Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2019, 12:06   #61
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Karoq SUV caught in India

Equivalents between VW and Skoda to my understanding . I may not be correct though

xxxx - Kodiaq
Passat – Superb
Tiguan - xxx
Jetta - Octavia
T roc - Karoq
T cross - Kamiq
Rapid - Vento
Old 20th August 2019, 13:05   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
Equivalents between VW and Skoda to my understanding . I may not be correct though

xxxx - Kodiaq
Passat – Superb
Tiguan - xxx
Jetta - Octavia
T roc - Karoq
T cross - Kamiq
Rapid - Vento
This is my understanding to be honest -

Tiguan All Space - Kodiaq
Tiguan - Karoq

The Karoq is going to have its work cut out for it if it competes with the Tiguan. Post discounts the Tiguan HL can be had for the same price as the Octavia L&K diesel (depending on your negotiation skills), offering much more kit and practicality.
A 10% premium for a Skoda with blander interiors will be a hardsell, but it is possible, as the Tiguan looks very bland for a lot of buyers.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 14:26   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Will the Karoq be slotted between Rapid and Octavia?
If Skoda follow their pricing strategy from EU, the Karoq will be positioned between Octavia and Superb. Since Skoda is planning to bring only limited number of units, my guess is they will be offering only one fully loaded variant, hopefully in petrol and diesel. I expect prices to be high considering CBU + fully loaded variant combination.
Old 20th August 2019, 14:38   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post

Tiguan - xxx
Jetta - Octavia
T roc - Karoq
T cross - Kamiq
Rapid - Vento
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
This is my understanding to be honest -

Tiguan All Space - Kodiaq
Tiguan - Karoq

The Karoq is going to have its work cut out for it if it competes with the Tiguan. Post discounts the Tiguan HL can be had for the same price as the Octavia L&K diesel (depending on your negotiation skills), offering much more kit and practicality.
A 10% premium for a Skoda with blander interiors will be a hardsell, but it is possible, as the Tiguan looks very bland for a lot of buyers.

The below will be the equivalents:

Tiguan - Kodiaq
T ROC - Karoq
Old 21st August 2019, 10:20   #65
Senior - BHPian

As told by Skoda boss, the Karoq will come by mid-2020.
I am wondering whether they will get the turbo petrol engines or BS6 diesel. What are the plans for the Tiguan as it is only available with the diesel engine?
I hope this is priced close to Compass which will make it a good buy.
Old 3rd December 2019, 17:22   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Karoq India launch in April 2020

5-seater Karoq SUV to come with a BS6-compliant petrol engine.

Quote:
Karoq in India is expected to come with a BS6-compliant 150hp, 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol engine coupled with either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox. The manufacturer is also considering a diesel option for the future.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd December 2019 at 17:24.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 20:21   #67
BHPian

So they're bringing it in to bide time till the Octavia comes in.

Should be feature loaded. Any guesses on the pricing? I feel it would reach 30-32 lac on road in Mumbai.
TROOPER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 20:40   #68
BHPian

Skoda are on a roll with a slew of new car launches.
Sorry for going off topic.

Will the volkswagen tiguan be replaced by the 1.5 TSI as well beyond April 2020? Or will the Tiguan move to the Kodiaq segment with a 2.0 TSI engine? And the T-Roc will replace the Tiguan in it's segment?
Old 3rd December 2019, 21:55   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octy17 View Post
Will the volkswagen tiguan be replaced by the 1.5 TSI as well beyond April 2020? Or will the Tiguan move to the Kodiaq segment with a 2.0 TSI engine? And the T-Roc will replace the Tiguan in it's segment?
The Skoda Kodiaq and the Superb both are shifting to 2.0 TSI engine from next year and so it's quite likely that the Tiguan too will get the same engine. But VW/Skoda has said that they will launch the BS6 diesel engine at a later date.

I don't see the T Roc replacing the Tiguan because VW is launching the Tiguan Allspace in India so they will have 3 SUVs viz; T Cross, T Rock and the Allspace.

Source - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-engine-415134
Old 3rd December 2019, 23:17   #70
BHPian

Love its looks. Don't think it will be a big success. Unless they are content (which Skoda usually is) with the numbers Tiguan does. But Tiggy has diesel, only petrol will fail to do as well.
Old 3rd December 2019, 23:39   #71
Senior - BHPian

Rs 32 lakh? Well then the whole 100 customers waiting to buy it every month will be happy.
avishar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 10:07   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Skoda Karoq India launch in April 2020

I have been waiting for this car but I have my doubts now. How would the 2500 cars per year work? this is too small a volume to provide proper support. If all spares need to be imported from abroad, the already ill famous Skoda service would be even more stretched.
Old 4th December 2019, 11:32   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
I don't see the T Roc replacing the Tiguan because VW is launching the Tiguan Allspace in India so they will have 3 SUVs viz; T Cross, T Rock and the Allspace.
My two cents is that when the Tiguan AllSpace hits our shores it will likely be pitted against the Kodiaq. And the T-Roc should replace the Tiguan in it's segment. The T-Cross based SUV when it hits our shores will be positioned below the T-Roc.
Old 4th December 2019, 12:47   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit.shri View Post
I have been waiting for this car but I have my doubts now. How would the 2500 cars per year work? this is too small a volume to provide proper support. If all spares need to be imported from abroad, the already ill famous Skoda service would be even more stretched.
If I understand correctly, the 2500 limitation is on the entire company. Which means the allocation will include already confirmed 200 Units of Octavia vrs, rumored unknown units of T-roc under the VW brand (who will ask for a share) and any other experiments Skoda-VW is considering. Karoq will get only a portion. I won't be surprised with a 32 L price point given the volume ambition. Having driven a 1.5 Tsi Seat Ateca, I have been waiting for this one for a while. But at 32 Large it's more for the rich-boys than real customers. My Vento Tdi loves another day
Annibaddh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 15:20   #75
Senior - BHPian

It will be interesting to see how Skoda prices the Karoq since it is coming in as a CBU. In the Octavia RS245 thread, the price of the CBU RS is speculated to be about 36L ex-showroom. And the top-end Karoq 1.5TSI is €2k more expensive than the Octavia RS245 here. Just saying...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed