Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2006, 10:51   #16
BHPian

that shows the pride we have

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
The Indian employees my colleague interacted with told him to keep his mouth shut at that moment else they'll lose their jobs.
May be these guys should show some degree of pride and put the koreans in place. We are talking all this without really knowing what really happened there, does any one have details ? Or it is some thing derived/ understood from korean expressions.
Old 25th November 2006, 11:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

We can also start an online campaign.. say, mail your friends and colleagues telling them the situation. One thing is for sure, I will never buy a Hyundai now.
Old 25th November 2006, 11:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

I have interacted with a lot of Koreans outside India, what I found was that they are usually quite docile if they know you are the type who doesn't take any crap. On the other hand if during interaction with them, they find you to be docile and 'keen' to get familiar with them, then they get aggressive.

With all these Korean, Jap types you just need to learn how to keep your distance from them and not get too familiar. Keep them guessing and off-balance so that they don't get too steady to take an aim.

Quote:
pirated movie/ game CDs are nothing new to us
most movies in hindi movies are pirated in pakistan. With the Mumbai underworld having a major stake in this racket. Nothing to do with 'us' in general.

Plz try not use such blanket terminology !
Old 25th November 2006, 11:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

I think the best way to deal with the dog eaters is by behaving with them the way behave with us. I dont know why Indians show so much respect for anyone "phoren". Remember the Ricky ponting-Sharad powar incident? Sharad thinks being an Indian, he is inferior to Australians, that he deserves to accept any insult if it comes from someone "Phoren" . So he does not react but just smiles at them when they humiliate him.
Indians should bahave with Koreans just like they do with us. Dont show extra respect/courtesy. Dont heed them unncessarily. Show them that if we can be good, we can be bad too.
Old 25th November 2006, 12:34   #20
BANNED

Let's not get racist about Koreans - calling them chinks, dog eaters etc, because then we are no better than them.

Every basket will have a few bad apples. In this case, the Korean management at the Hyundai plant. But let's not blanket all Koreans because there are some very nice, rational people out there too.

Your friend should figure out some way to take this public without exposing himself. A nice media frenzy should put them in their place.
Old 25th November 2006, 12:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
If this is what they dont like in indians, I think they are right. That does NOT mean indians are bad or whatever, IMHO our work culture has a lot to improve.
I agree.. Most indians seem to take work lightly..and THAT has to change.. These guys work like hell and stick to their timed schedules. They give work to so many indian companies which contribute to the economy.

While i agree that "we" cannot be badmouthed by them, we also have to accept that nothing much can be done about it.

Also, how many of us have protested against the religious / casteism based issues created by our own "Indian" politicos ? and what have we done about them.. Sorry for going

We first need to change the "babus" before we try elsewhere..
Old 25th November 2006, 13:04   #22
Team-BHP Support

Isn't some member on this forum a hyundai employee. I think ram_hyundai. I dont remember.

If he works at the plant we could go further with this.
Old 25th November 2006, 13:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
I agree.. Most indians seem to take work lightly..and THAT has to change.. These guys work like hell and stick to their timed schedules. They give work to so many indian companies which contribute to the economy.

While i agree that "we" cannot be badmouthed by them, we also have to accept that nothing much can be done about it.

Also, how many of us have protested against the religious / casteism based issues created by our own "Indian" politicos ? and what have we done about them.. Sorry for going

We first need to change the "babus" before we try elsewhere..
ha ha...typical of a confused Indian teenager to crock whatever comes to mind.

To 'accept' that nothing can be done about it, is to accept defeat. And to accept that you are a third-class citizen in your own country. Such defeatist attitudes should not be accepted or condoned.
Old 25th November 2006, 13:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

Great work in bringing up the issue,am working towards getting an explanation from HMIL with regard to this .
Old 25th November 2006, 15:06   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I guess the Japanese & Koreans have a perception that they are not Asians and that God placed them in Asia by mistake!
They always think they are at par with Americans and Europeans! This is shown in their attitute towards other Asian countries....!
are at par with Americans and Europeans???????????? Do you mean Ameriacand and europians are far supirior to Asian? Wow, how do you concluded that ?
Old 25th November 2006, 15:25   #26
BHPian

i dont know if i should say this in this forum but work culturewise i do believe the west is far superior to us. let me reiterate it has nothing to do with the quality of human beings but just work ethics.

coming back to the topic "these korean guys should be canned & their plant razed" if the things said are true. let everybody know we will not take crap, be it even bush. but then our leaders have "soft b@ll$ or should i say no b@ll$"
Old 25th November 2006, 16:02   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Great work in bringing up the issue,am working towards getting an explanation from HMIL with regard to this .
I am interested! Keep us updated!

Kudos for taking it up, Bro!!
Old 25th November 2006, 16:08   #28
BHPian

unless we have full details it not correct to make any conclusions regarding this. But whatever said and done, it has to be dealt with, if what our fellow BHpian said was to the extent of ridiculing and making fun of indians, no matter what.
we may have our short coming but we have our reasons to say that this is not acceptable.
if true, i hope this is dealt with in a fair and proper manner.
Old 25th November 2006, 19:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
are at par with Americans and Europeans???????????? Do you mean Ameriacand and europians are far supirior to Asian? Wow, how do you concluded that ?
lol no wonder we get pushed around....why do people consider themselves inferior to americans and europeans....
Old 25th November 2006, 19:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

WOw , is ther going to be Quit India Movement II ,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks