Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2018, 18:32   #631
BANNED

Re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs

Paid this car a visit yesterday. It certainly didn't blow me away or anything. But, it has to be said that Maruti understands the Indian customer base which values value and utility over everything else.

Despite it's increased dimensions, the new Ertiga does not seat 7 in total comfort with a full luggaged boot. It is better than the older version. But, it still isn't a full fledged 7 seater. I am not saying that the Innova or the Marazzo fit that bill. All, I am saying is that the quest for a true 7 seater for the Indian middle class has not ended with the Ertiga. It's a shame really because there is no other place in the world where such space would be most valued or used, and yet here we are in this country without a true 7 seater car. Incidentally, there are so many options for 7 and 8 seaters in the west. But in India, we always seem to be done in by tax breaks targetting car sizes, engine sizes and what not.

This is solely my opinion. But, to value conscious people who are shopping around and who do not have strong loyalties to any brand, the Ertiga is a no-brainer.

Really, the Marazzo does not stand a chance.

Space in the 2nd and 3rd rows of the Ertiga is alright. Nothing great. Kaam chalao types. But, the Ertiga has a better and more functional boot with all seats up. The 3rd row also reclines to a healthy angle; and even with a full recline, the boot is usable. Plus, there is that added boot depth under the panels in the back.

After sitting in the Marazzo and the Ertiga, we felt that the leg room in the 3rd row is far better in the Ertiga than the Marazzo; because in the Ertiga, you can move the 2nd row very far forward to the point where the 2nd row seat touches the back of the first row. Of course, no one would use the car this way. But, this range of movement really gives us the flexibility to liberate leg room in the 3rd row. This is not possible in the Marazzo where the range of fore-aft travel of the 2nd row is quite small.

The Marazzo has the following advantages on the Ertiga:
  • Better shoulder room in 2nd and 3rd rows
  • Window sunshades
  • Cruise Control
  • Usable front row arm rests
  • Sunglass holder
  • Conversation mirror
  • Storage bin above dash.
  • Usable cup holders despite that idiotic handbrake design.
  • Captain seat option. - But, this is a double edged sword. I personally would want a bench which isn't offered in the top end. Not the best decision in my opinion. I see no harm in offering all seating options in the top trim, expecially since Mahindra is offering it in the lower trims.
  • Really nice 1.5 liter diesel engine.
  • Better build quality.
  • A larger and more substantial presence on the road.
Overall, the Ertiga has the competition beat with it's huge price advantage and that lovely petrol with the auto tranny, not to mention Maruti's ASS reach, resale value, and that extra power outlet in the 3rd row in the top trims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
....I wanted to check specifically the VXi variant.

On-road Pune Vxi is 9,65 Lakhs and ZXi is 10.61, ZXi+ 11.20
Compared to Zxi, Vxi misses out on the following
- Alloy wheels,
- Rear Wash wipe,
- Automatic Climate control
- Faux Wooden trim
- Some chrome here and there
- Central Armrest (which is useless as it rests only your elbow, your forearm will dangle and will not rest anywhere unless kept on gear level)

Both Zxi and Vxi dont get:
- Touch screen system with Android and Apple Car play and voice command.
- Rear view camera.

Apart from rear wipers, all other features in Zxi are cosmetic and 'feel good' compared to Vxi, so I am wondering if putting one lakh rupees more makes any sense for someone tight on budget. I am currently evaluating Vxi and Zxi with family and friends, although I am all for Vxi. Waiting for Vxi/Vdi variant to arrive and have a 'feel' of it. I am not interested in driving the car this time around as our requirement is strictly a 7 seater and there is no other car in under 10 Lakh category which qualifies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
The Vxi also does not get the rear defogger. Depending on your requirement, this may be something to consider as well especially since it cannot be retrofitted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
If you drive often on highways, you should go for ZXI just for the rear wipers. On a MPV/Hatchback/SUV this feature is important. In city you won't miss much but come highway during rainy season and you will be reminded of this missing feature everytime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
I am shocked and frustrated at Maruti to read this.

This is such a basic feature that it should be present right in every variant. Ask anyone who has driven during rains/monsoon. Oh wait, anyone and everyone will know that already. Maruti is being a miser when trying to push folks for the higher variant.
Here is a fuller list of features missing in Ertiga VXI.
  1. Height adjustable drivers seat
  2. Engine Push Start/Stop with Smart Key
  3. Charging point in the 3rd row
  4. Height adjustable seatbelts in the front row
  5. Front fog lamps
  6. Rear Wiper / Washer
  7. Defogger
  8. Auto A/C
  9. Alloy wheels
  10. Outside temperature gauge
  11. Extra audio tweeters
I have omitted the chrome bling elements. I have also not included the obviously top-end only feature - touchscreen infotainment with voice recognition. In my opinion, the last 4 features in the list are nice to have and not really necessary. But, the first 7 features are a real value add. I would miss them if the car didn't have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
The closest competitor to the Ertiga would be the BR-V, which, despite having better engines (and a better second seat flip mechanism ), is a flop because it is seriously overpriced. The new Ertiga might push the BR-V numbers further down. Marazzo, on the other hand, offers much more space than both the BR-V and the Ertiga, and has a better build than both as well.

For someone looking for a value for money petrol 7-seater, nothing beats the new Ertiga.
For the longest time, I have been saying that in terms of utility, it is the BRV and only the BRV for seating 7. But, as you rightly pointed out, that car is overpriced by 3 lacs at least. Also, it has some key features missing (no backlighting in the dash and on the CVT transmission stalk, no extra charging sockets in the back rows, call answer button on dash instead of on the steering wheel, narrow second row seat). Finally, there's the styling; which is just not appealing enough. If the car had been 6 inches wider, the styling would have worked in my opinion. Still, for the longest time, I was cruising the used market for a BRV and could not find anything I liked.

Thank God for the new Ertiga. I have asked for a TD of the auto tranny. If all goes well, I will book the car in the next few weeks. The Ertiga is the best compromise out there for middle class Indian families.
mohansrides is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 19:01   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post

For the longest time, I have been saying that in terms of utility, it is the BRV and only the BRV for seating 7. But, as you rightly pointed out, that car is overpriced by 3 lacs at least. Also, it has some key features missing (no backlighting in the dash and on the CVT transmission stalk, no extra charging sockets in the back rows, call answer button on dash instead of on the steering wheel, narrow second row seat). Finally, there's the styling; which is just not appealing enough. If the car had been 6 inches wider, the styling would have worked in my opinion. Still, for the longest time, I was cruising the used market for a BRV and could not find anything I liked.
Yes, I have seen your posts on the BRV thread as well . The BRV is longer than the Ertiga, so that translated to more legroom and boot space. But the third row seems to be quite low, so might be less useful than the one in the Ertiga.

Considering you have checked out both the BRV and the Ertiga, maybe you can highlight some of the key differences in the shoulder room (in the second row) and the overall build of both the cars, so that the prospective buyers can get a better idea.
nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 19:13   #633
BANNED

I have test drove the BRV, and I found it very disappointing for the following reasons.

The seats have poor cushioning. Ertiga seats have much better cushioning.

The 3rd row seats are quite low. Ertiga 3rd row seats are set higher.

The build quality is flimsy. You feel it most when you drive it on very bad roads - you almost start wondering if the structure will just fall apart. Not sure if the new ertiga build quality is any better. But the old ertiga had better build quality than brv.

The narrow width of the BRV makes the cabin feel not spacious, and a bit claustrophobic - especially if it is loaded with full passengers. The 40 mm width increase in new ertiga has done magic in terms of making the cabin feel roomy.

The price of BRV is atrocious, and the feature set is poor at the price point. Ertiga is so much better priced.

Overall the BRV feels built to a cost. I suspect the same can be said of the ertiga - but at least the exterior of the new ertiga certainly feels more premium than BRV.

I certainly prefer the old ertiga Petrol engine over the ivtec of the brv - primarily due to the low end drivability of the ertiga 1.4 Petrol. I think that must have gotten even better with the new ertiga 1.5 Petrol.

Last edited by PYSO : 3rd December 2018 at 19:23.
PYSO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 19:18   #634
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
Yes, I have seen your posts on the BRV thread as well . The BRV is longer than the Ertiga, so that translated to more legroom and boot space. But the third row seems to be quite low, so might be less useful than the one in the Ertiga.

Considering you have checked out both the BRV and the Ertiga, maybe you can highlight some of the key differences in the shoulder room (in the second row) and the overall build of both the cars, so that the prospective buyers can get a better idea.
The BRV's 3rd row is actually higher and not lower than the other two rows. This translates to the 3rd row people sitting shoulders above the 2nd row people, which in turn translates to the 3rd folks not feeling hemmed in. This feeling of claustrophobia is very real in the Innova where the 2nd row seat back is about 5 inches taller than the 3rd row. I didn't see the Marazzo feeling much better in the 3rd row (with a bench in the 2nd row) except for increased shoulder room. The Ertiga is the next best thing to the BRV. Not as much leg room; but better than the Marazzo.

Overall, the 3rd row in the BRV is definitely tops. It doesn't have a charging socket. That aside, it is super usable with acres of legroom. One does sit a bit knees up. But, that's not much of an issue in my family as none of us is a 6 footer. In terms of overall cabin feel and experience, the BRV is unmatched. Very airy and open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
I have test drove the BRV, and I found it very disappointing for the following reasons.

The seats have poor cushioning. Ertiga seats have much better cushioning.

The 3rd row seats are quite low. Ertiga 3rd row seats are set higher.

The build quality is flimsy.
I agree with you about the flimsy build quality and the nonsense price. But, regarding overall space inside the cabin in the BRV, we have to agree to disagree. Those thin seats have a way of liberating space. Plus, no one in my family felt that they lacked cushioning.

For reference, I suggest that you speak to a few BRV owners. They are some of most satisfied lot. I know two BRV owners personally. They say that in terms of space usage and practicality, the car validates their choice everyday.

If it was 11 lacs on the road, I would have bought it by now. It simply isn't a 15 lac car. That's for sure.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th December 2018 at 11:46. Reason: Back to back posts merged + quoted content trimmed. Thanks.
mohansrides is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 19:28   #635
Senior - BHPian

One thing that Ertiga trumps the BRV on is the flat folding seats. The BRV seats don't fold flat, rather they form little islands. Ertiga creates a nice flat area with 3rd seat folded, and a sloping area with 2nd seats folded.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 19:42   #636
BANNED

Just for kicks, here is some reading.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/30/b...a-minivan.html

Nevermind their boring image. Some of us only wish that we had a true minivan. Aside from the insanely expensive Innova, there isn't really anything in the Indian market. And I suspect that the Innova doesn't package the space as well as the minivans in the US do.
mohansrides is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 01:26   #637
BHPian

Got a chance to see the New Ertiga today - briefly

First Impression
Great Looks - Great Utility - Great Value

• I felt the Red and Blue Colors to be a Bit Darker for my liking. (Maybe the Showroom wasn't Well Lit.)
  • Looking forward to check out Magma Grey and Silver - before taking the Dive.
  • Surprisingly the Faux Wood shade is Not as Off as it seems in Pics and Videos. Looking forward to checking it in broad Daylight.
  • Third Row Thigh support is Adequate for Adults.
  • Seats Soft and Cushy, Perfected to maintain its softness and comfort after adding Seat Covers. I think they are made keeping in mind that 100% of buyers will Purchase Maruti Genuine Seat covers along with the Car. Someone needs to get the Seat Cover inventory figures.

In addition to the Above discussions

Marked a few Small things

1 - The Second row Ingress is Easy , but Egress is Easy Only when slided fully back.
If slided to Mid position , it is Comfortable to sit and travel , But while getting Out it becomes cramped . The B Pillar obstructs the door side passenger (who has to TURN his Legs while getting out) - ending up scraping or banging his foot to the B pillar. So to avoid that , while getting Out - the passenger has to slide the Seat Backwards to get Out comfortably. This would cause slight Inconvenience to the third row passenger.
P.S. - While Ingress - this is Not much of an issue as the passenger Angle of getting in - is Straight.

These pics show the Space available while 2nd Row is slided fully back and near-mid. The Foot design on the white Foot-Rest paper gives an idea - how much actual Leg/foot space one gets while Egress.

Enough Space while slided Fully back
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181203_145307.jpg

Less Space while slided Halfway
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181203_145321.jpg

Top view of Cramped Foot Space while slided Halfway
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181203_145024.jpg
See How Close the Seat base line gets to the B Pillar!

2 - To USE the Full Boot Space and place Large Luggages - the Third Row has to be set full Upright. In this Position - the Third Row is Not comfortable to Sit in. It is too Straight - almost 90 degrees. Reminds you of your old School Bus seat !
So ideally, to Use the Third row - you will have to Set it to about 70-80% of its Recline Range Position. This will reduce the Actual USABLE Boot Volume.

3 - The Dead Pedal is a Wide Space - which you can see in these pics. The Shape is greatly Utilized to serve the purpose. Full Marks for Ergonomics! Dead Pedal Achieved !
But then the Logic of Not providing a 'Trivial' Rubber Pad for the Pedal leaves you Brain-dead. You can see the carpet has already gotten Dirty in few days. A Dead Pedal Rubber Pad would have made the Foot Well look a lot "Premium" - Missed Opportunity !

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181203_144753.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181203_144735.jpg

P.S. - Plz ask MS and Other Indian Car manufacturers to Sentence their Cutting Edge "Cost Cutting" Experts to Team BHP Camp for Rehabilitation

Other interesting details from the SA
  • Total 43 cars booked by their branch till date ( 9 before launch / 34 after launch ) - Out of which only 7 were Diesel ! Interesting figures.
  • A friend of mine totally inclined towards booking the diesel, Test drove both back to back Today - and is Now going for Petrol. He found the Petrol quite peppy, and Diesel quite Dull for city driving.
  • Waiting period quoted 2-4 weeks - in Kolkata
  • No Cancellation charge on Booking if Cancelled - SA pressed hard to Go ahead without Worries of Cancellations or Changes of Colors or Variants.

*Prices on Road Kolkata
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181204_004612.jpg

Last edited by JS Kwt : 4th December 2018 at 01:33.
JS Kwt is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 10:26   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Paid this car a visit yesterday. It certainly didn't blow me away or anything. But, it has to be said that Maruti understands the Indian customer base which values value and utility over everything else.

Despite it's increased dimensions, the new Ertiga does not seat 7 in total comfort with a full luggaged boot. It is better than the older version. But, it still isn't a full fledged 7 seater. I am not saying that the Innova or the Marazzo fit that bill. All, I am saying is that the quest for a true 7 seater for the Indian middle class has not ended with the Ertiga.

This is solely my opinion. But, to value conscious people who are shopping around and who do not have strong loyalties to any brand, the Ertiga is a no-brainer.
Couldn't agree more ! Its just that the new Ertiga now makes a great case for itself compared to BR-V, Marazzo and even the Hexa (if people dont bash me for that ). For people with short height, the third row is definitely a comfortable place to be in. With increase in number of people, their luggage too increases so its going to be a case of managing luggage properly by all. I've already told my mom and wife to pack light in case we buy this car

I am only thinking if paying 1 Lakh more for creature comforts and one safety aspect : Rear washer/defogger makes any sense right now. The car will be driven by me and in Maharashtra where fogging is not much of an issue and can be dealt with AC, and I for sure wont take the car out on highways in rainy season (Mom doesn't allow monsoon escapades). Mostly probably will book one of them (Vxi/Zxi) in few weeks.

Last edited by NiInJa : 4th December 2018 at 10:37.
Old 4th December 2018, 14:21   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
If you drive often on highways, you should go for ZXI just for the rear wipers.
+1 , apart from Rainy season, Rear Vipers are also a boon when the Car has not been washed for a while and you need to use it right away.

Quote:
All, I am saying is that the quest for a true 7 seater for the Indian middle class has not ended with the Ertiga. It's a shame really because there is no other place in the world where such space would be most valued or used, and yet here we are in this country without a true 7 seater car.
+1 , some unfathomable Duty-Cut Rules , and FE mentality of the masses is the reason for the Non-existence of true 7/8 seaters

Quote:
Here is a fuller list of features missing in Ertiga VXI.
  1. Height adjustable drivers seat
  2. Front fog lamps
  3. Rear Wiper / Washer
  4. Defogger
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
I am only thinking if paying 1 Lakh more for creature comforts and one safety aspect : Rear washer/defogger makes any sense right now.
These are the 4 additional features of ZXI which i would Not like to miss

I was thinking of buying a VXI if these 4 features can be added separately.

The Benefit i get is that the 1 lakh Rupees can be spend for these additional modifications -
  • 16 inch Alloys and 195 profile Tyres
  • Additional cost for Height Adjustable Seat ( a boon when multiple persons in the family can drive - especially the Ladies )
  • I get the Grey Soft touch dashboard, as i am Not a Big Fan of the Faux Wood.
  • Rear Spoiler and other bumper kits
  • I could save for the Rear LED lights replacement when they are available
  • I can save for the accessories Kit

-Had inquired for Height Adjustable Seat , it's Not available at present, but it should not be so difficult to get. Considered it is possible in Swift and Dzire.

- the Only gripe in going for this VXI Option is that Rear Viper cannot be Retrofitted
JS Kwt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 15:27   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
I was thinking of buying a VXI if these 4 features can be added separately.

-Had inquired for Height Adjustable Seat , it's Not available at present, but it should not be so difficult to get. Considered it is possible in Swift and Dzire.

- the Only gripe in going for this VXI Option is that Rear Viper cannot be Retrofitted
Exactly my thoughts, at the cost of me being labelled miser at home

Just to continue the debate, any component which comes fitted directly by the company has better fitment and robustness. If the difference is only 1 lakh, I would still go for ZXI.

I would further go straight up to ZXI+ if the AT is not good. (Yet to drive it, but have been confirmed as good by senior BHPians)

The rear LED strip is definitely an eye candy which I am tempted for.

What other accessories make sense? Can anyone have inputs?
rich_heart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 11:17   #641
Distinguished - BHPian

Ertiga does beat the Marazzo in its first month ,though too early to forecast, seeing the interests generated it will do an average of these numbers/ month.

1. Ertiga 6362
2. Marazzo 3387

Source:Auto Punditz

Meanwhile Maruti Suzuki is aggressively testing its new diesel engine in Ertiga , bound for a late 2019 launch. Will come in a 6 MT confguration.

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-marutisuzukiertigaspottedwithnew1_5ldieselengine1.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-marutisuzukiertigaspottedwithnew1_5ldieselengine2.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-newmarutiertigadieseltolikelyget6speedmtspied2.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th December 2018 at 11:37.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 12:36   #642
BHPian

NEW ERTIGA with Rear Spolier , Chrome Side Moulding and Black Alloys

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181213_190912.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181213_191015.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181213_181912.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181213_181924.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181213_191030.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181213_182028.jpg

Big Bro ERTIGA flaunts his Moustache next to his Happy-go-lucky Siblings

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181210_194831.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181213_141356.jpg

Faux Wood Interior Styling Kit for V and L Variants

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181210_195143.jpg

How it Looks without the Faux Wood

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181211_144439.jpg

Range of Rear View Mirror
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181210_203451.jpg

AC Vents on both Sides can be Closed fully , also seen is the Black Plastic Cover in place of the Tweeters missing in the Lower Variants
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181210_195503.jpg

AC Vents in the Centre Cannot be Closed fully , notice the slight opening even when fully slided.
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181210_195739.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-screenshot_20181214094825_gallery.jpg

Similarly the 2nd Row Overhead Blower Unit Vents also cannot be Closed. Missed feature if some passenger is Not comfortable with the strong Air shaft. Also the Blower unit is made of Cheap flimsy plastics.

Head Rests in 2nd and 3rd Row - (when in fully down position) - protrudes a little and obstructs sitting comfort. They are ergonomically designed to allow seat folding.
Head Rests need to be raised to sit comfortably
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-screenshot_20181214100114_gallery.jpg

2nd Row Head Rest has 3 raising slots

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181210_201351.jpg

3rd Row Head Rest has only 1 raising slot
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181210_201455.jpg

Nice Rubber pad for the Hood Support Rod, very useful when the Engine bay is too Hot.
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181210_201042.jpg

At the Joints - the Welding finish looks untidy - Some sort of Adhesive has been brushed in a hurry . The paint on the adhesive is also chipping Off. Obvious QC issues.
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181210_201155.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181210_200920.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181210_200831.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181210_200844.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181210_201140.jpg

Accessories Prices
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181211_015846.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181214_092201.jpg

Last edited by JS Kwt : 14th December 2018 at 12:55.
JS Kwt is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 13:02   #643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
At the Joints - the Welding finish looks untidy - Some sort of Adhesive has been brushed in a hurry . The paint on the adhesive is also chipping Off. Obvious QC issues.
That's the seam sealant, applied on the lips where two seams are welded to prevent water entry and corrosion. Of course this could have been better finished.

Also, a couple of pics of the black alloy wheels:

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181206_180243.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181206_175728.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 01:43   #644
BHPian

Finally got to see the New Ertiga in Magma Grey color

Looks quite good in the flesh. The Angry Front Face looks a bit toned down in Magma Grey color , which blends with the projectors and Chrome grill. Also the moustache is less prominent. A good choice for those who prefer a more subtle look.

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181215_011047.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181214_190311.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181214_190053.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181214_190550.jpg

Rear Spoiler in Black would look Great in combination with Magma Grey

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181214_190122.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181214_190221.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181215_011124.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181214_190034.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181214_190626.jpg
JS Kwt is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 19:22   #645
BHPian

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs

Received an email from Kalyani Motors Bangalore as follows
Quote:
We wish to inform you as per information received from Maruti Suzuki (Economic Times article dated 5th Dec), prices of all Maruti Suzuki Cars is expected to be hiked from 1st Jan 2019. The tentative price hike expected is around 5-8%. Accordingly the price Hike impact for your purchase will be applicable
Not sure if this applicable also to Ertiga or it is a general tactic of the dealers to push fence sitters
Edit : I have booked a ZXI-AT variant

Last edited by harishhm74 : 15th December 2018 at 19:27.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed