Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2018, 13:42   #346
BHPian

Got the same information from my contact at the maruti dealership. The SA just returned from training and vehicles are in transit. The Ertiga Petrol comes in 1.5 Ltr with Manual and 4 speed torque converter ( ESP and Hill hold assist). Indian Version will get touch screen and Auto Climate control and Hand rest as seen in the above pics. Apparently the demand for automatics have increased and there is quite a good response for the same. Smart hybrid system in the petrol version as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
This wooden panel looks more like the faded matte wood from new Ciaz, rather than the glossy one from Dzire or Indonesia Ertiga. Is this correct or is it just the photos? I hope the wooden panel is glossy one!
If you look closely, its the dark colored fake wood panel same as seen on the indonesian version . Additions being the Touchscreen , ACC and handrest from the previous gen Ertiga

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th November 2018 at 15:47. Reason: back to back posts merged.
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2018, 13:50   #347
BHPian

re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs

Spotted a blue one while crossing

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-1.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-2.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-3.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-4.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 14th November 2018 at 20:52. Reason: Adding watermarks
drsnt is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 14th November 2018, 14:04   #348
BHPian

Took out my Ertiga from garage to do a side comparison. Sorry for my car being dirty as it was parked for a week

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-5.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-6.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 14th November 2018 at 20:55. Reason: Adding watermarks
drsnt is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 14th November 2018, 14:11   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
Took out my Ertiga from garage to do a side comparison. Sorry for my car being dirty as it was parked for a week
Great Catch. Were you able to see the interiors ? How is the boot size as compared to the previous version. For me, that was the only issue with the old ertiga. Couldnt put in much luggage.
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2018, 14:35   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is awesome. Nice perspective. Not sure about the width but i can make out the increase in the length. Though the new bonnet itself seem to be longer.

Any comment on the boot space ? looks bigger when seen on video but the reviews mention boot is smaller than current ertiga. beats me !!
Old 14th November 2018, 14:53   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Great Catch. Were you able to see the interiors ? How is the boot size as compared to the previous version. For me, that was the only issue with the old ertiga. Couldnt put in much luggage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
This is awesome. Nice perspective. Not sure about the width but i can make out the increase in the length. Though the new bonnet itself seem to be longer.

Any comment on the boot space ? looks bigger when seen on video but the reviews mention boot is smaller than current ertiga. beats me !!
New one is not much longer than old one. IMO interior space is almost the same.
The boot space does not seem to be bigger except few changes to base which I am not sure.
The only difference which I could make out was that boot space seemed bigger due to more upright 3rd row.
I will try to check once more in evening if cars are still there.
I have strong feeling that this might be a reskinned older ertiga than being a completely new model although all information available is contrary to my belief.
Third row has power socket now.
Bottle holders are cooled
drsnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2018, 15:01   #352
BHPian

Quote:
I have strong feeling that this might be a reskinned older ertiga than being a completely new model although all information available is contrary to my belief.
Third row has power socket now.
Bottle holders are cooled
I am especially interested in the automatic and its efficiency compared to a manual. With regard to looks and packing, there's very less that can be done to an MUV which needs to seat 7 plus luggage. I guess playing it too radical might lose customers, so Maruti has gone the traditional way. Overall, I think this is a nice looking people mover, easy to drive and reasonable efficiency. Hoping Zxi Automatic does not cross 10L OTR.

Last edited by GTO : 15th November 2018 at 08:02. Reason: Fixing quote + poorly typed post
keshav1426 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th November 2018, 15:03   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think so. The car is expected to be based on a newer platform like DZire,swift and Baleno as compared to previous gen which was based on Ritz. Which is why you will hear claims such as wider, longer and more fuel efficient(lighter)

Maruti also has to play pricing game. that pretty much defines the feature set that we will see in this car. Which is why the old school 4AT and no radical differences. Also why change something that is selling so well !!

Many states have additional tax slabs above 10L so like Ciaz, they might want to keep the top trims just around that mark.

Personally i love the compact dimensions of this car. If only it came with all the bells and whistles. Touch screen, Climate control, Cruise control, 6 airbags and a sun roof thrown in. Not likely though !!
Old 14th November 2018, 17:12   #354
BHPian

My biggest grouse with my Ertiga had been steering placement. I have a laid back driving style and steering in Ertiga is placed too far for my comfort. I have to stretch my hands to reach them. I have tried all positions but still my shoulders start paining after half hour if driving.
My second grouse is brakes & tyres. They lock very soon. Hence I never take my car beyond 90kmph.

I hope they are providing reach adjustment also on steering.
Old 14th November 2018, 17:47   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
If you look closely, its the dark colored fake wood panel same as seen on the indonesian version . Additions being the Touchscreen , ACC and handrest from the previous gen Ertiga
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-d2.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-161817.jpg

See the difference in gloss on the wooden panel. The Indian version looks dangerously close to the new Ciaz matte wooden panel. Hope we get the glossy one!

Last edited by Aditya : 14th November 2018 at 21:07. Reason: Inserting images
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2018, 18:02   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
See the difference in gloss on the wooden panel. The Indian version looks dangerously close to the new Ciaz matte wooden panel. Hope we get the glossy one!
Your right, my bad, this seems to be different from both the indonesian spec and ciaz. Something inbetween . Personally i dont mind it. ACC and armrest are a definite welcome

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th November 2018 at 18:42. Reason: quote tag fixed
Old 14th November 2018, 19:23   #357
BHPian

Interiors of the 2018 Ertiga

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-imageresizer-2.jpeg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-imageresizer-1.jpeg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-imageresizer.jpeg

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...evealed-410445
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2018, 19:46   #358
BHPian

Is there an AC vent below the Armrest? Or is it just 12v charger. We can see AC vents on the roof, which I guess is for the middle row as well as third row. Or are there any dedicated vents for the third row?
Old 14th November 2018, 20:35   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Is there an AC vent below the Armrest? Or is it just 12v charger. We can see AC vents on the roof, which I guess is for the middle row as well as third row. Or are there any dedicated vents for the third row?

No dedicated rear AC vent on any armrest. The roof mounted AC is for both rows.
Old 14th November 2018, 20:38   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
The vents on the roof usually cater more for the 3rd row than 2nd because for the 2nd row there is space between and besides the 1st row seats for circulation from the main vents.

I have rarely used the rear AC except extremely hot conditions and at nights even if the weather is warm the vents chill beyond needs due to which it needs to be turned off. There is no way you can control the temperature of this one. However speculation is that the next generation Ertiga will have ACC and if so, it should somehow be integrated with the main unit and respond to user inputs accordingly.

And no,there are no dedicated vents for the 3rd row. Also, this is a Fan Unit with a proper cooling coil like the current Ertiga with drain pipes running on both sides of the B Pillar.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed