Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2006, 10:59   #46
BANNED

Honda is doing what Skoda, Hyundai, Maruti etc.. did to us.

Skoda launched the Octavia's new model with a 4lakhs higher price tag. They even had the guts to call it with a new funny name.
Hyundai launched the new accent with a slightly higher (but very attractive) price tag and again, a new name. And the Terracan went thru some very minor dressing up and was given a 2-3L higher price tag.
Maruti launched several generations of Alto with a different price tag and different names.

Now, the baton has been taken by Honda. Atleast they didn't give it a new name.
No! We're not amused by the new design, features or pricetag. The older CRV! Can Honda please relaunch it with some different name and keep the pricetag older too?
Old 19th December 2006, 13:02   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
I think it's time Honda thought about getting the Odyssey to fill the gap between the Civic and the CR-V/Accord.

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...elName=Odyssey

Shan2nu
I think Honda will face a perception problem if they price this higher than the innova/safari range. There is no luxo-MUV market segment (around 12L) in India as of now.

Though Honda Odyssey and Mits Grandis can create one together.
Old 19th December 2006, 13:14   #48
BHPian

i wonder how many of those criticising the CRV are actual buying customers. a friend went to buy one with money in hand, but they are all sold out in delhi, the earliest delivery they can give now is the end of january. and if they give some interior options and some more features like the US market car, then it becomes even more attractive,
is is expensive, as the fully loaded top line version only costs about 25,000 dollars in the USA .
but then, we pay 105%? customs duty plus sundry other state taxes.so about half of what honda charges us goes straight to the government. not bad value now is it?
Old 19th December 2006, 13:24   #49
BANNED

Forget Odyssey for now. It won't happen in a hurry here.
Accord is more earlier predicted to arrive. The pricetag increase will spoil every goodies of that car. Even the reshaped A$$ and Cleavage!
Old 21st December 2006, 06:59   #50
BHPian

Quote:
I think it's time Honda thought about getting the Odyssey to fill the gap between the Civic and the CR-V/Accord.

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...elName=Odyssey

Shan2nu
For what its worth, even the base Odyssey LX (~$25.6K) is more expensive than the CRV EX 4x4 (~$24K) in the US. Odyssey is also much bigger than the CRV. The new CRV looks so much smaller and like Hyundai Tucson.

Honda has to bring in some other model equivalent of Toyota Innova to bridge the gap. I forget the model name now, but they do have something similar in Japan.
Old 21st December 2006, 12:46   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For what its worth, even the base Odyssey LX (~$25.6K) is more expensive than the CRV EX 4x4 (~$24K) in the US.
Thats bcos the Odyssey there is a 3.5 ltr V6 with 244bhp. We don't need that kinda power here.

If they could give us a 2ltr engine with 140bhp (like the first CR-V that was launched here), it would be a lot cheaper.

But i guess Honda is concentrating more on a small car now, since thats where the real market is.

Shan2nu
Old 21st December 2006, 22:35   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Thats bcos the Odyssey there is a 3.5 ltr V6 with 244bhp. We don't need that kinda power here. Shan2nu
You think? The Odyssey with that power is still slow because its a heavy vehicle. The Ody with the four banger will have a 0-100kmph in the Safari range (18s?). I think the decontented Honda Elysion my be a better option (or the previous generation Ody).

Checkout:

VWvortex Forums: Honda Elysion

for Elysion.
Old 22nd December 2006, 05:44   #53
BHPian

I saw this car in the newspaper couple of days ago. It really got my attention. I really wanted to know more about it on the internet
Nikhilb : thanks for that link
Old 24th December 2006, 00:56   #54
BHPian

uuuhhyuckk!!!!ugly duckling!!!!!
Old 24th December 2006, 11:35   #55
BHPian

New CRV off to a good start

Good value or expensive, the first month's (November) sales of the new CRV seems to be fantastic as per Autocar India - Jan 07. It says "the new CRV went straight to the top of the SUV segment selling 220 units".

Autocar India January has a road test of the CRV and says that it is a very good product.

The car looks fantastic in flesh. I saw a couple at the dealership and will be doing a test drive in the first week of Jan.

Honda is on a ROLL and it appears that anything they put out just sells and sells.
Old 30th December 2006, 17:21   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra View Post
Just spotted the new CRV near lajpat-nagar, in a <gulp..> baby pink colour.

was taken aback for a while, so no pics...
I think I spotted the same one today. It is the new/2007 CR-V. Two full-grown men came out of the pink CR-V!!! The paint job looks good, but why pink???? Was able to click a pic as it parked in front of my house.

ImageShack - Hosting :: 2007crvpinkva9.jpg
Old 5th January 2007, 10:16   #57
Team-BHP Support

Anyone have the on road prices here in bangalore?
Old 5th January 2007, 10:47   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
I think I spotted the same one today. It is the new/2007 CR-V. Two full-grown men came out of the pink CR-V!!! The paint job looks good, but why pink???? Was able to click a pic as it parked in front of my house.
Even I was shell-shocked to see a man driving it. I surely expected a well-dressed female behind the wheel.
Old 5th January 2007, 10:58   #59
BHPian

metrosexual men .. I guess
Old 5th January 2007, 13:41   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Anyone have the on road prices here in bangalore?
Price - Bangalore, On Road

Manual Transmission Rs. 20.82 lakhs

Auto Transmission Rs. 21.64 lakhs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks