Team-BHP - The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/191355-2018-next-gen-maruti-ertiga-now-launched-rs-7-44-lakhs-51.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberwhizs (Post 4527923)
Well, that i am aware of that i.e. mass market cars are not made to order. I believe Maruti tracks the individual orders; which was the reason for my query. When one books one receives the docket number. It is the docket number which may be trackable by Maruti's dealers.

I just wanted to cross check the typical payment schedule used by maruti dealerships, ergo my previous post.
Thanks

My Bad. Let me try again. I booked the car paying a booking amount of 11k INR. Once the car is dispatched from the factory, then dealership will usually ask us to make the payment. We can insist on the car getting to the dealer and upon inspection the payment can be made. In my case, i have a friend at the dealership who i know very well. So i will probably ask him to inspect if i am not around.
I am not taking a loan so i am not sure what the processing time for that is .But i think it will be helpful to finish the paper work with the bank and hold the payment until your car has reached the dealership

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberwhizs (Post 4527923)
I just wanted to cross check the typical payment schedule used by maruti dealerships, ergo my previous post.
Thanks

Payment is usually done after you have completed the PDI and satisfied. Which is why dealers insist on token booking amount till the car reaches their dealership

Any news if there will be an official review for the new ertiga?

Have booked one but waiting for the team bhp official review to finalise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaseer (Post 4528269)
Any news if there will be an official review for the new ertiga?

Have booked one but waiting for the team bhp official review to finalise.

You can refer to Anurags review of his New Ertiga Automatic. Body Shell and most features remain the same. I dont think you should wait any longer as the waiting periods are building up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 4528218)
Payment is usually done after you have completed the PDI and satisfied. Which is why dealers insist on token booking amount till the car reaches their dealership

Precisely, the sales guy has been pushing me for the last couple of days stating the payment is required immediately since the car is currently in transit. And, that the "system" may cancel the allotment if the payment is not made.

Thanks for reconfirming that the process is same in Maruti. Frankly it does not matter for me, couple of days earlier is not a big difference, but yes i would like to inspect the car in the stockyard before I make the full payment and it goes for registration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberwhizs (Post 4528506)
Precisely, the sales guy has been pushing me for the last couple of days stating the payment is required immediately since the car is currently in transit. And, that the "system" may cancel the allotment if the payment is not made. Frankly it does not matter for me, couple of days earlier is not a big difference, but yes i would like to inspect the car in the stockyard before I make the full payment and it goes for registration.

This sounds more like a gimmick. If the sales guy is sure that the vehicle is in transit. Ask him to give you the details of the vehicle like the VIN no. If it's true, then congrats on getting your vehicle in the next 10 days :)

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Ertiga to get new 1.5 diesel engine in February

Quote:

After much speculation over the timing of its launch – and even over its development – Maruti Suzuki is confirmed to roll-out its new and in-house-developed 1.5-litre diesel engine in our market next month. The engine will first be deployed on the Ciaz sedan; and then be offered on the all-new Ertiga shortly after.

Reports suggest that the four-cylinder unit will produce about 95 hp and 225 Nm of torque. As with most Maruti cars, fuel efficiency is a high priority and the Ciaz with the 1.5-diesel is likely to offer upwards of a claimed 26kpl.

Although the new 1.5-litre diesel motor has been developed to conform to future emission regulations, Maruti is expected to initially launch a BS-IV-compliant version. The BS-VI engine will come into play ahead of the 2020 deadline.
Source

Quote:

Originally Posted by JS Kwt (Post 4528735)
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Ertiga to get new 1.5 diesel engine in February

Good news indeed for people who prefer diesel but keep in mind the present ertiga zdi+ hits 12.5L on road. Expect the 1.5 Ltr diesel to be more expensive

Six seater more upmarket Ertiga variant to be sold via Nexa.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ng-soon-411206

It's a simple job, but the speed at which they are launching this variant, negating an advantage the Marazzo had.

No wonder it will sell well, hoping that they spruce up the interiors to be more plush.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 4531113)
Six seater more upmarket Ertiga variant to be sold via Nexa.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ng-soon-411206

It's a simple job, but the speed at which they are launching this variant, negating an advantage the Marazzo had.

No wonder it will sell well, hoping that they spruce up the interiors to be more plush.

Hope they fix the poor sound insulation in the Ertiga as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 4531113)
Six seater more upmarket Ertiga variant to be sold via Nexa.It's a simple job, but the speed at which they are launching this variant, negating an advantage the Marazzo had.No wonder it will sell well, hoping that they spruce up the interiors to be more plush.

I assume this version will receive the led bar on the tail light just like the Indonesian version with DRL , Projectors and more

So does this six seater version also has Suzuki TECT body as it is slated to sell through Nexa? As someone had mentioned in another thread that all nexa cars has Suzuki TECT body in addition to HEARTECT platform to have a stable structure. As understood all the cars on HEARTECT platform which does not have Suzuki TECT body is bound to fail in the structure stability test. The new Swift and new Ertiga are examples of such cars, still they sell in great numbers for the reasons that everyone know. Link given below which mentions the Suzuki TECT body stuffs.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ml#post4523225

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKnight (Post 4531223)
Hope they fix the poor sound insulation in the Ertiga as well.

Well said. This is problem that every Maruti car has (not sure about S-Cross though). I have not driven the new Ertiga but have seen a lot of youtube reviews. Almost all reviews mention about the poor sound insulation. Road and tyre noises take away the fun on a million rupee car.

Got an email today from the dealer saying that my car is delayed due to overwelming demand and they would let me know when the batch of cars are dispatched from the factory. So i guess delivery during the last week of Jan isnt happening.

Reluctantly & with a heavy heart Cancelled the booking for the Freestyle Titanium Plus diesel and booked an Ertiga ZXI+ Arctic White, delivery scheduled on end of March or first week of April.:Frustrati

Family pressure as they think that the Freestyle is only a 4 seater whereas Ertiga can atleast seat 5 people comfortably and we already have a Hyundai i10.

Didn't even test drive yet as I am currently abroad and will be coming only on March . Have told my brother in law to check out and go for a drive . The dealer does not have a test drive car available yet.

Hope this new engine has sufficient power for my long drives and is not just restricted for urban fun drives. Have read Anurag's ownership review for his Automatic and just hoping we have an official team-bhp review as need to know more about the new engine.