Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2018, 11:22   #391
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
With that leg crushing leg room of the third row, no way any adult can sit there even in a reasonable comfort. That row is meant for kids.
That's the position when you slide the 2nd row seats all the way back and not to be confused with the available leg room for the 3rd row.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 11:46   #392
BHPian

Ertiga looks promising from the below angles.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-1.jpg  

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-2.jpg  

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-3.jpg  

MercFan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 12:10   #393
BHPian

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20181116-11.18.51-am.jpeg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20181116-11.18.51-am1.jpeg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20181116-11.18.51-am2.jpeg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20181116-11.18.53-am.jpeg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20181116-11.18.53-am1.jpeg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20181116-11.18.54-am.jpeg

Shared by a source. As an ZDI 2014 owner, I really like what I see. I was so looking forward to the launch. My biggest concern is the new platform after reading about the disastrous Swift crash test ratings. Also, slightly disappointed that there is no Zxi+ AT. Wondering if the Zxi AT will have the android play and projector lamps.
sajanjohn is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 12:16   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
With that leg crushing leg room of the third row, no way any adult can sit there even in a reasonable comfort. That row is meant for kids.
If I remember correctly, the 2nd row seats have a sliding function in the Ertiga. This will be in the maximum leg room for 2nd row position I think. My intention was just to show the charging port, and not comment about the available leg room there. We all have seen that the 3rd row of Ertiga can seat medium sized adults for some distance when needed, and this update will definitely be better than the previous gen model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
That's the position when you slide the 2nd row seats all the way back and not to be confused with the available leg room for the 3rd row.
Even I think so...
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 12:35   #395
BHPian

The boot is definitely larger than the previous gen. Thumbs up for that. This along with the reclining third row will ensure flexibility for luggage . Charging ports for all three rows are a definite welcome.
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 13:39   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
The USP of the Ertiga is it's utility. Most common usage of a van is outstation trips. .
Eagerly awaited for this launch with booking amount and I am disappointed with these beige interiors. It will be a nightmare to maintain these in our tropical climate.

For me no cruise control on Ertiga is a bigger disappointment specifically because MPV is targeted at typical family buyers. I am sure most of the buyers will definitely look for comfort offered by cruise control during family trips.Besides, the cruise control is nothing new for Maruti in 10L+ car. The Brezza , Ciaz and S-cross have Cruise Control. They could have easily offered cruise control in Ertiga than the pseudo Hybrid SHVS for claiming better mileage by switching off engine in hot climate.

Yesterday I drove my car on 60KMs of good road and really felt need for cruise control so that right leg can get some rest. So this Ertiga is not for me.

Last edited by recshenoy : 16th November 2018 at 13:40.
Old 16th November 2018, 14:59   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
showing the leg room in the 3rd row of the new Ertiga
This Pic shows a better View of the Leg room available in the Third Row

Also the Third Row Recliner Seats visible here are a Big Boon in those Long Journeys and the Recline Position will create more space and comfort for Adults especially.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-screenshot_20181116151803_chrome.jpg  

JS Kwt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 15:50   #398
BHPian

Wish the pull-ups in the luggage area be same as this

This creates a really practical boot space where a duffle bag can be placed underneath and two reasonably sized trolleys in the main area with all 7 seats up. Not many wishes to go for the overhead carrier owing to change in the car's look and in their case luggage for two families for 3-4 day holiday becomes real tough to accommodate which the current generation Ertiga has.
Earnestly wish the Indian version gets this flexi-combi luggage space which can be a real usp for an already successful product.
Old 16th November 2018, 15:51   #399
BHPian

Those who are looking for Zxi AT you will mainly miss three features compared to the top spec (Zxi+). Touch Screen with navigation (apple), inbuilt-navigation and reverse camera. Zxi AT will come with hand rest, wooden door trims and few other bells and whistles from Zxi Plus model. AT models are yet to dispatch from the factory. Expected to arrive in December.
sajanjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 17:15   #400
Senior - BHPian

IndianAutosBlog reports that unlike the introduction of Maruti Suzuki Dzire Tour for fleet and commercial buyers, the Ertiga will not have a 1st Gen Tour variant as was speculated earlier, here.

Also, was looking at a promo pic showing the reclining seats in the 3rd row, and seems like the 2 split seats can also be moved front and back to liberate more boot or leg space.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-img20181116wa0000.jpg  

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 16th November 2018 at 17:31.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 17:39   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
Any news so far of a captain seat version of the ertiga 2018. I was hoping there would be one.
I am sure it's not coming with captain seats. I do not think it will come ever in this edition as the car is not so wide if you see. With the rear arm rest and reclining seats you have to make yourself comfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Eagerly awaited for this launch with booking amount and I am disappointed with these beige interiors. It will be a nightmare to maintain these in our tropical climate.

For me no cruise control on Ertiga is a bigger disappointment specifically because MPV is targeted at typical family buyers. I am sure most of the buyers will definitely look for comfort offered by cruise control during family trips.Besides, the cruise control is nothing new for Maruti in 10L+ car. The Brezza , Ciaz and S-cross have Cruise Control. They could have easily offered cruise control in Ertiga than the pseudo Hybrid SHVS for claiming better mileage by switching off engine in hot climate.
I completely agree with you. I am also of the same opinion. These 2 are a big let down for me.

At least you have options to cover up the beige seats, carpet flooring with seat covers & vinyl flooring. However there is no option (at least which I am aware of) to fit Cruise Control. For a sedate driver, driving 80-90KMs on our 4 lane highway with sparse traffic, Cruise Control is a boon!

Looks like there is no LED Headlight or fog lamp which comes with Ciaz. Also the top end seat is same as lower end. In case of Ciaz, leatherette seats are nice. So there are many features which are missed to keep the price it aggressively, you see there is a new threat from Marazzo. Not because of anything else.

Quote:
Also, was looking at a promo pic showing the reclining seats in the 3rd row, and seems like the 2 split seats can also be moved front and back to liberate more boot or leg space.
Good observation. I have also noticed it. I do not think they have an option to slide. I think the bottom portion of the seat just moves a little bit forward when you recline it. You could have experienced it in the earlier day Push Back seat buses.

Last edited by blorebuddy : 16th November 2018 at 17:43. Reason: added one more comment
Old 16th November 2018, 18:59   #402
BHPian

Quote:
the reclining seats in the 3rd row, seems like the 2 split seats can also be moved front and back to liberate more boot or leg space.
Another pic showing the extent to which the Rear seats can be Moved.

Quite a Useful adaptation that hardly costs much, But creates a Lot of Space and comfort, which is very handy and needed in those tight situations.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-screenshot_20181116191006_chrome.jpg  

JS Kwt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 19:39   #403
BHPian

Quite like it as a overall product. Looks to be a very useful utility vehicle with similar features. Add a roof carrier and a VFM price.

Just a tiny hope that Maruti has built it well.... and would give the 1.5 diesel before 2020.
Old 16th November 2018, 21:45   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi22 View Post
Quite like it as a overall product. Looks to be a very useful utility vehicle with similar features. Add a roof carrier and a VFM price.

Just a tiny hope that Maruti has built it well.... and would give the 1.5 diesel before 2020.
Just wondering out loud, would the BRV have been successful if it was launched as an MPV instead of an SUV, and at a lower price point? I don't see many disadvantages in the BRV as a product when compared to the new Ertiga, as opposed to something like the Creta which it was meant to take on.
nikipedia87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 13:07   #405
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
Just wondering out loud, would the BRV have been successful if it was launched as an MPV instead of an SUV, and at a lower price point? I don't see many disadvantages in the BRV as a product when compared to the new Ertiga, as opposed to something like the Creta which it was meant to take on.
Good point. I wasn’t thinking about it until you mentioned the aspect about positioning. The BR-V is certainly the most capable as a people carrier.

Like you said, the key aspect is the pricing. It needed to be at 10 lacs, and not at 14.5 for the CVT. If Honda had done that and also made some key changes in features, the BR-V would have found a lot more takers.

Last edited by mohansrides : 17th November 2018 at 13:08.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks