Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2019, 14:03   #46
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo, relaunched as Edition X (trademark issues). EDIT: Monte Carlo again!

If I remember correctly the Monte Carlo name had to be removed due to trademark infringement issues. Monte Carlo is a popular clothes brand backed by a massive corporate which had forced Skoda to re-think the name.

So I am not exactly sure how has Skoda managed to avoid facing the same issue this time.

Or has there been a deal that we are not privy to?
Old 14th February 2019, 19:01   #47
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo, relaunched as Edition X (trademark issues). EDIT: Monte Carlo again!

Skoda and VW have almost 1.5 to 2 years before they are going to launch new products. Why can't they give something more substantial to customers with their current products till then? Both keep coming up with new editions without much value addition to the customer.

Skoda has both 1.4 and 1.8 tsi at their disposal. Why can't they have a hot Rapid with the 1.4 mated to a DSG/manual? When they don't have much to play with, might as well disrupt the segment.
octane_100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 08:22   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Skoda and VW have almost 1.5 to 2 years before they are going to launch new products. Why can't they give something more substantial to customers with their current products till then? Both keep coming up with new editions without much value addition to the customer.
They could also offer more substantial features such as sunroof in a premium edition. Monte Carlo has very many after-marketish effects. Look at the seat covers. It is not even the factory-fitted one. In Europe, they have a more real Monte Carlo. Its bucket seat alone marks the difference with India's. Here, Monte Carlo is priced higher than the top variant but with two airbags less

By the way, Skoda is offering six years warranty on the Rapid now here. I have received an SMS.
Old 18th February 2019, 20:51   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
If I remember correctly the Monte Carlo name had to be removed due to trademark infringement issues. Monte Carlo is a popular clothes brand backed by a massive corporate which had forced Skoda to re-think the name.

So I am not exactly sure how has Skoda managed to avoid facing the same issue this time.

Or has there been a deal that we are not privy to?

Monte Carlo settles trademark row with Skoda Auto.

Quote:
Under the agreement, Skoda India has obtained a licence from Monte Carlo Fashions Ltd to use its trademarks 'Monte Carlo', in the whole of India in respect of its products comprising only of cars, cars accessories and spare parts as well as on packaging, promotional and advertising material associated therewith
Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed