Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2018, 11:00   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
2018 Maruti Ertiga crash tested – Meets Bharat NCAP safety norms

Maruti Suzuki India has revealed that their new Ertiga MPV has been crash tested and meets all the required Bharat NCAP safety norms. 2018 Maruti Ertiga comes with a host of safety features.
I'll take it with a pinch of salt. I would like an independent body like Global NCAP to conduct a test and then release the data.

Quote:
Some Other information related to Ertiga Crash Test

Maruti Suzuki has a full-fledged crash test facility at its state-of-the-art R&D and validation facility in Rohtak, Haryana. In the past, the carmaker had revealed that it conducts 35-40 crash tests for every new model in development.
Yes, Maruti indeed has a great crash testing facility at it's R&D center at Rohtak and they do conduct crash tests on their cars there. Someone known to me has seen it. But we don't know anything more as MSIL isn't sharing any data publicly as they say it's for their internal testing. So anything that's passing the Bharat NCAP as per them needs to be tested by an independent body. Brezza scored 4 stars and I feel so would S-Cross as both are on same platform. But we can't say much about new Ertiga till Global NCAP does a test and release it's result. Global NCAP is known to pick up vehicles without informing the manufacturers.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd November 2018 at 11:54. Reason: Typo dies to does a test. Thanks
BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 11:23   #497
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi22 View Post
So the older platform Ciaz, brezza and Ertiga get 4*. And Maruti says new Ertiga on newer platform is better and meets Bharath ncap safety standards. So should we be expecting a 5*(not the chocolate��) or 2* like the swift ? Bit confusing.
You are missing the point here. You should read it as THAI MADE Ertiga and THAI MADE Ciaz. I hope now your confusion is gone and your mind is clear. If not, read it as THAI MADE, don't miss the underline
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 12:13   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
You are missing the point here. You should read it as THAI MADE Ertiga and THAI MADE Ciaz. I hope now your confusion is gone and your mind is clear. If not, read it as THAI MADE, don't miss the underline
You are missing the word 'brezza' I mentioned. I was mentioning irrespective of making country wrt crash ratings only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Maruti says that Swift and other 8 models (including new Eriga) meets Bharat NCAP safety standards. Bharat NCAP does not seem to give ranking in terms of number of stars, I am not sure about it.

Note that Swift got 2 starts in Global NCAP whereas Old Ertiga got 4 stars in Asean NCAP, it is not known if the same was tested in Global NCAP.

What is the difference between Bharat NCAP and Global NCAP?
I will let the experts state the differences. But, hope the Bharath ncap is not diluted making others too bring down cost and build quality.

I personally pick based on build/drive feel and knowledgeable inputs from here. Stars look good in the sky, don't they

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd November 2018 at 14:48.
Old 23rd November 2018, 12:29   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I concur with your views. Let's know what did you decide and why. It would be helpful
My views are as follows (My 2 cents)

1. Cost - Zxi AT is more expensive than zxi+ MT (11.5L to 11L on road Chennai)
2. Mileage - Zxi AT mileage is less than Zxi+ MT (1-2 kms in real world figures / Outdated 4 Speed Torque converter)
3. Convenience - Zxi AT wins hands down
4. Features - Zxi+ MT wins hands down. Touch Screen with Android Auto and Navigation, Leather steering with wood insert and reverse camera are all missing on the Zxi AT
5. Most likely I intend to stick with the MT top end unless the AT is very impressive

Slightly off topic , Lower variants and diesel have a different Multi information display than the top end petrol. Also, the temperature gauge is missing on the diesel version . I plan to test drive both the versions next week and then take a call.

Last edited by keshav1426 : 23rd November 2018 at 12:34.
Old 23rd November 2018, 12:50   #500
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi22 View Post
You are missing the word 'brezza' I mentioned. I was mentioning irrespective of making country wrt crash ratings only.
The article is from 2016 and since those cars are not 'made for India' they are supposed to fare well in crash tests. Brezza utilizes the s-Cross platform and I assume Maruti has not made much changes to the platform as such, hence the better results. But for (Indian) heartect platform, it is BAU or they applied 'cutting edge technology' (pun intended).
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 13:18   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
The article is from 2016 and since those cars are not 'made for India' they are supposed to fare well in crash tests. Brezza utilizes the s-Cross platform and I assume Maruti has not made much changes to the platform as such, hence the better results. But for (Indian) heartect platform, it is BAU or they applied 'cutting edge technology' (pun intended).
They need better build quality here in India irrespective of the platforms they build on. People don't want Heart-tect(ache) seeing a tap water pipe sitting behind their bumpers.

Last edited by Adi22 : 23rd November 2018 at 13:18. Reason: Typo
Old 23rd November 2018, 13:19   #502
BHPian

Here is a basic look around of the lower variants for those who might be interested . Note the change in the MID . The review is lousy but the vehicle is fine

keshav1426 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 13:47   #503
BHPian

Quote:
2018 Maruti Ertiga crash tested – Meets Bharat NCAP safety norms

" Maruti Suzuki India has revealed that their new Ertiga MPV has been crash tested and meets all the required Bharat NCAP safety norms. 2018 Maruti Ertiga comes with a host of safety features...

I agree with the others. This means nothing based on past history with the Swift. That too met Bharat NCAP norms and failed miserably in the Global NCAP tests. What is worrying is that this could mean Bharat NCAP is not as rigorous as Global NCAP. The former seem to have a "pass" or "fail" result rather than an actual score as provided by the latter.Their test methodology I expect many manufacturers to start bandying the "meets expectations" tag on their substandard products to fool gullible customers (Not saying the Ertiga is bad. Will reserve judgement for if and when the Global NCAP score comes through).
Iyencar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 15:10   #504
BHPian

Can someone elaborate on the Wisdom and Logic behind this cubby hole design ?
What usage does it serve ?
Would it have been More Useful if the place was Carved out to create more Foot place for the middle passenger?
(* Certainly would add to the Utility Quotient of the People Mover by creating more space in the Middle Row)

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-screenshot_20181123152401_gallery.jpg
Old 23rd November 2018, 15:25   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone elaborate on the Wisdom and Logic behind this cubby hole design ?
What usage does it serve ?
Would it have been More Useful if the place was Carved out to create more Foot place for the middle passenger?
My best guess. 2 slots to slide in your phone while being charged . Looks like the middle row has enough space so they went this way. Usually cars have vents there but since the rear blower is overhead in the ertiga, they have just left it as such. A pull out bottle holder would have been nice.

Last edited by GTO : 24th November 2018 at 07:36. Reason: Fixing quote
keshav1426 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 15:25   #506
BHPian

That looks like a mobile place holder for charging to me
sajanjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 16:01   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post

My best guess. 2 slots to slide in your phone while being charged . Looks like the middle row has enough space so they went this way. Usually cars have vents there but since the rear blower is overhead in the ertiga, they have just left it as such. A pull out bottle holder would have been nice.
Yes, looks that way.
But why is it open from the bottom ?

And just have a look at the Design change in the Lower Variants

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-screenshot_20181123161235_gallery.jpg

Although MS has given a Charging Port here ... they are denied a space to place their Mobiles !
Can we guess that MS provided this Mobile place only for the privileged owners of Top Variants ??
Has MS deliberately designed this so that Lower Variants owners HOLD their mobiles (pun intended) in their hands while Charging ??!!!

Last edited by JS Kwt : 23rd November 2018 at 16:15.
Old 23rd November 2018, 16:06   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Although MS has given a Charging Port here ... they are denied a space to place their Mobiles !
Can we guess that MS provided this Mobile place only for the privileged owners of Top Variants ??
Has MS deliberately designed this so that Lower Variants owners HOLD their mobiles (pun intended) in their hands while Charging ??!!!
Yes, that looks like how it is for all the variants on the Indonesian version. Theres no ACC, Armrest which is specific to top end models in India

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd November 2018 at 16:23. Reason: broken quote tag edited
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 16:11   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Has MS deliberately designed this so that Lower Variants owners HOLD their mobiles in their hands while Charging ??!!!
Lower variants don't get the Armrest. So I guess only those variants that come with OE Armrest get this place holder for mobile for the 2nd row.

I guess this is something I would not really bother about since the center gear lever console varies with and without armrest.

Also, you don't need to hold the phone in your hands. You can put that inside that seat pocket safely while its charging - passengers in mine do it that way .

If everything is provided in all variants, they for sure will not be able to show the differentiating factor between variants.

Last edited by paragsachania : 23rd November 2018 at 16:15.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 17:15   #510
BHPian

My SA at Maruti Dealership just mentioned the prices for the variants i was looking at. Zxi+ MT is 11.19 L and Zxi AT is 11.70L On Road Chennai. This is inclusive of Insurance,Taxes , Extended Warranty ( 5 years or 100,000 kms) . Prices sure have gotten high. I remember buying my 2013 September manufactured ertiga for 9L flat ( Zxi)
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed