Team-BHP - Tata Motors gets government order for 10,000 Electric Vehicles (beating Mahindra & Nissan)!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Electric Cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/electric-cars/)
-   -   Tata Motors gets government order for 10,000 Electric Vehicles (beating Mahindra & Nissan)! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/electric-cars/190838-tata-motors-gets-government-order-10-000-electric-vehicles-beating-mahindra-nissan-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4306182)
Tata bagged the bigger order, but Mahindra delivers it first

Now that's competition. Way to go M&M! clap:

As usual, typical of politicians and bureaucrats to stand for photo op and totally hide the car! :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4306182)
Tata bagged the bigger order, but Mahindra delivers it first:

Attachment 1696655

In one of the statements Tata’s CEO looked optimistic in meeting the deadlines put forth by the government agency. However, M&M has already delivered few units to EESL. I believe M&M were already keeping the units ready before the contract itself which may have enabled them to deliver the product in advance? Hope Tata has hit the gas pedal on their production lines to meet and manage their expectations with the government.

Optimistic words by Tata on the car and meeting stringent deadline:

Quote:

We will be making enough money from each of the units that we will be selling to EESL. As of now, we will be selling 6,500-7,000 units and if the other company (Mahindra) opts out we will lap up the rest of the order as well," Guenter Butschek, MD & CEO of Tata Motors said
Quote:

All I can tell you now is that we are capable of meeting all the order requirements
On the other side, M&M were quite startled looking at the quote from Tata. They weren’t able to match the prices at which Tata offered the EV cars to EESL and were kind of appreciative by mentioning the below lines

Quote:

It is difficult to comprehend the price quoted by the L1 bidder (Tata Motors) though we've been in the e-vehicle business for sometime and we know the cost structure and subsystems very well.

We will not be making any money on the cars we supply to EESL. We will be losing money on every car.
I also recall reading somewhere on the net the tigor will not be available for passenger market yet and is remaining to be for commercial usage at this stage.

Source: Economic times

EESL to float another tender for 10,000 electric cars by March and complete the bidding process by June, 2018. The basic specifications for this tender will be same as the first tender.

http://www.livemint.com/Industry/Zsb...-vehicles.html

Why does the Mahindra e verito have a "Chevy" logo on the mock key that was presented? looks rushed up. They probably just printed it and taped over some logo.
I was looking forward to seeing the car. Sadly its pushed into the background.

Tata's tale of delays continues.

Deadline extended.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/tec...0-2440895.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbender (Post 4307095)
Tata's tale of delays continues.

Deadline extended.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/tec...0-2440895.html

I am sorry but I feel your post is misleading. EESL have given extra one month to both Tata and Mahindra. Both manufacturers are late in delivering the cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 4307104)
I am sorry but I feel your post is misleading. EESL have given extra one month to both Tata and Mahindra. Both manufacturers are late in delivering the cars.

Read between the lines my friend. Mahindra already started delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbender (Post 4307109)
Read between the lines my friend. Mahindra already started delivery.

It is because e verito is already in the market and tested. Hence it is easy for mahindra to deliver the product on time. Where as electric Tigor is not available in the market as of now and needs to be tasted thoroughly before delivering to the government.

There is a difference b/w delivering the existing model v/s a "better" one in making. So, lets not blabber saying one manufacturer bagged a big deal, but one other delivered it first, etc. It looks "kiddish" :)
I am pretty sure even those corporates won't fight to heart like this!

Prem.

Tigor electric variant could be rolled out for private buyers, too: Tata Motors MD

Excerpts:

The electric version of the Tigor compact sedan could make its way to Tata Motors showrooms if the car generates enough excitement among buyers.

“The EESL tender has brought us very powerfully in the electric mobility space and has effectively paved the way for a broader game in electric mobility. We are about to launch a broader product portfolio with electric powertrain solutions. And this is something we are currently finalising and as we have acquired all the required approvals we are going to make a ready-to-go announcement. 2018 will be an electrifying year”, added Butschek.

“Our powertrain solution as we applied on the Tigor can be applied on all types of vehicles. Technology used on one can be used on the others, that’s the advantage of this powertrain solution,” added Butschek.

On a related note, Uber to partner with Mahindra for electric vehicles in India.

Initial plan is to introduce E-Verito and E2O to the Uber fleet.

More details here:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/61779946.cms

P.S. Meanwhile, TATA plans to supply electric Nano to Uber's rival: OLA!

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/tec...t-2444763.html

Tata Motors rolled out the first batch of it's Tigor EV sedans earlier today from it's Sanand plant in Gujarat.

Quote:

Flagging off the batch of electric vehicles, N Chandrasekaran, chairman, Tata Group said, “This occasion is a significant milestone for Tata Motors and a proud moment for the entire team. As we work together to build the future of e-mobility in India, I am confident that our customers will respond very favourably to this electric model. I congratulate the entire Tata Motors team for this commendable achievement and wish them the very best as they go forward on this journey.”

According to Guenter Butschek, CEO and MD, Tata Motors, “It is indeed a momentous occasion for us as we have shown an exemplary teamwork spirit to overcome all challenges in delivering this project. I also recognize the invaluable contribution made by Electra EV as part of this team. With the Tigor EV, we have begun our journey in boosting e-mobility and offering a full range of electric vehicles to the Indian customers. This tender has effectively paved way for connecting our aspirations in the e-mobility space with the vision of the government.”
Tata Motors gets government order for 10,000 Electric Vehicles (beating Mahindra & Nissan)!-tigorevflagoff.jpeg

Tata Motors gets government order for 10,000 Electric Vehicles (beating Mahindra & Nissan)!-whatsappimage20171206at3699x3801.jpeg

Tata Motors gets government order for 10,000 Electric Vehicles (beating Mahindra & Nissan)!-whatsappimage20171206at3699x380.jpeg

Autocar Professional

Whilst the work done by both TATA & Mahindra is a commendable one by meeting stringent deadlines, I wonder the reliability of these vehicles because there were no reports as such (atleast to my knowledge) where these were tested extensively prior to delivering these orders? Because it shouldn’t be an impact to their respective reputations with EESL and other markets where these products won’t reach upto the expectations and later create a nagative impression in the mindset’s of prospective customers in the passenger segment. That would be their first step towards achieving success is what I personally feel as for now their orders are limited to EESL and they can make improvisations on these cars if required based on EESL feedback.

Because I believe our market is still on the growth spectrum and a little negligent towards accepting EV as a replacement over performance oriented IC engines. Nonetheless this is indeed a positive step towards driving the future for both the giants. I hope this step inspires them to build a stronger EV segment before Tesla makes its way to Indian market in future. All the best to both Tata (my fav) and Mahindra of course! clap:

Not far behind Mahindra, are they? So, it appears that Tata has done their homework on this one. Personally, I would like to see this being sold to the public too at some point. Having a solar power setup at home, a good looking electric car will be a good addition to my garage.

This is 'electrifying' news. Way to go ahead for TML.
Hoping that this product will stand the test of time.:thumbs up