Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2017, 11:58   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: N Chandrasekaran: Every Tata Car - except Indica - is losing money

Fiat cheated customers financially.

The point being made of Tata is that they had tremendous public goodwill going in their favour twice in their history. In the first case of Indica, the many problems with the car led to rapid disenchantment of owner users and the car ended up being used only by the taxi trade.

In the second instance, the Nano story is more recent and need not be recounted; whatever adverse headwinds Tata now faces in the market, are a reward for their actions, not blind prejudice that is unfair to the company.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 10:41   #62
BHPian

Re: N Chandrasekaran: Every Tata Car - except Indica - is losing money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
... the Nano, a car that had 34 patents registered during the development phase ...
Hello, could anybody help me by pointing me to the 34 patents TATA filed for the Nano ?

Other than the reference to the filing of 34 patents ( in some articles the number is 37 ) I cannot find any information as to what the innovations were themselves.

I did try searching the Ip-India web-site but drew a blank, a general Google search also resulted in failure.

Any help in this regard is appreciated
Old 27th November 2017, 15:39   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive
Perhaps someone can come up with some statistics that show the progress made by Mahindra & Mahindra compared to what Tata has been twiddling around. Tata had come up with the Sumo and could have had a headstart in the SUV race. They kept sticking to the Sumo and revamping the Safari. Perhaps they tried with the Aria, but meanwhile M&M started running away with the Scorpio and then the XUV. At least, the brand value is now quite different than what it used to be years ago.

So, by bringing that series forward we should expect something huge from Tata in 2018?
Edit: Huge in terms of enthusiasm; not necessarily size of the vehicle
One anecdote that sums up the comparison. Tata spent 1700 crores developing the Indica with 'Italian' design and what not. Mahindra spent 500 crores developing the Scorpio with an Indian team. Scorpio launched at about 6.42 lakhs, 1 lakh cheaper than the Safari. It killed the Safari. And now it is an established brand in itself, with the latest Scorpio launching at a million rupees!

It has become an engine of profitability along with the bolero.

OTOH Sumo, Safari, Indica and Manza etc. are all dead.
drsingh is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks