Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2017, 15:00   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Maruti preparing Celerio Cross

I thought (and hoped) that the Mahindra Gio will never get any competitor. But Maruti Suzuki has proved me wrong. Is it the ugliest MS car yet? it is, IMO. But it will still sell in good numbers I know

Scoop! Maruti preparing Celerio Cross-capture.jpg
Gio
Image Source:Google search
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 13:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Maruti is yet to announce the launch date but here is a leaked brochure that reveals all its features and variant-wise details.

Scoop! Maruti preparing Celerio Cross-20171004photo00002482.jpg

A previously leaked ARAI document had revealed the variants of the Celerio X. We can now confirm that it will be available in eight variants - Vxi, Vxi (O), Vxi AMT, Vxi AMT (O), Zxi, Zxi (O), Zxi AMT and Zxi AMT (O).

Scoop! Maruti preparing Celerio Cross-20171004photo00002485.jpg

The Celerio X gets a black body kit comprising of a matte black rear bumper with a silver scuff plate, black wheel arch cladding and side mouldings as well as a dual-tone front bumper with black trim around the fog lamp pods and a new grille. It also gets black ORVM housings with integrated turn signals, roof rails, blacked-out B-pillar, black door handles and a rear wiper. Inside, you get patterned seats with orange accents.

Scoop! Maruti preparing Celerio Cross-20171004photo00002484.jpg

If you look at the dimensions, the Celerio X is slightly longer and wider than the standard car. It measures 3,715 mm in length, 1,635 mm in width and 1,565 mm in height. That said, wheelbase is identical at 2,425 mm. It has a 235 litre boot and a 35 litre fuel tank. Minimum ground clearance is 120 mm.

Scoop! Maruti preparing Celerio Cross-20171004photo00002481.jpg

ORVM mounted turn signals, tilt steering, steering mounted audio controls, keyless entry, rear wiper, washer and defogger are available on the Zxi and Zxi (O) variants while black 14-inch alloy wheels, fog lamps and height adjustable driver's seat is only offered on Zxi MT (O) variant.

Scoop! Maruti preparing Celerio Cross-20171004photo00002480.jpg

In terms of safety features, driver side airbag is standard across all variants. ABS and passenger side airbag is offered on Vxi (O) and Zxi (O) trim levels.

Scoop! Maruti preparing Celerio Cross-20171004photo00002483.jpg

The Celerio X is mechanically identical to the standard car. It uses the same 998cc, 3-cylinder petrol engine which makes 67 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 90 Nm @ 3,500 rpm. The model will be offered with a choice of a 5-speed manual gearbox or 5-speed AMT. The car rides on 165/70 R14 tyres.

The Celerio X will be available in five exterior colour options - Orange, Blue, Brown, White and Grey.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 5th October 2017 at 13:06.
TusharK is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 13:44   #33
BHPian

Looks like a true contender to Etios Cross. Specially in terms of looks. What probably was the reason to launch it? Would they be marketing it as a new SUV (with strong crossover DNA? ) Yet I presumably believe since its a Maruti, it will sell higher than probably sales of Fiat's all vehicles combined.
Old 5th October 2017, 14:33   #34
BANNED

Seems like a vague attempt to replicate the Etios Cross frontal looks.

The problem with Celerio is that its shape is not at all suitable for the "Cross" version. Had this "crossing" been done to the A-Star, it would have been much better than this futile attempt.

Scoop! Maruti preparing Celerio Cross-20171004photo00002480.jpgScoop! Maruti preparing Celerio Cross-toyotaetioscrossfront.jpg

Last edited by romeomidhun : 5th October 2017 at 14:45.
Old 5th October 2017, 15:12   #35
BHPian

I thought that a spoiler or may be a touch screen infotainment system was in the offing. The feature list was unaltered may be because they did not want to increase the price difference between the Tiago and Celerio. A couple of 1000's more for a Celerio would have made Tiago a no-brainer for someone looking for car in this segment.
Old 5th October 2017, 16:00   #36
BHPian

Sad day in the history of Celerio. I'm a proud owner of this wonderful city car that does everything expected out of it and nothing more or less, and I feel bad that this is how they perceive the budget customer's idea of style to be. It reminds me of a scene in Sridevi's hit movie Chalbaaz, wherein the sweet and innocent Anju (Sridevi) is given a garish and hideous makeover by her evil aunt to make her look stupid. Maruti designers have played the role of the evil aunt perfectly.

In my opinion, Maruti should have gone ahead with new colors, shorter Swift type radio antenna, UK market style alloy wheels, height adjustable drivers seat in the ZXi AMT, touchscreen ICE and auto folding ORVMs (provided these dont jack up the cost too much)

What a missed opportunity to improve an incredibly sensible car. Maruti could really learn a thing or two from Hyundai about facelifts and feature updates.
Old 5th October 2017, 18:43   #37
BHPian

What a joke!
When will these people at Maruti learn what styling is and what exactly each type of car classification is?
Who in their right senses would think about making a cross version out of the bland looking Celerio?
The car never looked good even in its original form and it looks far verse in this avatar.

They have done similar attempts previously too by tweaking WagonR and launching the ugly Stingray at a premium, which flopped.

Seems like they never learn from their mistakes.

Someone there at Maruti's design team seriously needs to be laid off.

With all these stupid limited editions that compete with each other in terms of ugliness year after year, like the ridiculous RS edition of Swift, Windsong edition, and the countless stupid limited sticker-job editions of Alto, Wagon-R etc, Maruti should seriously review their design/styling team's competency and level of sanity.

Atleast the top management should check once in a while how well the competition (Particularly, Hyundai) is handling those departments.

The front of this car, with part of the bumper painted black in the most tasteless way gives an impression that something has fallen off / is missing from the bumper.
Pardon me for this, but it somehow reminds me of some statutory gory images of cancer patients that appear on cigarette packs, with part of the cheeks or jaws decayed or missing.
The rear is also a joke and that fake plastic scuff plate at the rear reminded me of a baby walking around with ill-fitting diapers.

In my opinion, this contraption doesn't even deserve a new separate thread, and adding it to the old Celerio thread would have been fine enough.
Because, I fear that by doing so, we are encouraging these people to come up with even more stupid editions due to the undue and undeserving attention it gets from enthusiasts forums like this.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 18:52   #38
BHPian

Celerio is a guinea pig model for Maruti, they do all kind of experiment with this model, e.g. AMT, Diesel engine and now this "Cross" version.

This way they are able to experiment new things without affecting their flagship model for the segment, Wagon R.

Also We may see Alto Cross to take on Ranault Kwid in future.
Old 5th October 2017, 22:47   #39
BHPian

Ooooh! Can't wait for the RS Touring Sport Stingray Glory Special Anniversary Virat Kohli Signature Edition. Shut up and take my money already!!

Mad Max is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 23:08   #40
BHPian

Interesting part here is that even the basic version comes with optional dual airbags and ABS. If priced rightly this could be one of the most affordable cars with basic safety package.
Old 1st December 2017, 14:59   #41
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki India today officially announced the launch of the new and sporty CelerioX hatchback. Priced from ₹ 4.57 lakh to ₹ 5.42 lakh, the new Maruti Suzuki CelerioX is a sporty version of the Celerio hatchback with crossover-like styling.

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/maruti-su...7-lakh-1782388
Old 1st December 2017, 15:10   #42
Senior - BHPian

Maruti CelerioX automatic prices (Ex-Delhi):
Vxi AMT - Rs 5 lakh
Vxi (O) AMT - Rs 5.15 lakh
Zxi AMT - Rs 5.25 lakh
Zxi (O) AMT - Rs 5.43 lakh

Manual variant prices (Ex-Delhi):
Vxi – Rs 4.57 lakh
Vxi (O) - Rs 4.72 lakh
Zxi - Rs 4.82 lakh
Zxi (O) - Rs 5.31 lakh
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 16:13   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Maruti is yet to announce the launch date but here is a leaked brochure that reveals all its features and variant-wise details.
Whoa! Seriously? I laughed out loud when I first saw this thread, but the pictures do look impressive.

The pseudo Cross segment has a serious contender for King

Mod Note: The Maruti CelerioX has been launched. Please continue the discussion on the new thread.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th December 2017 at 08:16.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed