Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2019, 08:53   #736
BANNED

Dear rich heart, many thanks for your reply.
Just FYI, I have asked the same query on another thread, review of Ertiga Zxi with this smart hybrid tech. You can also kindly refer to that also for your interest.

Thank you.
norhog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 13:25   #737
BHPian

Re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs

Has anyone received delivery of the 2019 manufactured Ertiga or any timelines ? My SA seems to be tight lipped .
Old 11th January 2019, 08:29   #738
BHPian

Good news for all of you who have booked the new Ertiga...as per today's Times of India first page clipping 'The recently launched version of Ertiga has been left out of the hike'
CarStruck is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 09:46   #739
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post
Good news for all of you who have booked the new Ertiga...as per today's Times of India first page clipping 'The recently launched version of Ertiga has been left out of the hike'
Glad it went this way, and all earlier speculations of 35-45k hike were proved false. Generally any new launch, doesn't see any major price changes, atleast during the initial days. The manufacturers account for any impending hike during the initial pricing only.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 01:31   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
And If it may sound a bit of relief - the RMs were speculating that MAYBE the Ertiga prices won't be hiked.
As they thought the Ertiga prices were out in Late November , so it must have been calculated in accordance with the rising Costs. Also they felt the Company might not hike the prices of a New Launch so quickly.

So lets keep fingers crossed and hope the New Ertiga prices aren't Hiked.
Welcome News for New Ertiga aspirants
It seems MS wants to push the record spate of New Ertiga's bookings forward into 2019.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post
Good news ... 'The recently launched version of Ertiga has been left out of the hike'
Thanks for the Good News.
Now, Looking forward to the Ertiga CNG and Ertiga Sport launch.
Old 12th January 2019, 13:31   #741
BHPian

Yesterday got a call from the Crm team at the Maruti Dealership where i booked my Ertiga . Apparently Allotments are going to begin for 2019 and they are reconfirming bookings before that. Once dispatched it will take 12 days for the car to reach Chennai from the Factory. They mentioned that the waiting period has moved to 16 weeks but giving priority to people who have booked in Dec . Hoping for the best.

On a different note,i remember reading an article by Autocar India. It said that Maruti has increased prices along the line up upto 10,000 INR. They did not mention exclusion of the New Ertiga.

Last edited by keshav1426 : 12th January 2019 at 13:35.
Old 12th January 2019, 17:38   #742
Senior - BHPian

I went to the showroom to ask about loan and get a general idea about the status. (Car booked on 14 Dec)

- Official statement from dealer sent in a mail in the morning that tentative delivery date is 20/3/19. After talking about this face to face, he said since I have done the booking in December, chances are I will get the car early, probably by third week of February. So fingers crossed.

- The Sales representative said the car's price has increased by 11k. When I told him that I read in news-paper that Ertiga has been spared, he said its not out yet but by the time car is dispatched from the factory, the ex-showroom price will be different. I have asked for a written quote again on revised ex-showroom and will be probably cross check with Maruti Suzuki directly. But members can confirm on the same. I have told him I will not initiate any monetary transaction till I get the confirmation that the car is in stockyard or VIN is assigned, to which they said they anyway don't accept any money before a VIN is assigned to buyer.

- I will not get 2018 manufactured car as per the dealer as all MY2018 cars are now sold out.

- The display car Zdi+ at the dealer was also sold. But I did see a Vxi and Vdi model in the garage of the dealership.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 21:37   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
I went to the showroom to ask about loan and get a general idea about the status. (Car booked on 14 Dec)
- The display car Zdi+ at the dealer was also sold. But I did see a Vxi and Vdi model in the garage of the dealership.
Which variant did you opt for and colour if you don't mind me asking. For me it's the zxi+ MT ,colour magma Grey or Blue whichever is dispatched first
Old 13th January 2019, 00:13   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Which variant did you opt for and colour if you don't mind me asking.
I have booked the Zxi+ variant in White (they call it Arctic white if I'm not mistaken)
Old 13th January 2019, 13:27   #745
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked the Zxi+ variant in White (they call it Arctic white if I'm not mistaken)
Unlucky for us that the top end variants have the maximum demand and waiting period .
Old 14th January 2019, 11:42   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unlucky for us that the top end variants have the maximum demand and waiting period .
Yes, Its a bit frustrating, I had booked the car as early as possible so that I could get the car in February, all factors considered. The interesting point was they first sent a mail stating tentative delivery date as 20/4/2019 then re-sent another mail with date changed to 20/3/2019. I could clearly spot the change in font size for the delivery date, meaning they are just sharing one template of mail across for all bookings and changing dates at their will.

Meanwhile, I pity the guy who bought the display model. Although it was not driven, the interiors were abused a lot, I mean, I saw kids playing with the sliding seats going back and forth and literally converting the reclining seat into a slide. The music system was manhandled too.
Old 14th January 2019, 11:57   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Its a bit frustrating, I had booked the car as early as possible so that I could get the car in February, all factors considered. I saw kids playing with the sliding seats going back and forth and literally converting the reclining seat into a slide. The music system was manhandled too.
I did get some inside information that the dealer usually quotes the maximum possible time frame so that we dont get agitated . When they mention 4 months , it usually means that the car will be delivered in 2.5 months give or take a few days. I have kept my colour options open so that i can pick the initial top end models which comes from the factory.
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 17:30   #748
BHPian

Quick questions on the typical marurti process:

I believe allotment happens when the car is dispatched from the factory with an intention to be delivered to a specific customer. One makes a down payment at this point in time. Is this the correct understanding? Is there an explicit allotment advice given or is it just verbal communication?

Once the vehicle arrives at the dealer stockyard - a week to ten days post dispatch, one can do a PDI before approving registration and release the remaining payment. Registration takes approx 3 - 4 working days. Post which one takes delivery as per convenience.

Is this the normal flow? We booked towards the end of December, were communicated a wait period of 12 - 14 weeks, Now the sales guy calls today and says he can make it happen by Jan end. It's a VXi. Now, i need to rework my travel plans.

Last edited by cyberwhizs : 14th January 2019 at 17:31.
cyberwhizs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 17:58   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Quick questions on the typical marurti process:

I believe allotment happens when the car is dispatched from the factory with an intention to be delivered to a specific customer. One makes a down payment at this point in time. Is this the correct understanding? Is there an explicit allotment advice given or is it just verbal communication?Now, i need to rework my travel plans.
I dont think these cars are made to order. The Dealership gets an approximate number of vehicles based on demand. Common colors might be more than others. The Supply chain guys will have an idea of which variants sell more than others and so on. Booking list wont leave the dealership and its only used for allotment once the cars leave the factory.Regarding the PDI, it also depends on where their stockyard is and if they are willing to bring it to the showroom. For Chennai,it takes 12 days for the vehicle to get from the factory to the dealership. Priority seems to be given for Dec bookings.

Last edited by keshav1426 : 14th January 2019 at 18:12.
Old 14th January 2019, 23:06   #750
BHPian

Quote:
I do not think these cars are made to order.
Well, that i am aware of that i.e. mass market cars are not made to order. I believe Maruti tracks the individual orders; which was the reason for my query. When one books one receives the docket number. It is the docket number which may be trackable by Maruti's dealers.

I just wanted to cross check the typical payment schedule used by maruti dealerships, ergo my previous post.
Thanks

Last edited by cyberwhizs : 14th January 2019 at 23:08.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed