Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2018, 21:23   #241
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs

Thanks for the clicks. Its amazing how only a 10cms increase in length appears so big on road. The passanger door and window is HUGE!
Old 25th June 2018, 22:15   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Thanks for the clicks. Its amazing how only a 10cms increase in length appears so big on road. The passanger door and window is HUGE!
Yes there is 10 cm increase in length and 3-4 cm in width. Good part being the boot is expected to be bigger, Leg room seem to be much better for 3rd row without compromising second row leg room.

3rd row seats now can be folded flat without having to move 2nd row much. In contrast, if i were to fold down the 3rd row seats in my Ertiga, it will reduce the 2nd row leg room.
Old 26th June 2018, 11:28   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post

3rd row seats now can be folded flat without having to move 2nd row much. In contrast, if i were to fold down the 3rd row seats in my Ertiga, it will reduce the 2nd row leg room.
I don't find much loss of space in the 2nd row while trying to fold the 3rd row flat. If you remove the head rest of the 3rd row, flat folding is quite effortless and also doesn't compromise on the leg room for the 2nd row.

In the new Ertiga, no doubt the 2nd and 3rd row space is much better than the current Ertiga but, somehow to the naked eye, I did not find much difference in the boot space.
Old 29th June 2018, 14:40   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Test Drive pf ALL New Ertiga begins in Indonesia, starts with an FE competition ( tank to tank method).

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-ligairitsuzuki2.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-ligairitsuzuki.jpg

Gets an average fuel consumption figure of 20 km / liter.

Most efficient recorded 27.72 km / liter for manual transmission and 25.98 km / liter for automatic transmission.

Quote:
Lighter weights up to 15 percent combined K15B engine that has got an update gear ratio settings , it makes Ertiga more efficient about 3.3 percent
Quote:
New Ertiga held on the second day, Tuesday (26/06/2018). 10 units of cars are involved by taking the route is 120 km. Before leaving, the fuel tank in full fill then sealed the committee.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th June 2018 at 14:41.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 20:24   #245
Senior - BHPian

Wow, very very impressive. The Ertiga is going to go from being a staid, tour-operator van to a desirable, stylish MPV for big middle-class families. Exactly the route which the Innova took. This thing has the potential to be a smash hit. A small prayer for the competition, especially the WR-V. Hyundai needs to move faster and get its MPV out pronto.

Is this going to be sold through Nexa?
Old 29th June 2018, 21:16   #246
Senior - BHPian

Was seeing a review video(in Indonesian) and only thing I understood is he claimed FE as 12.5/18.xx kmpl for city/highways

That's some decent numbers for the new petrol engine and the new CIAZ might return even better.

So more power, space and economy too. I only wish for a better automatic
Old 30th June 2018, 10:01   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Was seeing a review video(in Indonesian) and only thing I understood is he claimed FE as 12.5/18.xx kmpl for city/highways

That's some decent numbers for the new petrol engine and the new CIAZ might return even better.

We can't read too much into the mileage figures of the Indonesian spec model. 18.5 kmpl is a benchmark for LMPV category in the Indonesian market. When they bring the vehicle here, they could redo the maps to extract 20+ kmpl.
Old 30th June 2018, 18:22   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

While the next generation Ertiga launch is due, Maruti Suzuki is likely to retain the existing Ertiga MPV As ‘Ertiga Tour’

The Ertiga Tour will likely get ABS and dual Airbags as standard features.

Quote:
Ertiga Tour version will likely be based on the entry-level variant to appeal for cab aggregators wanting high fuel efficiency in budget pricing

link
Old 30th June 2018, 18:42   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
While the next generation Ertiga launch is due, Maruti Suzuki is likely to retain the existing Ertiga MPV As 'Ertiga Tour'

The Ertiga Tour will likely get ABS and dual Airbags as standard features.

link
I knew this was coming.

So the new Ertiga will be offered at a premium, although the fleet operators might prefer new Ertiga since it will still be way cheaper than the mighty Innova yet offering spacious seating as compared to the previous one.
Dzire tour on the other hand became a hit because of that large boot which could compete with etios for airport runs
Old 30th June 2018, 18:48   #250
BHPian

Quote:

All of these are really good, but I wish for more safety features like curtain airbags. Very unlikely Maruti would offer them in any variant. Today if I want a Petrol MPV 7 seater with full safety features the only option is Crysta Z which is very expensive to buy and run.

Last edited by mohan41 : 30th June 2018 at 18:50.
Old 30th June 2018, 19:43   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I knew this was coming.

So the new Ertiga will be offered at a premium, although the fleet operators might prefer new Ertiga since it will still be way cheaper than the mighty Innova yet offering spacious seating as compared to the previous one.
Dzire tour on the other hand became a hit because of that large boot which could compete with etios for airport runs

But I do not know if this makes any sense at all. When they retained the original Dzire as the Tour version for cabbies, it made sense since it had a far bigger boot than the 2nd gen Dzire. But Maruti did the same with the 2nd gen Dzire as well.
With the Ertiga, I do not see any reason for it to have a tour version.

The only car that actually would have made sense in this direction would have been the Innova. Toyota could have easily kept rolling out the earlier Innova for cabbies and the crysta for personal use, but they did not, probably due to production line complexities.
Old 30th June 2018, 20:21   #252
Senior - BHPian

I hope the Ertiga tour version is based on VXI, because LXI loses on rear AC which is quite essential for a 7 seater. I ofter see police versions of Ertiga LXI and think how the rear seat passengers would be missing out on the roof mounted AC.
Old 2nd July 2018, 11:52   #253
Senior - BHPian

The Manual and Automatic versions of 2018 Suzuki Ertiga was tested in a Racing Circuit in Indonesia. The Manual versions lap time was recorded at 2:17:96 while the Automatic version was timed at 2:24:71.

Source:- https://www.rushlane.com/2018-maruti...-12272317.html

Video:-
Old 2nd July 2018, 20:19   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga To Be Retailed Via Nexa Showrooms ?

Quote:
That will make it the fifth product to be retailed from Maruti’s premium dealership network

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 21:37   #255
Senior - BHPian

If current gen ertiga is to be continued as Ertiga Tour, switching this model to Nexa will be good.

I thought there were rumours about two cars based on this platform, one ertiga and other an SUV, and the SUV would go to Nexa.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed