Team-BHP - BMW 330i Gran Turismo M Sport launched at Rs. 49.40 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   BMW 330i Gran Turismo M Sport launched at Rs. 49.40 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/191484-bmw-330i-gran-turismo-m-sport-launched-rs-49-40-lakh.html)

BMW has launched the 330i Gran Turismo M Sport in India. It is priced at Rs. 49.40 lakh (ex-showroom, India).

BMW 330i Gran Turismo M Sport launched at Rs. 49.40 lakh-new-bmw-330i-gran-turismo-m-sport.jpg

The 330i Gran Turismo M Sport comes fitted with the M aerodynamic package as standard and it rides on 18-inch M star spoke alloy wheels. The kidney grille is finished in high-gloss black and the car gets chrome exhaust tips at the rear. M badges on the front fenders help differentiate it from the standard 3-Series Gran Turismo. It also gets a unique key with an M strip.

Moving to the interior, the M Sport package includes sport seats for the driver and front passenger. It comes with a multifunction leather steering wheel with the M logo, an 8.8-inch touchscreen iDrive interface with BMW navigation system and 3D maps, a unique headliner in Anthracite finish and M door sill plates. Head-up display is fitted as standard on this variant.

The 330i Gran Turismo M Sport is powered by a 2.0-litre, turbocharged 4-cylinder petrol engine that produces 248 BHP @ 5,200 rpm and 350 Nm of torque @ 1,450 - 4,800 rpm. The engine is paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission which can be operated via paddles positioned behind the steering wheel. The vehicle is claimed to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 6.1 seconds.

Some of the standard features offered on this variant include cruise control with braking function, parking sensors with rear camera, ABS with brake assist, DSC, traction control, cornering brake control, 6 airbags, side impact protection, run flat tyres and ISOFIX child seat mounts among others. This vehicle comes with features like auto start/stop and brake energy regeneration. Additionally, the driver can select from four driving modes - Comfort, ECO PRO, Sport and Sport+.

The BMW 330i Gran Turismo M Sport is available in two colour options - Alpine White and Estoril Blue.

Link to Team-BHP News

WOW. With this, BMW makes the Skoda Octavia RS a huge VFM. No wonder it got sold out very quickly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pontiac (Post 4290591)
WOW. With this, BMW makes the Skoda Octavia RS a huge VFM. No wonder it got sold out very quickly.

I agree with your view. With the vRS you get the same real world performance at half the cost. Also , the vRS has all the features/functions as that of the BMW.
Ok, so it is a BMW, but 30 lacs for a badge is just too much. That is enough money to buy another vRS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pontiac (Post 4290591)

Also I don't see how this will sell given the brand new generation 5-series is available at almost the same price. The 530i retails for 52 Lakhs, while this one is only 2 Lakhs cheaper. The 5 is more than a class higher, being based on the 7 series platform and offers as much if not more rear seat space as the GT. Plus features like Gesture Control, next generation iDrive, the same 0-100 time (6.1 seconds), launch control, adaptive dampers, display key et. al. If BMW discounts this car heavily they have a chance to sell a few units, I guess. Also I guess a few folks who are absolutely keen on a shorter body and a bit lighter weight and the bit of handling enhancement that comes with it may pick it up.

Not only is the VRS half the price for the performance but it is also better looking IMO. The GT Beemer's are weirdly proportioned. Also, the GT line is softer than a standard 3, would make more sense to launch the Msport for the normal 3 series if they haven't done that yet.
I would rather buy the S5 if it is still available.

No point in comparing this with the vRS. The normal 3 is much better for a comparison. The GT is much more practical kind of car with higher gc, huge boot and much more space in the rear (than even the 5 series). This is also quite well loaded, one nice feature is the digital instrument cluster which is now standard on the 3gt luxury and M sport. Seems they have just added this to the 3gt, and the 320d luxury line.