Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2018, 16:32   #166
BHPian

Re: What features do you wish your car had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
- All round disc brakes
- Boot light
- A dead pedal
I own two VW cars, and share your frustration about the disc brakes (retrofits available, but I'm not brave enough to modify a safety-critical system) and boot light (fairly easy DIY, documented here on Team BHP). About the dead pedal, I guess VW doesn't provide it in MT cars. My Polo MPI doesn't have it, but my GT TSI does.

I also wish my GT TSI had an auto-dimming IRVM (available in 2018 cars) and anti-glare IRVM mirrors (a la Jetta). It has become such a huge problem in recent years.
Old 1st October 2018, 12:24   #167
BHPian

Ford New Fiesta :

1. Apple CarPlay : Couldn't find an aftermarket unit as well 😤 owing to the "unique" design of the dashboard
2. Arm rest : My left shoulder starts complaining after long drives
3. Sunroof : For those evening breeze and seeing starry sky on a night drive
4. Rear A/C : Wifey isn't happy though the A/C is pretty effective
5. Cooled/Ventilated seats : I travel a lot in Chennai. Need I say more ?

I'm clear that my next vehicle should have all of these features.
Old 1st October 2018, 17:08   #168
BHPian

I cannot stress this enough, but I wish my W222 S350 had driver memory seats. This is literally the most mindless omission on part of Mercedes-India, I don't know what they were thinking.
Old 1st October 2018, 17:27   #169
BHPian

I would like to see these on the Polo GT TSI:
1. Boot lamp (someone already mentioned it). Badly missed.
2. Reading lamp for rear seat.
3. Footwell lights for rear seat.
4. Optical parking system. (The head unit supports it. I wonder why it is not enabled in the cars)

Most of the above should cost less than 1000 rupess to implement. I wonder why it is so tough for VW to add these.
Old 3rd October 2018, 08:32   #170
BHPian

Could of ones from my side which I'm not sure have been mentioned before...

1. With the proliferation of mobile devices with pretty much similar form factor and size between manufacturers - why aren't car makers building in some retractable holder in the central dashboard. A nice button operated slide out tray/holder that has an inbuilt charging cable, angled towards the driver and not hindering access to controls would be so convenient

2. A pocket close to the driver (either roof mounted) or seat bottom to hold car papers. So much easier than to lean over to the glove box, rummage through and get it out. Probably good from cop safety as well knowing the driver is not going to pull out a weapon from the glove box.
Old 28th July 2019, 16:25   #171
BHPian

Maruti Swift ZXi:
For a 2007 hatch, the car was superbly equipped. However, 2 omissions which I sorely miss are:
-Electrically adjustable ORVMs. It’s a pain to reach the other side and adjust the mirror.
-Split folding seat. Much needed, considering the small boot size. I have encountered many situations when the boot was full and more items had to be loaded into the boot.
Other useful features (though are not hugely missed) to have would be a tilt adjustable steering and steering mounted controls (both added in 2008)

Last edited by artemis_fowl : 28th July 2019 at 16:29.
Old 28th July 2019, 16:36   #172
BHPian

I do wish that all cars running on Indian roads have 6 airbags, ABS, ESC, Reverse Camera as a standard across all variants. Also would be good to have all 4 wheels disc brake. Cars before being sold to customers should have NCAP safety rating of atleast 4 out 5. Over and beyond the safety features, I personally would like to have a huge Panoramic sunroof.
MukundanMK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 17:15   #173
BHPian

I wish my Wagon R had the same layout as the japanese wagon R. The gear shifter and parking brake on the dashboard, full bench seats in the front, rear seats that can tumble and fold flat.

Even with the new AMTs why does Maruti keep the shifter on the floor? Makes no sense.

It would be so nice to be able to slide out through the passenger side if the car is parked close to a wall. Also my dogs would enjoy the added few inches of seat space in the front, when they curl up.

We have small cars, that waste space pretending to be a big car.

Last edited by rrnsss : 28th July 2019 at 17:19.
Old 28th July 2019, 17:18   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
I do wish that all cars running on Indian roads have 6 airbags, ABS, ESC, Reverse Camera as a standard across all variants. Also would be good to have all 4 wheels disc brake. Cars before being sold to customers should have NCAP safety rating of atleast 4 out 5. Over and beyond the safety features, I personally would like to have a huge Panoramic sunroof.
There was a car called Volkswagen Jetta which had 6 Airbags, ABS with EBD, ESC, 4 Disc Brakes, Traction Control and few other safety features as standard across variants. It was only car in its segment which had them, other cars in segment had them only in Top Spec Trims.

But that car has been discontinued few years back, and also it didn't sell that much, just because no one could value how good it was. Luckily my dad has one and is enjoying every bit of it as it nears 8 year mark.

Easily My Pick under 20-25 lakhs range.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 17:23   #175
BHPian

To begin with, I would love to have below features in face-lifted Baleno Alpha MT :

1). Rear AC vents.
2). Driver Seat Position Memory (I know its too much to ask for in a Baleno, but I hate it when people totally mess up my driving position in service centers, valet parking, washing centers etc.).
3). Remote power tailgate open feature, this would be really a cool thing to have in my car. I can just imagine the comfort of hatch door opening itself on pressing a button remotely when carrying luggage in hands.
4). Front parking sensors, the bonnet shape of the car makes it difficult to see where the front of the vehicle is ending. So this feature is nice to have.
5). Tyre pressure monitoring system, this will save from botheration of visual inspection of tyres before starting the car in the morning.
6). Side airbags for enhanced safety.
7). Hill-start assist.

Last edited by Motor_Nut : 28th July 2019 at 17:34. Reason: Added a word 'face-lifted'.
Old 29th July 2019, 01:00   #176
BHPian

I sorely miss the rear view camera and touchscreen hud in my Ignis zeta. The current head unit looks so out of place as its fitted in a floating panel where a 7 inch touchscreen is meant to fit.

And also wish they had better tyres than the Bridgestone ecopia which are below average tyres.
Old 5th August 2019, 18:26   #177
BHPian

I would be much happier if my current car Honda City had these features.
  • Apple Car Play / Android Auto Support
  • Touch Screen Head Unit with Bigger Display
  • Ventilated Seats
  • Better Noise Insulation in Cabin
  • 360 Degree Camera / Front Camera / Park Assist
  • Reverse Parking Sensors
  • Better Sound System
  • TPMS

Last edited by samy1117 : 5th August 2019 at 18:28. Reason: added car model. and TPMS
Old 5th August 2019, 19:07   #178
BHPian

-> I wish Tata could do something about the rattles in my car. Every single panel rattles and all thanks to Hyson motors for their "wonderful" service.
-> android auto compatibility, my Tiago is 2016, doesn't get a touchscreen
-> an engine which doesn't vibrate like a goods truck, 2016 tiagos were mostly guinea pigs, '17 and '18 tiagos do not have this kind of vibrations.
-> auto up for the driver side window atleast, it only has auto down, but then again, Tiago has always been packed with features that can rival a segment above, so I won't complain about that a lot.
Old 5th August 2019, 19:20   #179
BHPian

I sorely miss having a reverse camera and front parking sensors on my 320i. BMW seriously messed up by not offering such a feature in 2017 and that too in a premium luxury car
Old 6th August 2019, 09:43   #180
BHPian

I own a Store currently. Been mine for the last 6 years now. I wish it was devoid of all the rattles. Safari has always been played with rattling parts
In my dream car, a body style like Tiguan (clean straight lines and not the curves) with a 2l petrol engine, hydraulic steer, disc brakes, Android/auto play and that's about it. 2hat I'd ont want is chrome garish, clustered mid and too many gizmos. Needs to be a rugged vehicle. 4x4 would be awesome

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks