Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2017, 10:27   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Renault Captur's new ad is ethically wrong & deceiving! Blatantly fooling the Indian custome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post

Car (a) So there is one car called Renault Kaptur which is sold in European markets. This car has solid safety ratings and is costly. This is based on Clio platform?

Car (b) This car is made by the same company Renault, looks like European Kaptur but is based on Duster? This does not have solid safety ratings (like the Clio based Kaptur) and is cheaper. This car is named as Captur and is sold in emerging countries like Russia, India?

So the issue is that Renault is selling car (b) in India but is showing the achievements of car (a) in the advertisements of car (b). If that is the case, then this is a serious case of misleading people.

Car (a) - Reanult Kaptur loosely based on the Duster platform PRIMARILY for Russia now sold in S American and another variant now in India.

LATIN NCAP
The Renault Captur's new ad is ethically wrong & deceiving! Blatantly fooling the Indian customer-23.jpg

Car(b)- Sold in Europe and is based on the Clio platform with the newer generation of engines and of 5 star Euro NCAP rating.

The Renault Captur's new ad is ethically wrong & deceiving! Blatantly fooling the Indian customer-22.jpg

The question in discussion is Renault is claiming credentials of Captur in a product ( Kaptur) that is not having them .

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th October 2017 at 10:34.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 10:32   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Renault Captur's new ad is ethically wrong & deceiving! Blatantly fooling the Indian custome

The issue is more with marketing than the product itself. How did top honchos even approve the ad knowing that these are two different cars.
The Indian Kaptur on paper appears to be a cheaper product but I would reserve my decision for now as the pricing safety ratings are not available yet.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 10:33   #63
BHPian

This is the most useless thread I have seen in Tbhp for a long long time, rather the first insensitive one.
Renault is World's biggest French manufacturer, Largest Aliiance car maker in the world with Nissan.
Before raising allegations its important to do some ground work.
Yes its based on Duster platform rather than Clio platform, which was longer, expensive and was not made for powertrains available in Indian sub continent.
All dies and tools for Captur were imported from Russia. So entirety of BIW is same as worldwide
Indian engineers have done a great job integrating the Duster platform into the Monocoque of actual Captur.
That's called cost effectiveness.

This is really disgusting to see such posts being entertained.
I am one privileged person to have driven the Clio based Kaptur, which wasn't spacious in any terms and the Indian Captur has been made to meet Indian customers demands.

I am really disheartened to see such posts here.
I request Moderators please do look into the facts and figures before alleging a Huge Organization of being con.
Sudeep_Kimster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 10:33   #64
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
To mislead people into believing this -

They call it an international success!
Crazy Driver, your post has performed a miracle within 1 hour of Renault people getting to office .

This is called consumer activism. You have just saved thousands of people from getting conned.
The Renault Captur's new ad is ethically wrong & deceiving! Blatantly fooling the Indian customer-video.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 4th October 2017 at 10:38.
GTO is offline   (53) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 10:35   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Very similar to Samsung's Note 3 launch when they sneakily and shamelessly provided the N9005 4G LTE Qualcomm version (with a more powerful chipset, better video recording etc) in all their showrooms rather than the India-spec N9000 Exynos version.

However that was a phone, THIS is a vehicle! I have lost all respect for Renault as a brand, and will highlight this fraud amongst all my acquaintances and friends.

Last edited by itwasntme : 4th October 2017 at 10:36. Reason: Clarity
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 10:40   #66
Senior - BHPian

Please make sure to provide link to this thread in opening post of official TBHP C/Kaptur review thread.
Better not to review this product at all - instead, just provide link to this thread in official review sub forum.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 10:41   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudeep_Kimster View Post
I request Moderators please do look into the facts and figures before alleging a Huge Organization of being con.
No one is doubting the massive effort which has gone into both cars. The issue is the blatant misrepresentation to the Indian public that both cars are the same.
itwasntme is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 10:52   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Crazy Driver, your post has performed a miracle within 1 hour of Renault people getting to office .

This is called consumer activism. You have just saved thousands of people from getting conned.
Attachment 1682104
This is Awesome

Team-BHP power rocks. Hope Renault has learnt its lesson.

Really grateful to CD for picking up on this farce. Kudos to GTO for creating a new thread and providing high visibility.

My humble request to the Mods reviewing the "Captur". Can this farce or conjob be included in the negatives so that buyers will know what to expect from Renault ASS? After all this product does manage to command a hefty premium. So the customer has every right to know what are the "packages" he/she is paying for when they are buying this car.
arunramaswamy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 10:58   #69
BHPian

Kudos to team-bhp and 'crazydriver' in particular for highlighting this misrepresentation of facts. It is very important for car (and other) manufacturers to realize that they cannot take the Indian customer for a ride by misrepresenting facts. Forums like ours go a big way in bringing such 'untruths' to light. Great job!
anandpkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 10:58   #70
BHPian

Quote:
This is the most useless thread I have seen in Tbhp for a long long time, rather the first insensitive one.
Renault is World's biggest French manufacturer, Largest Aliiance car maker in the world with Nissan.
Yes its based on Duster platform rather than Clio platform, which was longer, expensive and was not made for powertrains available in Indian sub continent.
All dies and tools for Captur were imported from Russia. So entirety of BIW is same as worldwide
Indian engineers have done a great job integrating the Duster platform into the Monocoque of actual Captur.

This is really disgusting to see such posts being entertained.
I am one privileged person to have driven the Clio based Kaptur, which wasn't spacious in any terms and the Indian Captur has been made to meet Indian customers demands.

Thanks for making it clear that the World's biggest French Manufacturer managed to cajole you into posting this, that too on Team Bhp. Take your favortism elsewhere.

If you want to support conmen, by all means do so. West Bengal lost a couple of billion dollars because people trusted chit funds. You're definitely being smarter by supporting cheater companies that milk Indians. You talk about French engineering. Let me tell you about that. My dad works for a Govt. Project that works on building a fusion reactor for power generation. The cost escalated to 4 times the original cost because the folks in Europe realized their budget estimates were wrong. Let's not glorify what doesn't deserve to be.

Last edited by Nissan1180 : 4th October 2017 at 11:10.
Nissan1180 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 10:58   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All the above may be true-It may be a great product and lot of great work may have gone into it.

Still does not answer the key question- Why is Renault trying to market piggy backing on the European Spec Captur? That is what is being called out as misleading and false. Don't they have the confidence to market it as is by calling out all the great stuff you have mentioned above?

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 4th October 2017 at 11:03.
Rajeevraj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 10:59   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
not defending renault here, but this scenario is actually more common than we think. I once bought a Galaxy S4, while a friend was gifted one from her dad in the US, and we found out that our phones were totally different. It seems samsung sold a variety of phones with different configurations as the galaxy S4
It’s not really the same. Suzuki S-Cross sold in India is not exactly the same as the one sold in Europe – same car with market/price-driven configurations. Is it ideal? May not be, but at least it’s not riding on the accolades for a different car.

If Skoda tomorrow advertises the Indian Rapid (re-badged Vento) with the awards and achievements of European Rapid, it will be something similar to this farce.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 11:04   #73
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Crazy Driver, your post has performed a miracle within 1 hour of Renault people getting to office
In case anyone missed the video, here's the link.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 11:04   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Friend,

You dont see anything wrong with the way Renault is advertising the Captur in India ?

Let me Quickly brief you - >

Captur - EU spec car with 5* Safety Rating and build very well.

Kaptur (SOLD IN RUSSIA) - Cheaper Car Build on the Duster platform which doesn't a have 5* Safety Rating.

Renault Advertising the Kaptur as the Captur and claiming that it has all the bells and whistles.
See the Picture in the opening thread!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-customer.html

Edit ->
See the above Video -

Last edited by Captain Slow : 4th October 2017 at 11:07.
Captain Slow is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 11:09   #75
Senior - BHPian

I am sharing my first interactions with Renault in 2016 here, the first email was written to Sumit when I suspected a fraud, Thereafter there was never an honest effort to resolve the issue by Renault.
Attached Thumbnails
The Renault Captur's new ad is ethically wrong & deceiving! Blatantly fooling the Indian customer-escalation_2016.jpg  

Last edited by deehunk : 4th October 2017 at 11:32.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks