Old 1st January 2019, 12:06   #706
Team-BHP Support

Re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Dealer pushing some anti-rust treatment for around 7K
Waste of money

Quote:
and faux leather seat covers for around 11K.
Useful. Reasonable too, considering that we have 3 rows of seats.

Quote:
The lower variants lack a reversing camera, the dealer offered one - integrated audio system and reversing monitor/display - for a 27K kenwood and 32K for a sony. A tad expensive?
Go for touchscreen HU that does NOT have GPS. Because you will eventually use Google Maps. Cheapest option is standalone reversing camera with display that costs Rs. 2000 to Rs. 4,000 - but does not "look" very cool.
SmartCat is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 17:16   #707
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Thanks much. Since you did a TD , help me with the following information
1. Body panels. Do they feel acceptable compared to previous gen or the new swift / baleno
I visited a showroom today. There was a new ertiga and old ertiga parked next to each other.

The Body panels of new ertiga are definitely thicker than the old one - they don't flex as easily as the Body panels of the old one.

The bonnet of the new ertiga felt at least 30% heavier than the bonnet of the old ertiga.

The sales executive also told me the same -that the new ertiga is heavier built than the old one. In his view the s-cross, new ertiga and the vitara brezza are the better built marutis.

I also compared the Body panels of the new ertiga with those of the swift at the showroom, and the new ertiga panels are clearly better built.
PYSO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 20:55   #708
BHPian

https://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-ertiga...er-launch/amp/

Ertiga cross 6 seater planned for June 2019 at Nexa. Single version which sits above the zxi+ in terms of price. The site states that it will get updated front and rear lights. If that's the case , we maybe able to fix the led tail lights on the regular ertiga

Last edited by keshav1426 : 1st January 2019 at 20:59.
Old 1st January 2019, 21:30   #709
BANNED

Quote:
Dealer pushing some anti-rust treatment for around 7K and faux leather seat covers for around 11K.
Not worth getting the anti-rust treatment done through the dealership. Get the seat covers if you like them. Pricing is the same as we got when we enquired during finalising the deal. Here's the one we chose for our Ertiga ZXi AT:

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-img_20181223_1659061200x1600__01.jpg

Quote:
It is worth getting these fitted at the dealer or aftermarket shops?
After I checked around a few accessory stores, pricing was more or less similar to what Maruti quoted, so got them from the dealer before we took the delivery.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 21:35   #710
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
In his view the s-cross, new ertiga and the vitara brezza are the better built marutis.
SCross and Brezza are built on the same platform, whereas Ertiga is built on the same Heartect platform as the Swift.

Would not be wise to take a salesman's word for it here.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 21:56   #711
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
SCross and Brezza are built on the same platform, whereas Ertiga is built on the same Heartect platform as the Swift.

Would not be wise to take a salesman's word for it here.
Can't comment on the platform.

My observation was only about the body panels. And it is based on my own checks. As far as the body panels are concerned, i agree with the views of the sales executive.

PYSO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 22:38   #712
BHPian

I concur with @pyso on the body panels part, while at the showroom , i tried to press it subtly on the fender and then the front door, it did not yield like i had expected it to.

So in all probability the sheet metal used is thicker/stiffer than the quintessential maruti.

@a4anurag, the showroom car had similar seat covers to the one in your car, there were a couple of options too, i did not look at accessory thing because it anyway will take another 14-18 weeks - translates to April/May time frame.

@smartcat, if you have any specific recommendation on integrated head unit/reverse camera/dashcamera do let me know.
cyberwhizs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 23:15   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Can't comment on the platform.

My observation was only about the body panels. And it is based on my own checks. As far as the body panels are concerned, i agree with the views of the sales executive.

Was very happy to read your post regarding the body panels . The old Ertiga was more or less ok but it did dent easily. At that time , it was made much better than the Swift and desire. Now hearing that the new Ertiga felt stronger is definitely a plus point. More over , it will give the Maruti bashers something to ponder upon. Thanks for the information

Last edited by keshav1426 : 1st January 2019 at 23:18.
Old 2nd January 2019, 11:04   #714
BHPian

Note: For those taking delivery of 2018 Model

SA just informed there is a
Rs 10,000 Discount on 2018 Model New Ertiga

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20190102_110540.jpg

Also said MS has withheld production of New Ertiga until 8th Jan to clear Old stock ( No idea how credible that is ).

Last edited by JS Kwt : 2nd January 2019 at 11:07.
Old 2nd January 2019, 19:00   #715
BANNED

Quote:
Was very happy to read your post regarding the body panels . The old Ertiga was more or less ok but it did dent easily. At that time , it was made much better than the Swift and desire. Now hearing that the new Ertiga felt stronger is definitely a plus point. More over , it will give the Maruti bashers something to ponder upon. Thanks for the information
Body panels are thick enough and unlikely to dent easily.

Nevertheless, ertiga is 60-70 kgs lighter than BRV, and 120 kgs lighter than Lodgy.

So not sure about overall build quality. Hopefully it will go for ncap rating soon, and we will know better.

PYSO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 19:10   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Body panels are thick enough and unlikely to dent easily.

Nevertheless, ertiga is 60-70 kgs lighter than BRV, and 120 kgs lighter than Lodgy.

So not sure about overall build quality. Hopefully it will go for ncap rating soon, and we will know better.

Thanks, I have lived with the old ertiga for sometime. So anything better is definitely a thumbs up. I have an ecosport as well and thats built like a rock. I dont expect that much but reasonable build quality will do . Any thoughts on the boot door. That was a weak link on the previous version
Old 2nd January 2019, 19:15   #717
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks, I have lived with the old ertiga for sometime. So anything better is definitely a thumbs up. I have an ecosport as well and thats built like a rock. I dont expect that much but reasonable build quality will do .
IIRC, the old ertiga was 4 star rated.

I would have presumed equally good rating for the new ertiga. But the fly in the ointment is that the new swift based on the same new heartect platform got a 2 star rating. Thus, all the fears in the minds of potential buyers.

Also, suzuki harping on the new 'lightweight' platform, has worked to raise suspicions as to whether weight reduction has been achieved by compromising on safety. Hopefully all the fears would be laid to rest soon.

Old 2nd January 2019, 19:43   #718
BHPian

Quote:
I would have presumed equally good rating for the new ertiga. But the fly in the ointment is that the new swift based on the same new heartect platform got a 2 star rating.Also, suzuki harping on the new 'lightweight' platform, has worked to raise suspicions as to whether weight reduction has been achieved by compromising on safety. Hopefully all the fears would be laid to rest soon.

My 2 cents. Swift scored badly because they didn't have Airbags and ABS,Isofix on the base variants . I suspect that's why the new Ertiga has them from the LXI/LDI versions. Secondly i don't think tough metal relates to safety entirely. So lets see how it goes. I hope they achieve the same as the old version in terms of safety ratings.
Old 2nd January 2019, 19:58   #719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
IIRC, the old ertiga was 4 star rated.
Not the made for India version. So we don't really know.

This new one may not score big on safety, all due to Swift (and HEARTECT) platform.
Old 2nd January 2019, 20:09   #720
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Swift scored badly because they didn't have Airbags and ABS,Isofix on the base variants .
That's the old Swift.

The new generation Swift, based on the Heartect platform was tested with dual airbags and ABS (which is standard) and received only 2 stars.

Here's the thread for details - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...obal-ncap.html (New Maruti Swift gets just 2-stars in the Global NCAP)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 2nd January 2019 at 20:11.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks