Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2017, 09:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

I wish Hyundai does a slight price correction on the Tucson to sort of compete with the Jeep Compass. The base variant of the Tucson is pretty loaded when compared to the Compass sport variant which is quite basic. If the Tucson's base variant can be within 1 lakh of the Base Compass, it would be tremendous value!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th October 2017 at 13:59. Reason: Formatting error.
Old 8th October 2017, 10:00   #32
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson AWD launched at Rs.25.19 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I wish Hyundai does a slight price correction on the Tucson to sort of compete with the Jeep Compass.
They seem to have done a price correction at the top end with the AWD being added for a not very significant increase.
It's now appearing a very VFM option compared to the Tiguan, especially the Comfortline variant. I suppose Hyundai is happy competing with VW rather than Jeep.

Next they could add a top end variant with Sunroof, and those much coveted ventilated seats to close out their portfolio.

Last edited by mayjay : 8th October 2017 at 10:02.
Old 9th October 2017, 08:00   #33
BANNED

This is the Compass effect. Base price is back to 18 lakh and most variants are even cheaper than what they cost at the time of launch.

My favorite part is that the base diesel is 1.4 lakh cheaper (plus the cost savings in registration and insurance.)
Old 9th October 2017, 08:35   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Tucson AWD is now a highly desirable urban SUV with everything one can wish for with the possible exceptions of sunroof and LED headlights. Powerful, right sized and reliable.

Feel bad for the initial buyers as they may very correctly feel shortchanged given the updated trim levels plus the new AWD system. Another lesson not to immediately buy a new model but wait for 9 months/1 year for the inevitable V2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
But when I did look at one at night [it was coming from the other side] it appeared that it has good headlamps, maybe not LED as you say, is it the parabolic headlamps?

But then, those won't make up for LED's. That would be good to have, along with sun/moon roof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Swept back dual barrel LED headlamp unit with high beams as halogens. Turn indicators placed beyond the high beams towards the grille. Notice how the grille and the headlamp unit are gelled together to have a seamless look:

Dual barrel LED lamps and the high beam in action. A point worth noting is that while the low beams are twin LED barrels which provide great illumination, the high beams are regular halogen lights which frankly, are sad as compared to the low beams.
Appears the top end Tuscon has LED headlamps, this is what I read in our Official review. Post # 3
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 10:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

Nice update for the Tucson. AWD is much needed for a SUV, be it a soft-roader or a traditional ladder on frame truck.

Hyundai has also slipped in a good reduction of prices across the range for the existing 2WD variants. Along with added safety features for the mid variant.

It is good when you note that most competitors increased the price following the hike in GST Cess. Hence the real difference compared to the older price is even more. Glad they couldn't pull a Creta here.

Old
2WD MT - 21.64
2WD AT GL - 23.53
2WD AT GLS - 25.00

New
2WD MT - 19.96
2WD AT GL - 22.50
4WD AT GLS - 25.19

If they had debuted with this pricing, the Tucson would have sold a lot more.
deetjohn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 10:20   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Hyundai has also slipped in a good reduction of prices across the range for the existing 2WD variants. Along with added safety features for the mid variant. .
If the prices start just where Creta's prices end or overlap a bit, it is going to be a win-win for Hyundai. While the interiors don't look like that of a 25L car [but is equipped, is minimalistic with quality which I prefer] the exteriors do actually look good. Not intimidating but does demand a second glance and appears premium.

In all honesty, Hyundai should [either] rethink about its price or give discounts.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 07:57   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
If the prices start just where Creta's prices end or overlap a bit, it is going to be a win-win for Hyundai. While the interiors don't look like that of a 25L car [but is equipped, is minimalistic with quality which I prefer] the exteriors do actually look good. Not intimidating but does demand a second glance and appears premium.

In all honesty, Hyundai should [either] rethink about its price or give discounts.
Overlap with Creta is not going to happen. Its not like the top variants of Creta is packed with features anyways. So, why would anyone NOT buy the much superior Tucson for the same price or even for a little more? Don't forget Hyundai even sells the Elantra at a little premium to Creta. And it gets the same 1.6 Diesel as Creta and is a sedan.

What they can do with the Tucson if Hyundai is looking for good numbers is equipping the starting variant with the AT and adding AWD to the AT GL. And retire the top variant. That will surely make it a very compelling package. And a hot pick for many who are waiting for their Jeep. Hyundai for all their success doesn't have the brand pull of the Jeep and will have to take the fight to the competition the old way. Add equipment and rely on their impressive sales network to bring the economies of scale.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 08:20   #38
BHPian

Quote:
What they can do with the Tucson if Hyundai is looking for good numbers is equipping the starting variant with the AT and adding AWD to the AT GL. And retire the top variant. That will surely make it a very compelling package.
Agree with first two assertions, but not sure how 'retiring the top variant' supposed to help... We don't have a fully equipped soft-roader from a (relatively) well trusted and reliable brand (OK, Tucson is not entirely 'fully-equipped', but certainly close) in our market. With Santa Fe out, Hyundai has no concerns about the top spec cannibalizing sales of its any other model anyway. So don't think retiring the top variant is going to help in any way - adding more equipment to it for a slight price rise (so that it still is VFM compared to Tiguan and likes) is a better strategy in my opinion.
actinium15 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 08:37   #39
BHPian

Quote:
...Hyundai has also slipped in a good reduction of prices across the range for the existing 2WD variants....

Old
2WD MT - 21.64
2WD AT GL - 23.53
2WD AT GLS - 25.00

New
2WD MT - 19.96
2WD AT GL - 22.50
4WD AT GLS - 25.19
When did this happen?
Old 12th October 2017, 08:56   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by actinium15 View Post
Agree with first two assertions, but not sure how 'retiring the top variant' supposed to help... We don't have a fully equipped soft-roader from a (relatively) well trusted and reliable brand (OK, Tucson is not entirely 'fully-equipped', but certainly close) in our market.
But, if Hyundai adds AWD to the GL, then what's the point of GLS? Both will be very very close feature wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
When did this happen?
Please check the Team-BHP News on this very thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Old 12th October 2017, 09:03   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Please check the Team-BHP News on this very thread.
I saw that, but I thought the only thing new was the launch of AWD variant. The article doesn't explicitly state a reduction in prices of the other variants, and I didn't recall the prices offhand, so didn't spot it.
Old 12th October 2017, 09:31   #42
BHPian

Quote:
But, if Hyundai adds AWD to the GL, then what's the point of GLS? Both will be very very close feature wise.
Well, LED headlamps, front parking sensors and EBP are in GLS only today.

FWIW, I'm all for making GL 'richer' feature-wise (and adding AWD to it) - what I'm not able to understand is how killing GLS variant is better than adding a few more bells and whistles (auto-wipers, ventilated seats, 4-way lumbar support, all window auto-up/down, etc.) to it at a slight premium. The competition in this space is only vehicles from (disreputed) Skoda and VW - a premium 5-seater from a reputable stable which 'checks all the boxes' and is VFM will be more than welcome!
actinium15 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 04:55   #43
BHPian

Quote:
...Hyundai has also slipped in a good reduction of prices across the range for the existing 2WD variants. Along with added safety features for the mid variant. ...

Old
2WD MT - 21.64
2WD AT GL - 23.53
2WD AT GLS - 25.00

New
2WD MT - 19.96
2WD AT GL - 22.50
4WD AT GLS - 25.19
Questions:
- Have they removed cruise control in the base variant as part of this price cut? The online brochure on Hyundai India's web page says that the base variant does not have cruise control. Or is that a printing mistake? (the salesman says that base version continues to have cruise control. But I don't want some nasty surprises at the time of delivery, hence trying to confirm!)
- What were the old prices of the *petrol* models?

Last edited by vharihar : 13th October 2017 at 04:58.
Old 13th October 2017, 07:11   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by actinium15 View Post
Well, LED headlamps, front parking sensors and EBP are in GLS only today.

FWIW, I'm all for making GL 'richer' feature-wise (and adding AWD to it) - what I'm not able to understand is how killing GLS variant is better than adding a few more bells and whistles (auto-wipers, ventilated seats, 4-way lumbar support, all window auto-up/down, etc.) to it at a slight premium.
Got it! Was wondering whether it makes sense for Hyundai to keep an additional top variant which offers so little over GL provided the latter gets better equipped. Maybe there is a market for such features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Questions:
- Have they removed cruise control in the base variant as part of this price cut?....(the salesman says that base version continues to have cruise control. But I don't want some nasty surprises at the time of delivery, hence trying to confirm!)....What were the old prices of the *petrol* models?
Here you go!

Old
2WD MT - 18.99
2WD AT - 21.84

New
2WD MT - 18.00
2WD AT - 21.00

Write to Hyundai and confirm. That is the best way to validate the feature list. I really wouldn't rely on the word of the sales man for a vehicle which has sold so little and undergoing a variant/ pricing rejig.

Also, didn't know you were waiting for delivery. Many congratulations!! Which engine and variant have you chosen?
Old 13th October 2017, 08:40   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Write to Hyundai and confirm. That is the best way to validate the feature list. I really wouldn't rely on the word of the sales man for a vehicle which has sold so little and undergoing a variant/ pricing rejig.

Also, didn't know you were waiting for delivery. Many congratulations!! Which engine and variant have you chosen?
No, I haven't booked yet. Still in two minds.

I will write to Hyundai. Do you know the email address?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks