Team-BHP - Maruti Celerio facelift launched at Rs. 4.15 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Celerio facelift launched at Rs. 4.15 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/191034-maruti-celerio-facelift-launched-rs-4-15-lakh.html)

Maruti Suzuki has launched the Celerio facelift with prices ranging from Rs. 4.15 lakh to Rs. 5.36 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The new Celerio is offered in 12 variants including AMT and CNG models.

Maruti Celerio facelift launched at Rs. 4.15 lakh-celerio1.jpg

As a part of the update, the Celerio gets mildly revised styling. The front and rear bumpers have been redesigned and so is the front grille along with the fog lamp bezels. The Celerio comes with a dual-tone interior theme in black and greige with patterned fabric seat covers. The dashboard gets silver accents around the center console and the side air-con vents.

Maruti Celerio facelift launched at Rs. 4.15 lakh-celerio2.jpg

Under the hood is the same 998cc, 3-cylinder petrol engine which produces 67 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and peak torque of 90 Nm @ 3,500 rpm. It is paired with either a 5-speed manual transmission or an AMT. The AMT is available on Vxi, Vxi (O), Zxi and Zxi (O) trim levels.

Maruti Celerio facelift launched at Rs. 4.15 lakh-celerio4.jpg

The new Celerio comes with driver side airbag and seat belt reminder as standard. ABS and front passenger side airbag are available as an option. According to Maruti, the new model meets pedestrian, offset and side impact regulations.

Maruti Celerio facelift launched at Rs. 4.15 lakh-celerio3.jpg

The variant-wise ex-showroom Delhi prices of the new Maruti Celerio are:

Maruti Celerio facelift launched at Rs. 4.15 lakh-celerio5.jpg
Maruti Celerio facelift launched at Rs. 4.15 lakh-celerio7.jpg
Maruti Celerio facelift launched at Rs. 4.15 lakh-celerio6.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

More than anything, i hope they corrected the AMT response to reduce jerkiness and head nod while auto shifting.

Since this was the first car to come with AMT by Maruti, there was lots of refinement required in the AMT box. I hope with this update they made some improvements, to atleast bring it par with the 'box of Ignis/Dzire in terms of jerkiness/head nod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TusharK (Post 4281977)

The new Celerio comes with driver side airbag and seat belt reminder as standard. ABS and front passenger side airbag are available as an option. According to Maruti, the new model meets pedestrian, offset and side impact regulations.

The cosmetic changes are blink and miss types. It will take a trained team bhp eye, to notice the cosmetic changes.

However, I think the most important change here is the Airbag as Standard.
Slowly and steadily, the Indian 'common' car buyer is getting what he deserved a decade back (bare bones safety).

The Bharat Safety Norms were supposed to come into effect in late 2017.
Can we hypothesize that all new models now (like this Celerio) will have airbags and stable body shells?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhishek46 (Post 4282020)
The Bharat Safety Norms were supposed to come into effect in late 2017.
Can we hypothesize that all new models now (like this Celerio) will have airbags and stable body shells?

Maruti being Maruti will not start with strengthened underpinning unless the new norms are in place.

Airbag is a visible line item and can be used as a USP against competition making the car "at par" or "better" compared to peers.

Stable body shell is invisible and is not even been discussed by buyers in 99% of the cases. MSIL and some of the other players boast of lean manufacturing practices and it seems that the same is applied in safety features also ! Quite evident from the fact that auto players in India lobbied against the "test speed" used by global NCAP by saying that Indian cars do not move / collide at that speed.

Instead of doing this bumper and beige update, Maruti could have:

1. Given adjustable headrests for front and rear. (Cheaper WagonR has them!!)
2. Updated the feature set to make the L and V variants more VFM.
3. Instead of single driver airbag, twin airbags and ABS should have been standard fitment.
4. Refine the AMT box.
5. Better strength steel (too much to ask!)
6. Offer a service package which doesn't burn a hole in owner's pocket, more so when your dealers try each and every trick possible to extract money during service.

Thank God they haven't added some gaudy decals and accessories and haven't given it a special edition name.

Indeed a "blink and you'll miss it" facelift. Yet, I like how they've maintained the car's original identity & brought it up a notch in terms of modernity. The grille & bumper help.

This car is quite an all-rounder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 4282004)
More than anything, i hope they corrected the AMT response to reduce jerkiness and head nod while auto shifting.

Maruti has been continually improving the AMT; still, there's no escaping the inherent flaws of the box. While the jerkiness has reduced, it is still very much there (personally, I couldn't ever live with an AMT).

Quote:

Originally Posted by PraNeel (Post 4282180)

Thank God they haven't added some gaudy decals and accessories and haven't given it a special edition name.

That has been saved for the Celerio X :Frustrati

The face-lift combines a perceivable product refresh with good timed change to also incorporate the fixes required to meet the BharatNCAP regulations. Overall, in line with usual Maruti face-lifts at this age of a car.

Very small cosmetic changes that don't offend or turn away any customers while also not making existing customers feel they drive an old car. No changes to any mechanical parameters - which is absolutely expected and acceptable for the segment and price bracket of the car.

Looking at the response & number of posts in this thread is a reflection of how Maruti has placed this car in the market. Hardly anybody wants to discuss about it or pay attention to the tiny details of the changes in the face-lift. Yet - the car will continue to sell in very high numbers day in and day out. People will opt for it for the practicality, peace of mind & economy that it offers. Not for any gizmos and special features. Their primary mode of transport for PointA to PointB travel without any trouble every day.

WagonR and Celerio always fit the average middle class' basic requirements. I always liked the Ritz the most from Maruti's stable above a lot of other premium cars also. One of the most practical car packages. But somehow it failed relatively in our market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4282225)
Indeed a "blink and you'll miss it" facelift. Yet, I like how they've maintained the car's original identity & brought it up a notch in terms of modernity. The grille & bumper help.

Maruti has been continually improving the AMT; still, there's no escaping the inherent flaws of the box. While the jerkiness has reduced, it is still very much there (personally, I couldn't ever live with an AMT).

I fully agree. The facelift is very sensibly done. (although I was disappointed by the X edition). The rear bumper looks way better and in-sync with rest of the styling than the original one which looks bad, to be honest. I am wondering if I can swap my existing one with this one lol:. Front looks better too, but I think the original front end was not bad.

I wonder if they have provided a driver seat height adjustment in AMT ZX 'O' variant now.

I really wish they would have put a touch screen in the car with Apple Car Play and Android support, it would've been a perfect car for the youth on a budget. A nonsense car with the right features.

Still overpriced by 40-50K for what it offers compared to the Tiago.

The Tiago is no longer the underdog compared to the Celerio . Last month, it sold 8300 units which is high by any means. Despite that the Tiago undercuts the Celerio by 30-40 K inspire of having higher equipment levels. This is in spite of Tiago undergoing price hikes. At launch , the Tiago was 50-60K cheaper.

All the negatives of Tiago like 3 cylinder thrum and refinement issues are not a deal breaker compared to Celerio.

I like the looks. The new grille and bumpers give the car a bit of menace that it was begging for. The older one was just too cheerful and simple.

I feel it is still overpriced, especially when compared to the WagonR. The WagonR VXi costs the same as the Celerio VXi and comes with most of the features that the Celerio ZXi has. Even with the discounts, it didn't feel like good value.

Is there a reason why Celerio is missing in Maruti's line-up of BS6 cars (link below). Although there are others missing as well in this list (Ignis, SCross, Ciaz, Brezza, Eeco), what's interesting is that, on Maruti's website Celerio, Alto K10, Spresso share the same engine specs. However only SPresso's specs mentions BS6, both Alto K10 and Celerio's engine specs mention BS4. It's the same K10B engine across the 4 cars now (including Wagon R 1.0).

So, Alto appears on the BS6 line-up, but Alto K10 specs indicate otherwise (couldn't find the emission details of Alto 800). And Maruti seems to be unwilling to equip the Celerio (and Wagon R 1.0) with BS6 engine yet, even if it's available? What am I missing here.

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/corporate/technology/bs6