Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2018, 19:08   #571
BHPian

Re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs

CarWale Tweeted

"It's the biggest launch we have witnessed this year!

In the first 3 days of its launch,the number of people who have read & researched our editorial content to find anything & everything around it,is unprecedented!
Clearly, this is another big brand in the making. #NextGenErtiga"

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-screenshot_20181126193138_chrome.jpg
JS Kwt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 20:59   #572
Distinguished - BHPian

Drive Review,

Old 27th November 2018, 10:02   #573
BHPian

Autoportal - English Review
Justifying his Obsession with Water bottles , thanks to him the manufacturers are paying attention

And guess what, He's got conscious of his Height reference jokes

For those Eyeing for the Ertiga Blue Color

Here's a Review

CarAndBike Review

CarDekho Review

Gaadiwaadi Review

Last edited by SDP : 27th November 2018 at 10:45. Reason: Merging back to back posts
JS Kwt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 11:42   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
Autoportal - English Review
Justifying his Obsession with Water bottles , thanks to him the manufacturers are paying attention

And guess what, He's got conscious of his Height reference jokes

https://Youtu.be/qbARFEtw8MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
For Reference his Height is 5'10 ... ( Just in case someone wanted to guess how big the new Ertiga is )
May I ask what is there to joke about his or any other person's height? A lot of people who buy and drive cars in our country are 5'10" or thereabouts.

And space to hold water bottles are very useful feature in parts of our country like mine where we need to drink lots of water every day due to the climate. Agreed that bottle holders might not be a significant decision making factor, but wouldn't it be nice to have them?
Old 27th November 2018, 12:02   #575
BHPian

I checked with my SA yesterday regarding the rear LED lights for the new gen ertiga. As expected, its only dummy lights for the indian Version and all we get are 4 small bulbs in the rear center part. So this kind of confirms it. We get ACC , Center Armrest , Reverse Camera but lose out on the rear light bar and extra carpeting for 3 row base and boot . Price we pay for having airbags and projector headlamps along the range.

Last edited by keshav1426 : 27th November 2018 at 12:04.
keshav1426 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 12:21   #576
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Also important to note that they can make the current 1.3MJD BS VI compliant, but there is a huge cost involved.

So going forward, I guess Maruti vehicles will be heavily driven by the Petrols? Is my reading correct from this discussion?
I've been following the whole BS VI shift since I bought a diesel compact SUV in February this year. My research yielded this picture -

1) BS VI Diesel engines upto 1.5 Litres will cost between Rs.75K to Rs.1 lakh more than they do currently.
2) BS VI Diesel engines of 1.6 litres and higher will cost...anything like Rs.1.5 to 3 lakh more, depending on the engine's size.
3) After conforming to BS VI emission norms, a diesel car will only pollute as much as a petrol car would. That's a huge jump because currently, at BS IV levels - a single diesel car pollutes as much as 40 petrol cars!
4) Of the modifications involved, there are going to added components such as a diesel particulate filter and other parts to curb emissions. These form the basis for the impending cost hike.

I really wonder what'll become of diesel-heavy body on frame SUV makers like Tata and Mahindra when the BS VI price hikes occur. Price elasticity will come into play and it'll dent their sales. And I don't foresee a 1.6 tonne dry-weight TUV 300 in a BS VI petrol avatar for instance. A 2.7 tonne Hexa with a BS VI petrol engine would return 6 Kmpl at best. But meanwhile, the respective BS VI diesel versions of such cars would begin to cost hell of a lot more to the point where monocoques might start winning the MPV/SUV race from then on simply because they are more amenable to be driven by petrol.

Slightly OT - As Tbhp member piousdevil discovered, fears of BS VI grade diesel harming older BS IV engines seem unnecessary - https://www.team-bhp.com/news/bs-vi-...-bs-iv-engines

Last edited by Eddy : 29th December 2018 at 23:45. Reason: typo
locusjag is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 13:02   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
3) After conforming to BS VI emission norms, a diesel car will only pollute as much as a petrol car would. That's a huge jump because currently, at BS IV levels - a single diesel car pollutes as much as 40 petrol cars!
This is interesting. Are you sure both would be on par under BS VI?

Quote:

A 2.7 tonne Hexa with a BS VI petrol engine would return 6 Kmpl at best. But meanwhile, the respective BS VI diesel versions of such cars would begin to cost hell of a lot more to the point where monocoques might start winning the MPV/SUV race from then on simply because they are more amenable to be driven by petrol.
This is very true. Mahindra already has a petrol XUV model (mainly for exports, but has been launched in India as well); and I'm sure that will give single digit mileage even when driven sedately. This could well be an inflection point for the monocoque, light-weight MPVs/SUVs in the petrol avatar.

- Nice to meet you here, Jag!
nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 13:38   #578
Distinguished - BHPian

New Ertiga Bangalore Price list, ( ignore AMT worded ..)

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-1.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 14:04   #579
Senior - BHPian

I had a detailed look at the new Ertiga last weekend and here is my observation

Space - Focus seem to be on the third row comfort and I could easily make out the increased leg room. It is now possible to fold the 3rd row flat without compromising the leg room in middle row(as against the current Ertiga where i need to remove headrest/slide the 2nd row a bit). Also the recline makes the 3rd row comfortable for an average adult(5.7ft) to even spend few hours on this. However I could not make out any difference in front or middle row.

Boot space - Boot appears more deeper(especially with 3rd row incline kept straight) and can accommodate more bags for a weekend trip. This is inline with other 7 seaters in the segment. Especially at this price and the compact dimension. Suzuki engineers have done great job in liberating so much space inside

7 seater petrol MPV - OTR Bangalore for top end Zxi+ is south of 12L which is a very good deal. Especially when the gap between petrol and diesel is in single digit. I haven't taken test drive yet, so will go with the online reviews for the power figures. They just seem adequate. I dont have much hopes from this hybrid tech. not sure if there is any visible difference due to torque assist.

Interiors - While the dash is all new, rest of the car feels same. Even the seat fabric feels same as outgoing car. that color MID is a cool thing again. Only available on Petrol though.

Coming to the let downs,
Choice of colors - very less choice. Blue seem to be the only new shade which looks cool
Ancient 4AT, only 2 air bags, no Cruise control and no sun-roof

Will I buy one ?
Still not convinced if this will be a worthy upgrade over my existing Ertiga which still drives like new after 5 years and close to 1L kms. I wish for a top end with the missing features as mentioned above. It would still be cheaper than the BR-V

Who should buy ?
Petrol Ertiga might sell well considering the lack of choices. BR-V is easily couple of lakhs expensive.
Diesel buyers might however be tempted to consider Marazzo which offers more space and power for the additional cost.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 14:18   #580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
This is interesting. Are you sure both would be on par under BS VI?
Yes. That's what the BS VI norm mandates and that's what the auto industry is sweating over! It's a gargantuan ask from them.

Quote:
This is very true. Mahindra already has a petrol XUV model (mainly for exports, but has been launched in India as well); and I'm sure that will give single digit mileage even when driven sedately.
I remember even Dr.Pawan Goenka lamenting the poor sales of the petrol XUV -
Quote:
Dr. Pawan Goenka has just given us an indication of how poor the sales of the petrol version of the Mahindra XUV500 have been in India. Since its launch in December 2017, Mahindra has managed to sell only 45 units of the petrol powered XUV500. In contrast, over 10,000 units of the diesel powered XUV500 variants have been sold in the same time period.

“(Since launch,) we have sold 45 petrol XUV500, which is available easily, but everybody wants diesel.”
Source:
https://www.cartoq.com/everyone-want...d-of-mahindra/

Quote:
This could well be an inflection point for the monocoque, light-weight MPVs/SUVs in the petrol avatar.
I really don't know what Mahindra can do to better its situation when even its monocoque XUV 500 doesn't do well in petrol. Or will the petrol XUV begin to look good when the diesel version's price shoots out of reach? Meanwhile what of their body on frame behemoths which would most likely remain diesel-only? Is Mahindra okay with lower sales numbers in their portfolio?

I simply foresee most people buying lightweight petrol-driven monocoques if they want people movers. Money talks, whether it be to buy a car or to fill up the tank! We already have our answer to the question - will the Marazzo or the Ertiga win? "Just wait for BS VI my friend" should be the discerning Team-BHP member's cryptic answer.

Quote:
- Nice to meet you here, Jag!
Yes indeed! From the rolling hills of Manipal to here, well met indeed

Last edited by locusjag : 27th November 2018 at 14:21.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 14:26   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Still not convinced if this will be a worthy upgrade over my existing Ertiga which still drives like new after 5 years and close to 1L kms.
The new Ertiga should never be looked at as an upgrade from the current one just because of that better 3rd row and marginally bigger boot. If your plan is to upgrade, even if the 1.5D is launched some time next year, you should ignore it and look at other options like Crysta and Hexa which ideally will be worthy contenders for an upgrade.

The new Ertiga is something that will still get recommended for flexi needs (5+2) and an able highway cruiser at an affordable price which was its USP that should get carried forward with this launch too.

At 1.62L kms on my current Ertiga, I have no qualms and if an upgrade happens, it will certainly be not at the same level for sure.
paragsachania is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 14:46   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The new Ertiga should never be looked at as an upgrade from the current one just because of that better 3rd row and marginally bigger boot. If your plan is to upgrade, even if the 1.5D is launched some time next year, you should ignore it and look at other options like Crysta and Hexa which ideally will be worthy contenders for an upgrade.
May be upgrade is not the right word here
However i met couple of others who also happened to own Ertiga and were exploring if it is worth exchanging with new Ertiga. Which is why i felt there will be more like me with 5+ year old Ertiga waiting to buy new car

Coming to upgrade, I am not specifically looking for 7 seater however it will always play in my mind.
Waiting for the Harrier as well.

My heart says upgrade, while the mind factors the cost angle and we must say Maruti has played the price card well.

Last edited by rajshenoy : 27th November 2018 at 14:48.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 14:58   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post

I wish for a top end with the missing features as mentioned above. It would still be cheaper than the BR-V

BR-V is easily couple of lakhs expensive.
If nothing else, a ZXI+ AT for sure. To put things in perspective, the entry level BR-V variant is almost on par with the ZXI+. So, MSIL do have enough space to push in a top end automatic, maybe sometime in 2019.

Quote:

I really don't know what Mahindra can do to better its situation when even its monocoque XUV 500 doesn't do well in petrol. Or will the petrol XUV begin to look good when the diesel version's price shoots out of reach? Meanwhile what of their body on frame behemoths which would most likely remain diesel-only? Is Mahindra okay with lower sales numbers in their portfolio?
All companies with a diesel-heavy portfolio will have this issue. They will either have to churn out BS VI diesels very soon and increase the sticker price, or bring out proper petrol engines (rather than half-baked ones like the one on the XUV) in order to push sales. Ford seem to have worked in this direction with their new Dragon engines.
nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 15:31   #584
BHPian

Quote:
I've been following the whole BS VI shift since I bought a diesel compact SUV in February this year. My research yielded this picture -

1) BS VI Diesel engines upto 1.5 Litres will cost between Rs.75K to Rs.1 lakh more than they do currently.
2) BS VI Diesel engines of 1.6 litres and higher will cost...anything like Rs.1.5 to 3 lakhs lakh more, depending on the engine's size.
4) Of the modifications involved, there are going to added components such as a diesel particulate filter and other parts to curb emissions. These form the basis for the impending cost hike.
[/url]
BSVI diesel engines would be at least 1.5L-2L Rupees costlier no matter the size. My firm works on Engine parts in Japan. It is only when pushed to an extreme corner did VW actually cheat, so difficult is the task. BS VI is definitely the death of diesel or at least the death of diesel for city dwellers / low distance drivers.
Carma2017 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 15:46   #585
Distinguished - BHPian

New Ertiga Accessories parts list:

Quote:

Ambitious Package

Box finish lining seat covers – Rs 11,432
Body side moulding with chrome insert – Rs 4,213
Rear upper spoiler – Rs 7,199
Reverse Parking Assist in IRVM – NA
Bumper corner protectors – Rs 867
Designer mats - Rs 1,190
Window frame kit – Rs 3,763
Steering wheel cover – NA
Tissue box – NA

Indulge Package

Nautical star finish seat cover – Rs 11,432
Body side moulding garnish finish – Rs 3,603
Rear bumper garnish – Rs 1,563
Window frame kit – Rs 3,763
Deluxe carpet mat – Rs 1,790
Interior styling kit for armrest bezel with maple wood finish – Rs 9,169

Other accessories

15-inch alloy wheels – Rs 32,220
Wheel covers – Rs 2,036
Exterior styling kit (Rear spoiler, side skirts, trunk lid spoiler) – Rs 33,660
Door sill guard – Rs 1,626
Door sill guard with illumination – Rs 3,844
Fog lamp garnish – Rs 2,133
Door handle garnish – Rs 1,903
Reverse parking aid with 4 sensors, IRVM display and camera – Rs 15,680
Security system with sensor – Rs 7,370
Body covers Normal/Premium – Rs 1,890/2,999
Premium art leather seat covers – Rs 12,732
Interior styling kit for dashboard – Rs 8,369
Number plate garnish – Rs 986
1,000 Watts Sub Woofer – Rs 20,360
Car perfume – Rs 350
Premium car care kit – Rs 1,474
Speed governor – Rs 15,000

Accessories

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th November 2018 at 15:52.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks