type' - Alternate option to honk when the steering wheel horn pad and the car's electrical circuit are going through an 'on and off' relationship.

4. Set of wide dentures at the front - can apply Happydent to light up the road ahead during night time driving. Helpful in providing company to the set of depressed headlamps.

5. Money Back Guarantee.

LOL. This is one of the best post's on this thread. Could you please tell us what has been going wrong with your indigo?
asit.kulkarni93 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 19:17   #150
Senior - BHPian

Have an 2014 Xcent VTVT S model.

Features/things i wished my car had:

1) I wished i had purchased some other colour than White. So that i am not mistaken for a cabbie at petrol pumps and asked if i want to fill Diesel in a petrol car.

2) The front fixed head restraints are insufficient if i raise the seat height. Its only optimal for my height if the seat base is at the lowest position. It should have had adjustable head restraints.

3) I wished it had Airbags and ABS! Back then when i purchased the car, somehow i missed this important safety feature. What was i thinking ?

4) I wish the stock audio system had navigation controls for the phone contact list using the same buttons as for volume control on steering. For some strange reason its on the HU itself.

5) The ride quality i wish was more softer. Its a bit firm in my opinion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks