Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2017, 19:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Maruti preparing Celerio Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Question - wouldn't a bodykit actually lower the ground clearance if offered with the same mechanical underpinnings?
If we look at all the Cross variants sold, most of them have better GC than normal car.
Regarding mechanical underpinnings, at the least it should come with taller suspension and slightly wider tyres.
Old 28th September 2017, 02:58   #17
BHPian

Is this the facelift version of celerio that Maruti was speculated to launch?
Old 28th September 2017, 09:48   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Regarding mechanical underpinnings, at the least it should come with taller suspension and slightly wider tyres.
A higher stance will mean firming up the suspension, thus penalising ride quality. Am not sure if owners would like that. I believe a change in specs also means that the car has to go through the ARAI certification process again.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 10:31   #19
BHPian

Why this uproar on the forum for this useless unexciting car from a company known to fool customers by taking advantage of the sentiments of indians. Maruti keeps on pasting plastics and tries to sell its machines. And we indians keep on buying them and keep on proving that yes, we can be taken for a ride anyday, anywhere, anytime. Had this same model been launched by some other company, we would have left no stone turned by criticizing the manufacturer and would have hardly bought 100-200 numbers in a month. Rather we would have discouraged them so much that they would have been forced to withdraw the model from market upon completion of its life-cycle. But since this is from the topmost conning company in india, we are most eager to capture a glimpse and are willing to lend our hearts out to them.
su1978 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 11:47   #20
BHPian

MSIL going ahead with that crazy colour for a production spec car?
I remeber some silly choices manufacturers did in the past for their cars and this one tops it off.

1. MS Celerio X - Orange
2. Tata Vista - Yellow
3. MS Swift - Purple (never seen one)
4. Hyundai i10 (first gen) - Yellow (sort of yellow, actually i can't even name that color. The one which SRK uses in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi)
5. Tata Nano - Pastel Sky Blue and Pastel Green (Usually found in lower spec versions)

With this Celerio X, somehow company wants to add flare to already bland car.

Don't know why, it may also provoke Hyundai to bring Grand i10 Cross which is already available in some market.
Old 28th September 2017, 11:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978 View Post
Why this uproar on the forum for this useless unexciting car from a company known to fool customers by taking advantage of the sentiments of indians. Maruti keeps on pasting plastics and tries to sell its machines. And we indians keep on buying them and keep on proving that yes, we can be taken for a ride anyday, anywhere, anytime. Had this same model been launched by some other company, we would have left no stone turned by criticizing the manufacturer and would have hardly bought 100-200 numbers in a month. Rather we would have discouraged them so much that they would have been forced to withdraw the model from market upon completion of its life-cycle. But since this is from the topmost conning company in india, we are most eager to capture a glimpse and are willing to lend our hearts out to them.
Its still one of the best options for people looking at an automatic in the 5-6L segment. Just like one segment of people will get excited when Jeep Compass will add the Panaromic Sunroof, people who are shopping in that segment may probably find this face lift of Celerio appealing. It's all about perspective. Safety is not the priority for the masses, cost and mileage are, and thats not going to change in the near future
aviraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 12:47   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
MSIL going ahead with that crazy colour for a production spec car?
I remeber some silly choices manufacturers did in the past for their cars and this one tops it off.
2. Tata Vista - Yellow
This one took the cake. I wonder who conceived that idea .
I'd say that orange will mostly look pretty OK on the Celerio if the plastic cladding job is done tastefully - with good materials and a properly matching shade of grey and minimal chrome. The colour job done with the orange Avventura will look interesting on the Celerio. Not that I'm a fan of these "X" cars at all, but to those who are - this colour combination will be a good option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
With this Celerio X, somehow company wants to add flare to already bland car.
I think "neutral" is the word. The Celerio is not exactly bland. It is a good package overall and has precisely found a target customer base in our market; as often with many MSIL cars.
Old 28th September 2017, 13:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The colour job done with the orange Avventura will look interesting on the Celerio. Not that I'm a fan of these "X" cars at all, but to those who are - this colour combination will be a good option.

I think "neutral" is the word. The Celerio is not exactly bland. It is a good package overall and has precisely found a target customer base in our market; as often with many MSIL cars.
I had always felt that Celerio had good potential for an "X" model. IMHO, it will look better than Etios cross. I usually keep my vehicle in stock condition, but actually looking forward to X to see if some parts/features can be implemented in my car.

Precisely put. Celerio actually gets the basics right for a basic car. Feature wise it may not be a bomb, but it has a very good sound system and safety department will also not disappoint, if you got for the Top end optional trim. But, as the majority complains, the seats could have been better. Hope this is taken care of in Celerio X.
Old 3rd October 2017, 21:00   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Celerio X launching tomorrow, spied at stock yard.

Scoop! Maruti preparing Celerio Cross-dlorqlgvaai6zle.jpg
Scoop! Maruti preparing Celerio Cross-maruticelerioxceleriocrossindialaunchdatepriceenginespecs1.jpg
Scoop! Maruti preparing Celerio Cross-maruticelerioxceleriocrossindialaunchdatepriceenginespecs.jpg

Quote:
The Cross or X, however, could demand a price of around Rs. 5.4-5.8 lakh in its manual and AMT guises. It won’t be offered in the base LXi trim and have a CNG version.

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd October 2017 at 21:03.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 21:24   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Celerio X launching tomorrow, spied at stock yard.
What did they do to that front, it looks like a bulldog which is ready to bite

And the tyre looks too small for the wheel arch cladding. Why couldnt they offer a 15 inch alloy to complement it? I am getting the cladding for running boards as soon as they are available through MGP. Those areas deserve some cladding since the running board gets damaged easily. Thats the only thing that impressed me to be honest
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 21:39   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh my eyes!!
and I was hoping it was going to look good...Well this will certainly increase sales of the Celerio (non X). Guess MSIL thought the Celerio is not looking good relative to other available offerings in its segment. So they added one not so good looking car. Theory of relativity redefined
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 21:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

Instead of that Gloss Black Paint/Stickering on Front Bumper, Maruti could have provided a New Rugged Bumper with Cladding exclusive to this variant.

Rear is ok, but why is that silver Cladding only at rear. Has maruti forgotten that it can be placed in front also like their 2 other cars ?

Also, to differentiate this from regular version, Maruti needs to add some features (Touch HU/Variable Wiper Speed/Scuffplates etc) lacking in Regular Celerio.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 21:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

It looks hideous! But, Maruti must be knowing better, the clinics conducted must have shown many prospective buyers. Even in that Diarrhoea Orange colour.
Old 3rd October 2017, 22:00   #29
BHPian

'Toy car' is the word which comes to mind first seeing the above stockyard pictures.
Bet this thing rolls forwards when pulled backwards.
Old 3rd October 2017, 22:13   #30
BHPian

Ugh, I was eagerly waiting for this launch. But it just looks ugly. Guess we'll have to stick to the conventional offerings of Celerio or look at i10 instead. Honestly the car didn't really need a makeover on the inside, I think it looks simple and classy just the way it is. They definitely could have used more premium quality plastics, given a touch screen navigation system, etc.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks