Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2019, 17:09   #766
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs

25 Ertiga's join Gurugram police. Details here -

https://twitter.com/gurgaonpolice/st...345646592?s=19
Attached Thumbnails
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-img_20190125_170643.jpg  

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-img_20190125_171116.jpg  

Last edited by BoneCollector : 25th January 2019 at 17:38.
BoneCollector is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 17:12   #767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Ertiga joins Gurugram police. Details here -
Looks cool, indeed, I've been seeing a lot of new Ertiga's on the road, they sure are a head turner: 2/3rds the Crysta in size at 1/3rds the Price: that's the new Ertiga!

Last edited by Durango Dude : 25th January 2019 at 17:16.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 20:25   #768
Distinguished - BHPian

New Ertiga demand soars, booking reaches 55,000. Waiting period pegged at 28 weeks.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 12:56   #769
Senior - BHPian

How useful is automatic AC in Ertiga? I read somewhere that second row blower is not part of automatic climate control. So is it worth spending extra on a ZD model over VD model for the sake of climate control?
Old 26th January 2019, 20:54   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
How useful is automatic AC in Ertiga? I read somewhere that second row blower is not part of automatic climate control. So is it worth spending extra on a ZD model over VD model for the sake of climate control?
If. Big if. my memory serves me right, the second row controls are manual and the same in VXi/ZXi. Auto climate control is good to have, unless you are ok to keep fiddling with the air conditioner switch, thermostat and blower speed buttons.

VXi loses out on some cosmetic stuff - chrome - on door handles, rear tailgate. alloys. faux wood finish on the dashboard - it looks good.

The basic touch screen unit is same on VXi/ZXi , Only the ZXi+ variant gets the better one. The VXi loses out on tweeters.

Neither the VXi/ZXi get reverse camera, again available only on ZXi+.

Apart from that VXi loses out on fog lamps, rear wash/wipe, rear defogger, push button start and keyless entry, front seat arm rest and charger point for the 3rd row.

The difference between VXi and ZXi is 90,000 or thereabouts, fog lamps, faux wood, reverse camera etc are available albeit pricey. The one key miss is the rear wash/wipe - defogger which cannot not be retrofitted on VXi. And if you can live with that, then VXi is the value for money option.

Hope this helps, i know you are looking for VD/ZD variants but i think it would be same/similar to VXi/ZXi.

Last edited by cyberwhizs : 26th January 2019 at 21:01.
cyberwhizs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 17:49   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I was in a similar confusion, having used the automatic climate control in my Beat for some years, I can say its a good feature to have as you don't have to fiddle around finding the 'right' temperature in the cabin, as in, you can set it to 23 degrees and the computer will take care of it. For example, you take your car out in the morning when its cold and it becomes hot outside after some time (you are driving for a few hours), you will be manually adjusting the knob to cool the cabin in case of manual mode. Some say it also helps save fuel as the compressor kicks in only when needed (I am not sure about that though). Not that adjusting manually is a big task, just a 'good to have' feature and looks premium too.

Coming to Ertiga's V and Z model, my personal opinion is either get the Z+ or the V variant, as the Z variant offers only some 'good to have' features like alloy wheels, Automatic climate control, armrest and just one 'useful' feature which is the rear washer-wiper. The Z+ with around 40k more (petrol) gives the most important feature: rear camera with future ready music player.

The wait is getting longer. I was promised February 1st week initially, but then it got postponed to March and now I read that waiting time has increased even more :(

By the way, I am told that the audio player has only 2 years warranty and it is not covered in the extended warranty. My friend's Renault Duster covered that in his extended warranty.
NiInJa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 20:56   #772
BHPian

Found this review on YouTube . What was interesting was that the car has 16 inch alloys similar to the ciaz and the reviewer says that it can be exchanged with the stock 15" alloys. If it's true then it's a neat deal and makes the car look more mature.
keshav1426 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 21:43   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Looks cool, indeed, I've been seeing a lot of new Ertiga's on the road, they sure are a head turner: 2/3rds the Crysta in size at 1/3rds the Price: that's the new Ertiga!
1/2 the power and 1/4th safety of Crysta as well
peus017 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 01:14   #774
BHPian

Dear all, I need advice on my booking.
I booked Ertiga on 1st Dec and there is no news about ETA. Unfortunately, I have to travel out of country on work for 2-3 weeks.

If the vehicle is allotted to me during this time, I will be in a fix.
If I wait to take delivery after my return and forego the unit allotted, will I lose seniority of booking? With very few units trickling in and waiting time is raising exponentially, is it worth taking this option?

Or is it possible for delegate this process to someone who I trust? In other words, is my physical presence mandatory? Or can I plan to do partial payment and block the unit and complete all formalities post my return?

Please share your experiences and advice.
rich_heart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 07:45   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
I booked Ertiga on 1st Dec and there is no news about ETA. Unfortunately, I have to travel out of country on work for 2-3 weeks.
Please share your experiences and advice.
I am pretty much in the same situation as you. I booked the car on the 27th of December and there is no sign of it. I suggest you check with the dealer. Once the car is dispatched from the factory ,it would normally take a week to 2 weeks for it to reach the dealer. In the meantime ,you may ask your relative or friend to have a look at it once it reaches and then you can come and take delivery .
You would only be required to sign the registration papers and submit appropriate ID and address proof . Delivery can also be taken by someone else if you send an email authorizing them to do so. Hope this information helps. As a last resort , you can also plan to register your car in your spouses name if your not available .
keshav1426 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 08:36   #776
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
There are many people who are interested in buying it ..
Everybody is entitled to share their preferences and statements. Yes, as you had mentioned Maruti does not need even the mighty ‘God’s’ approval to sell (in large numbers) cars in India. It is something like ‘natural selection’. Most of the first time buyers go for a Maruti and there are hell lot of Maruti loyalists in our country. Any comment on safety always goes unnoticed in any Maruti specific threads, but the same safety gets more discussion in other manufacturers thread.

I think people are getting more concerned about safety now, more with the things which needs an investment. Gone are the days of just more features, coming are the days of safety features along with other features. Even though the comment was a one liner, it had the very most important thing ‘safety’. By now we all would be knowing the difference between Nexa and other Maruti offerings. But that does not mean you should not buy a Maruti, even team-bhp does not say so. You can buy the car you love, but team-bhp cannot guarantee you that you will recieve only praises for that. As we say ‘take it or leave it’, I meant about the comments.

Last edited by SDP : 29th January 2019 at 10:07. Reason: Quoted post deleted. So making corresponding changes.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 13:17   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
I would suggest to have a word with the dealer on this, he will definitely come up with some idea. Most probably they will ask you to make the payment to which I would say that you better take the car in your possession with the help of a close relative if possible, you can complete the registration and other things once you are back, but the car will be with your relative till that time. In case of my booking, they took a written letter from me authorizing my wife to make the booking payment as the booking cheque belonged to her account, they took her Aadhar card copy as well. Something like that can be worked out.

I don't think they will do something like handing it over to another buyer just because you delay it by a few weeks.
Old 30th January 2019, 14:43   #778
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
I would say that you better take the car in your possession with the help of a close relative if possible, you can complete the registration and other things once you are back, but the car will be with your relative till that time. In case of my booking, they took a written letter from me authorizing my wife to make the booking payment as the booking cheque belonged to her account, they took her Aadhar card copy as well. Something like that can be worked out.
But in that case, PDI will be gone for a toss right. Otherwise whoever responsible for taking the delivery of the car should ensure a PDI to be done once the car reaches the dealership.
Old 30th January 2019, 16:21   #779
BHPian

I finally took a test drive of the New Ertiga . My observations compared to the old one .

1. Suspension is a bit stiffer
2. Brakes felt a little spongy compared to the old version.
3. Space has increased in the second and third row.
4. Boot space : with a lot of clever tricks , the boot seems more
usable now. I don't find the width to have increased too much but it has gotten deeper. The 3rd row recline does give it some flexibility.
5. Body Panels : The build quality did seem marginally better than the old Ertiga . It's not in the league of Ecosport ( which I own ) but definitely not as bad as Swift .The boot felt heavier than the
previous version and doors were also of acceptable quality ( Read
no flexing )
6. The car was a breeze to drive and the smoothness was noticed in city. It took minor potholes with ease and felt alot more stable . The older version had some up and down movement which was very well controlled here.

Hope these points help prospective buyers. The waiting period is around 18-20 weeks and the maximum wait is for the zxi+/zdi+ variants .

Last edited by keshav1426 : 30th January 2019 at 16:32. Reason: Alignment
keshav1426 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 22:01   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
I finally took a test drive of the New Ertiga . My observations compared to the old one.
Hope these points help prospective buyers. The waiting period is around 18-20 weeks and the maximum wait is for the zxi+/zdi+ variants .
I also found the clutch to be very light on the petrol MT which makes city driving very easy . Somehow I didn't feel like I was driving an MPV.
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks