Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2017, 15:51   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: September 2017 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
I'm interested to see how the new S-Cross would be received by in-market buyers considering that the 1.6 MJD is now history and the 1.3 is a SHVS engine.
There would hardly be any impact on S Cross sales considering that the DDiS320 was clocking ~165 units a month ( average of 4000 in 2 years)
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 15:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

It is going to be a very Happy Diwali for MSIL and it's Dealers. It seems like its raining Dzires. Recently I was visiting different accessories shop to finalize seat cover for my new MS Vitara Brezza. I found all the accessories shops were busy with brand new MS Dzires. Now, I am worried about the service quality of MASS, how will they cope with this much cars?

Great to see TATA Nexon's number, A competitor for MS Vitara Brezza is need of time. Let's see how TATA manages in upcoming months.

Good numbers by Verna. It seems some of the potential buyers of Ciaz & City went for Verna.

Not able to understand, what happened to Ford Endeavour?
SJM1214 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 16:10   #18
BHPian

“Come September”

With September bringing resurrection in sales of various capable cars inter-alia Verna, Kwid, Ecosport, Scorpio, Eon, Bolero, etc., which otherwise were slipping in numbers during past few months, this festive season seems to have taken off with flying colors.

Car makers now breathe a sigh of relief from the existing bookings and with Deepawali around; they can hope to carry forward this momentum during October as well.

Sorry to see the usual laggards continue enjoying leisure time in their back benches; even whilst their neighbors are minting season sales.

Verna: Perhaps the 6K plus of dispatches pertain to the initial bookings and it would be interesting to see where it stabilizes in the coming months. Good luck Hyundai.

Ecosport: I mean c’mon. Nearly 5k fresh cars rolling out on a car that is already 4+ years old is exemplary. It only shows how much we Indians love this baby SUV.

Kwid: The Magic is back. With close to 10K cars rolling out during September, Renault seem to be back in business.

Aspire: Although in proportion, the gained sales are in excess of 58% over the previous month, however the total units sold stand at a meager 2.2K. In my opinion this little rocket is capable of much better numbers. I sincerely hope this little ford machine gains momentum from now on.

Last edited by King_pin09 : 9th October 2017 at 16:11.
King_pin09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 16:16   #19
BHPian

Happy to see Kwid doing good. What happened to Celerio? It just dropped in half.

Also, good to see the Figo twins doing well. Hopefully, next month we'll see a better run rate from Skoda.

It also feels like the folks who are shopping the sub-4m SUV segment are cross-shopping for the bigger SUVs like XUV. This will be interesting to see as it firms up.
Mad Max is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 16:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Automobile sales has reached new heights, crossed the 3 lacs mark

Hyundai dispatched 4779 units of Verna in Aug'17 which would have accounted for test drive and display vehicles. This month shipment is purely customer cars.
Agree. My point was that it's too soon to call them a segment leader with just one month dispatch figures. 6K is a good number and it deserves every accolade it is getting. My point is that the dispatch numbers of MSIL/Hyundai bear different results from others. Verna has 12 variants. Assuming there are 1000 showrooms, they would send at least 2 display cars, 2 diesel cars and 2 petrol cars TD in manual/auto combination to most of the dealers. That itself puts the number at 6000. The launch happened on 22nd Aug, Almost 45 days back. Assuming deliveries have already happened across the country, am sure showroom/TD vehicles would have been sent on both months with Aug dispatches having more TD's.

I sincerely hope Hyundai is able to sustain this for as long as possible. The vehicle deserves that.
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 16:46   #21
BHPian

JEEP Compass doing 2000 numbers for the second month in a row is appreciable. But I wonder whose share of business is the Compass eating into?

The Innova Crysta & Fortuner is doing pretty well. So is the the Xuv5OO and Scorpio from Mahindra. The Creta is stabilized at the 9-10k mark. The C2 Sedans (Verna, City and Ciaz are pulling in the numbers. The D1 sedans are marginally down, but that doesn't add up to 2000. I wonder where is Jeep Compass getting its buyers from. Or is it a new hidden buyer base it has tapped into?
dragstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 16:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Hopefully, next month we'll see a better run rate from Skoda.
I have my doubts about this. The Octavia, vRS and Rapid may be winners but the recent fraud at one of their dealerships has attracted a lot of negative press and has further deterred many prospective buyers from even visiting their showrooms. Also with the local press onto the issue, I think that run rate might actually go in the red.

Add to this, they've launched the Kodiaq at such a horrendous price that, as a ripple effect, Tiguan and Compass might end up benefiting from it.

Last edited by sleepyhead148 : 9th October 2017 at 16:54. Reason: Improper spelling of maybe in the context. Changed to may be.
sleepyhead148 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 16:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Indian Passenger Car market explained in one picture. Talk about lion's share

orig pic by: G. “Rinaldino” Teichmann
Attached Thumbnails
September 2017 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-marketshare.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 9th October 2017 at 16:55.
Latheesh is offline   (81) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 17:28   #24
BHPian

MSIL domination continues - but Ciaz seems to be slowing down, so again the 10L mark seems to be a serious hurdle for them.

Tata - good show on Tiago but Hexa selling below XUV and a much more expensive Fortuner would be disappointing to them for what is a fine product.

M&M - consistently this month again Bolero > Scorpio > XUV > TUV. The older the product the more successful it has been

Hyundai - good allround performance - though they need to put more effort into marketing the Tucson

Jeep - Compass is off to a good start, let's hope the momentum can be sustained.
car.lover is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 17:38   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car.lover View Post

M&M - consistently this month again Bolero > Scorpio > XUV > TUV. The older the product the more successful it has been
You can add the KUV100 in there and formula still works.
mrbaddy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 17:38   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Lion's Dzire is ruthless!

Anyway survival of the fittest is evident in a few segments.

D1 Segment: Rise of Jeep Compass to 25% segment share. Juicy numbers by XUV500 despite the news of facelift coming up.

B1 Segment: Rise of Tiago to 8300 and the fall of Celerio to 4800

B2 Segment: 2770 Nexon in 9 days extrapolates to ~9500 for next month. That could move Tata to third position (~24000) overall market share pushing M&M (~23000) to fourth. Would be interesting to watch October numbers.
Thermodynamics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 17:58   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Not visible in the pic, but there are some vultures (Kia Motors, Peugeot, MG Motors) hovering on top - waiting to swoop in for the scraps.
SmartCat is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 19:23   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
B1 Segment: Rise of Tiago to 8300 and the fall of Celerio to 4800
B2 Segment: 2770 Nexon in 9 days extrapolates to ~9500 for next month. That could move Tata to third position (~24000) overall market share pushing M&M (~23000) to fourth. Would be interesting to watch October numbers.
The Tiago-Celerio numbers maybe unrelated. The drop in the Celerio dispatches may have to do with the launch of facelift that was anticipated this month (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4281712)

The Nexon extrapolation is too simplistic. Most of those 2700 dispatches would be demo and test drive cars for dealerships. True numbers would emerge over the next couple of months.

Last edited by cogWheel : 9th October 2017 at 19:47.
cogWheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 20:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogWheel View Post
The Nexon extrapolation is too simplistic. Most of those 2700 dispatches would be demo and test drive cars for dealerships. True numbers would emerge over the next couple of months.
Absolutely on the money. Tata has also followed a slower production ramp-up for it's new launches (Tiago onwards), and I'd expect 3000 - 4000 units for the next couple of months. This slower ramp-up helps them figure out which variants are popular, and gives the vendors time to get their quality right.
Amartya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 21:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 10th October 2017 at 10:43.
srishiva is offline   Received Infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks