Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2017, 14:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: September 2017 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
Ranjangaon is a common factory for FCA and Tata Motors. The Compass shares its factory floor with the Linea, Abarth Punto, Nexon, Tiago and Tigor. So the increase in production should be viewed with a pinch of salt.
Small correction: Tiago and Tigor are made in Tata Motors Sanand plant. Ranjangaon plant make primarily Compass and Nexon (rest of FCA model numbers are negligible)
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 14:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Ranjangaon is a common factory for FCA and Tata Motors. The Compass shares its factory floor with the Linea, Abarth Punto, Nexon, Tiago and Tigor. So the increase in production should be viewed with a pinch of salt.
Hardly any Linea, Punto, Abarth etc are being produced and sold. Tiago and Tigor are manufactured at Tata's Gujarat plant. Compass production increase was specifically mentioned by FCA India in an interview to media, hence my expectation of higher numbers. Nonetheless 2K is still a good figure especially looking at the number of dealers they have.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 14:58   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Maruti may see a slower growth in the near future
Maruti has a target of 2 million units per annum by 2020. They are quite sure they are going to achieve more than that and would be very very satisfied (even if the growth is in single digit).
Even if we ignore the rumors about Vitara S/Grand Vitara/Kizashi, they still have Swift, Ciaz & Ertiga facelift lined up next year and the momentum should continue. Add to that Breeza and S-cross don't have petrol offerings yet.

Quote:
[*]I don't think the DZire, Baleno and Brezza current sales numbers are maintainable because Maruti is now trying to clear the backlogs using the new plant, and once it is cleared, numbers will come down. Once the cars are available off-the-shelf, there may come some additional orders because of the ready availability, but it won't be entirely sufficient to retain the current numbers, IMO.
What is happening with Dzire, I have no idea. I thought August month was one-off but they surprised us again. Would have to wait and watch. Someone mentioned that Dzire still has 4 months waiting for certain variants. Baleno and Breeza productions are being increased to reduce the waiting period and again Breeza is yet to be offered with a petrol engine.

Quote:
Nexon will give some fight to their B+, C cars.
I really love Nexon and want it to succeed. But even after 20 days from launch (bookings started earlier than that), they haven't revealed the booking numbers yet. Even WR-V, Verna and Compass numbers were revealed. So I am not sure what is happening. Did anyone mention anything like people queuing to check out Nexon like they did for Compass? So, for now, I think Maruti has nothing to worry.
Old 10th October 2017, 15:15   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 View Post
But even after 20 days from launch (bookings started earlier than that), they haven't revealed the booking numbers yet.
The numbers were revealed on the Nexon thread a few hours ago. 10,313. A bit low compared to the Brezza, WRV and Compass. Surprised by the number despite the traction the car has generated, both online and offline.

Posting from the Nexon thread;
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
10313 bookings for Nexon, got this info at Concorde.
sleepyhead148 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 15:33   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 View Post
But even after 20 days from launch (bookings started earlier than that), they haven't revealed the booking numbers yet. Even WR-V, Verna and Compass numbers were revealed. So I am not sure what is happening. Did anyone mention anything like people queuing to check out Nexon like they did for Compass? So, for now, I think Maruti has nothing to worry.
Nexon has 10,000 plus bookings already (a week back).

Secondly, Tata has more than twice the dealership network of FCA.
As a result, Customers do not have to queue up.
abhishek46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 16:01   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Nexon has 10,000 plus bookings already (a week back).
Source?

Fact seems to be - Nexon has crossed 10k bookings just now (That's a month) and not a week back. Details here (The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Secondly, Tata has more than twice the dealership network of FCA.
As a result, Customers do not have to queue up.
Nice joke.

However, fact is - Queuing up or not - 10k bookings for the 14.5L Compass in a month as against the 10k bookings for the 5.85L Nexon in a month shows the real story. The former has received a good response for the segment, while the latter has got a lukewarm one.

Long term success for both depends on how good the dealership and ownership experiences turn out in the long run.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th October 2017 at 16:04.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 16:07   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Source?

Fact seems to be - Nexon has crossed 10k bookings just now (That's a month) and not a week back.
Yes, look like you are correct.
I mis-interpreted the article. This was the source.
http://www.india.com/auto/car-news/t...a-month-36347/
Old 10th October 2017, 17:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Aditya for the information. Its great to see such numbers since the GST debacle and frequent policy changes by the government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
I was expecting better than this (~2800) given they already have more than 10K orders and had announced increase in production from 100 to 150 units/day some time back.
Quote:
Ranjangaon is a common factory for FCA and Tata Motors. The Compass shares its factory floor with the Linea, Abarth Punto and Nexon.
The Fiat plant makes Zest, Bolt, Linea, versions of Punto, Nexon and Compass along with a separate line for Indica. It is entirely possible that so many bookings took the company by surprise and they weren't simply prepared. Although the real reason I think is that the workers there had got used to making couple of cars a day and leaving home by 3.30/4pm . It'll take them some time to adjust to doing more work.
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 18:10   #54
BHPian

I am happy and sad for Tata at the same time. Happy for Tiago, because a beautiful European looking (to me at least) hatch back is getting the kind of love and affection it deserves. On the other hand, Hexa/Aria again seems to be fighting a loosing battle. To me, as an existing Mahindra owner, Mahindra products no way come close to new generation Tata products but still XUV is ruling the roost. God knows why.

As far as Dezire is concerned, with over 30K sales in the last two months, it's no longer a Desire, it has become an Obsession
jeepster_chd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 18:17   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Its great to see such numbers since the GST debacle and frequent policy changes by the government.
The festival season and the aspiration of an Indian middle-class family to own a car, coupled with a motley bunch of us enthusiasts frequently looking for newer machines shall withstand any policy changes.

However, I would really appreciate if anyone of us (mods including) could compile an overall sales study post July '17 (till say December '17) to fully understand the impact of GST and the cess on different segments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Although the real reason I think is that the workers there had got used to making couple of cars a day and leaving home by 3.30/4pm . It'll take them some time to adjust to doing more work.
Zomato has setup something similar to Ranjangaon in the NCR region; a cloud kitchen that rents out space to restaurant chains (and rumors state that it's similar to any mega-factory). Such instances of co-existence makes for great case studies.
sleepyhead148 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 18:47   #56
BHPian

Tiago is performing great on the sales chart. 8316 is fantastic for a Tata car, last time we saw this kind of response was for Indica (or initial batches of Nano may be). I was about to buy Tiago in September, but dealership experience kept me away from buying one. So, for the time being I have picked one out of those 23830 Altos dispatched in last month.
Nexon is an excellent product. And, I feel it is going to help Tata achieve 4th spot on the chart.
Old 10th October 2017, 18:56   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Small correction: Tiago and Tigor are made in Tata Motors Sanand plant. Ranjangaon plant make primarily Compass and Nexon (rest of FCA model numbers are negligible)
Hi Latheesh,

Where are Zest and Bolt made?
Old 10th October 2017, 19:12   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Hi Latheesh,

Where are Zest and Bolt made?
Pune plant. We few BHPians visited the plant during Zest launch.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 19:45   #59
BHPian

For me, the biggest LOL factor as per the reports is that Nissan's revenue from 242 copies of Sunny sedan is same from just 1 copy Nissan GT-R
namanchaudhary is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 20:27   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A huge round of applause to the entire auto industry for crossing the 3 lakh mark . Congratulations to all.
Certainly a mind boggling number and congratulations to the industry as a whole.

On the other hand though, I wonder what will happen if it continues to grow more or less like this. Roads are getting crowded like crazy. Cities are getting chocked. Parking is one of the burning issue at public places and even in residential societies. RTOs are breaking records each year of vehicle registrations.

Any thoughts on this aspect by our members?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks