Team-BHP - Tata Hexa Downtown Urban edition coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 12.18 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Hexa Downtown Urban edition coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 12.18 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/191848-tata-hexa-downtown-urban-edition-coming-up-edit-launched-rs-12-18-lakh.html)

Tata Motors is planning to release Downtown Urban Edition of its SUV, HEXA. This would just be a cosmetic upgrade with no mechanical changes underneath.

Tata Hexa Downtown Urban edition coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 12.18 lakh-hexa1.jpg

List of cosmetic upgrades would be :

1. New Urban bronze color.
2. Two package options - Absolute and Indulge. It will be available in all the variants with the Indulge package and gets a host of new updates over and above the standard features.
3. Chrome treatment for headlamps, front grille, side body cladding and outside rear view mirrors.
4. Dedicated 'Downtown' badging
5. New 16-inch alloys and a side step.
6. Premium tan seat covers and new carpet set

Tata Hexa Downtown Urban edition coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 12.18 lakh-hexa-2.jpg

Tata Hexa Downtown Urban edition coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 12.18 lakh-hexa-3.jpg

Below tech features would be available exclusively for the top end XT and XTA trim

1. LED Heads-up Display (HUD)
2. Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
3. Wireless charging system
4. 10.1-inch display for rear seat passengers.

Tata Hexa Downtown Urban edition coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 12.18 lakh-hexa4.jpg

Company has not yet released the dates or the pricing.

Source including the pictures from TOI.

Tata Motors has launched the Hexa Downtown Urban Edition. The limited edition is available in two packages – Absolute and Indulge with prices starting from Rs. 12.18 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Tata Hexa Downtown Urban edition coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 12.18 lakh-image001.jpg

Both packages, are available across all variants of the Hexa. These include chrome inserts around the headlamps, tail lights and ORVMs, Downtown badges, side steps and wireless smartphone charging. Tata is also offering a carpet set and car care kit in the Downtown.

The XE, XM and XMA variants get tan seat covers as part of the Absolute package, while the Indulge package adds 16-inch alloy wheels. As part of the Indulge package, the XT and XTA variants get additional equipment including a rear seat entertainment package with two Blaupunkt players with 10.1-inch screens, head-up display and a tyre pressure monitoring system.

Tata Hexa Downtown Urban edition coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 12.18 lakh-image-2-feature-infographic.jpg

The Hexa Downtown Edition uses the same 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine as the regular Hexa. The base XE variant gets the same engine in a lower state of tune, producing 148 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 320 Nm of torque @ 1,500-3,000 rpm. In the XM and XT variants, the 2.2-litre diesel engine is tuned to produce 154 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 400 Nm of peak torque @ 1,700-2,700 rpm. The base variant comes with a 5-speed manual gearbox, while the XM and XT are offered with a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission. All-wheel drive is only available in the XT variant.

The Tata Hexa Downtown Urban Edition is offered in a new colour called Urban Bronze.

Link to Team-BHP News

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie (Post 4294952)
List of cosmetic upgrades would be :

5. New 16-inch alloys and a side step.

Attachment 1689702TOI.

Car seems to have same size 19" as the current version, or am I missing something here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by giri1.8 (Post 4299205)
Car seems to have same size 19" as the current version, or am I missing something here?

This is what Autocar mentions.
Maybe it's for the lower trims only.

Quote:

On the lower-spec XE, XM and XMA trims, the Absolute package adds new tan seat covers, while the Indulge package on the lower variants gets them new 16-inch alloy wheels. The top-spec XT and XTA trims, with the Indulge package, come with two Blaupunkt 10.1-inch infotainment screens for the rear and a dashboard-mounted heads-up display that provides speed limit alerts, battery voltage and tyre pressure information.

Here's the link

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...18-lakh-406370

Quote:

3. Wireless charging system
Correct me if I'm wrong but wireless charging will be useful only for the phones which support it, right? Else it's not a pretty useful feature.

Here are a few phones which support wireless charging

Quote:

Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
Samsung Galaxy S7 Active
LG G6 (U.S. versions)
Moto Z (with Mod)
Moto Z Play (with Mod)
Moto Z2 Force (with Mod)
Moto Z2 Play (with Mod)

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.a...charging%3famp

Quote:

Originally Posted by glikithvinayaka (Post 4299209)
This is what Autocar mentions.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wireless charging will be useful only for the phones which support it, right? Else it's not a pretty useful feature.

Here are a few phones which support wireless charging

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.a...charging%3famp

Another very important addition to these,

iPhone 8/8 Plus and the iPhone X

Quote:

Originally Posted by agambhandari (Post 4299248)
Another very important addition to these,

iPhone 8/8 Plus and the iPhone X

Oh yes, how did I forget these flagshipsstupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by glikithvinayaka (Post 4299209)

Here are a few phones which support wireless charging.

FYI, any phone can be made wireless charging compatible for less that 500 rupees. In my opinion, this is a very good feature to have and pretty soon every car manufacturer will be offering this as a feature.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samaspire (Post 4299261)
FYI, any phone can be made wireless charging compatible for less that 500 rupees. In my opinion, this is a very good feature to have and pretty soon every can manufacturer will be offering this as a feature.

Wasn't aware of this. If any phone can be made wireless charge compatible, then it is a pretty useful feature.

Was reading how to make a phone wireless charging compatible, found this interesting article

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.gadge...akamai-rum=off

At 12.18L ex-showroom this product seems to offer tremendous value, hope it picks up the volume Tata wishes to achieve, good job TATA Motors :thumbs up

The Hexa Downtown Urban Edition on display at Prerana Motors.

Tata Hexa Downtown Urban edition coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 12.18 lakh-1.jpg

Tata Hexa Downtown Urban edition coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 12.18 lakh-2.jpg

Tata Hexa Downtown Urban edition coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 12.18 lakh-3.jpg

Tata Hexa Downtown Urban edition coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 12.18 lakh-4.jpg

Tata Hexa Downtown Urban edition coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 12.18 lakh-5.jpg

Tata Hexa Downtown Urban edition coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 12.18 lakh-6.jpg

Tata Hexa Downtown Urban edition coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 12.18 lakh-7.jpg

Pics courtesy Prashant Kumar on Whatsapp.

The HUD feels like a patch job and I was thinking of something in line of how it gets projected on windscreen ala BMW. Else, Hexa continues to power in the VFM quotient!

The color looks fabulous. They need to get this one included in the regular color palette.

Slowly and surely Hexa is getting established in the market. There is plenty of room for improvement but looks like the numbers are getting stabilized. As always the bigger factor is going to be the after sales and service experience of the owners which will help in improving the perception about Tata Motors' service quality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by giri1.8 (Post 4299205)

The XE and XM trims come with 16" alloys - it's only the XT variant that has 19" alloy wheels!

The Hexa Downtown Urban Edition looks good and these features ae great. The car is a good performer I hear. So tempted, if this was available 3 months back would have gone for it. For now, I'm trying to source the gorgeous Hexa steering leather for my Nexon, LOL.