orig pic by: G. “Rinaldino” Teichmann
Attached Thumbnails
Indian car sales in 1 image-marketshare.jpg  

Latheesh is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 16:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Indian car sales in 1 image

Indian car sales in 1 image

Thanks to Latheesh for sharing this image with other enthusiasts.

The Indian car sales can be summed up by this one picture:
Indian car sales in 1 image-marketshare.jpg

The sales figures for the month of September 2017 show that Maruti Suzuki continues to dominate the Indian car market. Such is the volume of the cars sold by the company that, not one, but two of its models (Dzire and Alto) outsell all the models of Mahindra (the third largest manufacturer) put together. Ten out of twenty in the list of top selling cars are from the Maruti stable. The company sold 1,50,521 cars in the month and commanded a market share of 49.36%.

Since the launch of its first car - the Maruti 800 in 1983, Maruti Suzuki has grown rapidly. It has grabbed and maintained the number 1 spot in the country over the years. Today, it has fourteen different models on sale in various segments.

Hyundai took a distant second place in the charts with 50,028 units (16.40%), followed by Mahindra with 23,145 units (7.59%), Honda with 18,257 units (5.99%), Tata Motors with 17,286 units (5.67%), Toyota with 12,335 units (4.04%) and Renault with 10,874 units (3.57%). Other brands including Ford, Volkswagen, Datsun, Jeep, Skoda, Fiat, Nissan and HM-Mitsubishi have a combined market share of 7.38%.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by blackwasp : 10th October 2017 at 16:56.
blackwasp is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 17:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Indian car sales in 1 image

The Lion in the picture was not born a Lion!
It was a simpleton Jackal as well, but it Bench Pressed and Hard worked it's way till it achieved what it is today - A Ruthless Lion.
abhishek46 is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 17:20   #4
Team-BHP Support

Look at the faces of poor VW, Fiat and Mitsubishi, almost feel sorry for them.

But Fiat bringing in Jeep brand into India was a FOXY move.
SmartCat is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 17:26   #5
BHPian

In place of GM It should be Peugeot, staring from distance since very long.

No animal is shown as running away from the action, so GM is not represented.
Vishal.R is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 17:31   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
The Lion in the picture was not born a Lion!
It was a simpleton Jackal as well, but it Bench Pressed and Hard worked it's way till it achieved what it is today - A Ruthless Lion.
Well. Its a funny pic and somewhat explains the current scenario a lot.

Let the comparison end there. It would be too much to say MSIL was also a simpleton jackal in the beginning. Or maybe it was but then it surely was sitting in a royal throne in some palace being fed enough meat by the government. The government also ensured that there were no other jackals or any other carnivore around!
RaghuVis is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 17:32   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Look at the faces of poor VW, Fiat and Mitsubishi, almost feel sorry for them.
Sir, you might want to include your comment about the invisible vultures circling around these carnivores. Vultures like Peugeot, MG Motors and Kia.
sleepyhead148 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 17:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Well. Its a funny pic and somewhat explains the current scenario a lot.

Let the comparison end there. It would be too much to say MSIL was also a simpleton jackal in the beginning. Or maybe it was but then it surely was sitting in a royal throne in some palace being fed enough meat by the government. The government also ensured that there were no other jackals or any other carnivore around!
Agreed, the initial meat with health drinks came from the government's shop.
However, there were many other jackal and other animals then too.
Like for example HM-Mitsubishi, Opel, Ford, Hyundai, Tata etc. The others simply could not keep up with the pace at which MSIL expanded.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 17:53   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

So should we assume the poor animal being ripped apart represents us - the customers?

If we take the rule of nature & consider this image as a true representation, MSIL should really be worried. Remember, the Lion is not scared of any animals - except a pack of hyenas. And once the pack arrives - the Lion(s) more often than not, have to let go of their kill and watch from the distance while the hyenas feast!!
Reinhard is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 18:05   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
So should we assume the poor animal being ripped apart represents us - the customers?
No man, that is just a gory representation of your "DISPOSABLE INCOME", which you use to buy cars.
SmartCat is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 20:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

Oh my god! I never thought a simple image edited by me will gain lot of attention on Team-BHP.

It may look like a simple image, but lot of hard work, sleepless nights, and research has gone in to naming each hyena in the image.
I am happy to see that my hard work is finally paying off!

Hyundai - Is brave one out of the pack and ready go close to the lion. Any wrong move by Lion, will be a great advantage to this hyena. Grand i10, Elite i20, and Creta numbers show us the same.

Toyota - You can see that he is bit aggressive and has firm grip on part of the prey. This shows the innova, Fortuner sales numbers despite much competition.

Honda - Any wrong move he makes will lose his grip on the prey, and others will get benefitted. They have to improve a lot to gain market share.

Mahindra - Any lose of grip on his part of the prey will make situation beneficial for Tata who is waiting just below to grab.

Tata - Slowly and steadily he is eating part of the prey. Shows increasing number of Tiago and the attention their new launches are getting.

VW - He knows that he is part of the group, but wonders why he is not getting any sizable part of prey.

FIAT - Even though he looks like out of the group, his eyes are set on part of the prey. He may jump (introducing Jeep) and join the group.

Mitsubishi - His expression says it all, why am I here?

GM - His expression shows what GM management think after seeing 3 Lakh total monthly passenger car sales in India. Did I make the right move leaving Indian market?

Last edited by Latheesh : 10th October 2017 at 20:49.
Latheesh is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 20:38   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Oh my god! I never thought a simple image edited by me will gain lot of attention on Team-BHP.

GM - His expression shows what GM management think after seeing 3 Lakh total monthly passenger car sales in India. Did I make the right move leaving Indian market?
For me personally - it's the GM that really made this image worth it. Absolutely loved it.

They exited rather prematurely and deserves to see the future from far away.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 21:03   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Definitely. We are ripped apart in many ways. Substandard products compared to the international markets, poor safety standards, Indifferent manufacturers with crazy pricing, Shady dealers waiting to scam you in 100 different ways from sales to service, Insufficient infrastructure to run our cars and the list goes on...

Still we take this all in our stride and rush to buy-300,000 and counting
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 21:45   #14

Hi Latheesh,
A well thought out and self explanatory picture. Excellent creativity to aptly sum up the current automotive scene.
Old 11th October 2017, 01:22   #15
Senior - BHPian

Superb. There is no way you can dethrone Maruti Suzuki. You could call them almost fierce in the way they hold trust among Indians and for good reason. They were the first to introduce us to something called reliable motoring and top notch after sales.

In the global scene, VW are No.1 in terms of raw numbers but I would not associate the above image to them. Quite a different scenario. What you see on the road is quite different. Toyota's are everywhere.

Most Viewed