Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2017, 16:06   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti-Suzuki introduces 5 years / 100,000 km extended warranty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
How do vehicle owners who already have the 4 years extended warranty upgrade to this? Do they just pay for the additional 1 year?
Yes, they can upgrade to 5th year EW plan. The price details are not available on website. Contact your nearest dealer. In my case, the dealer could get the price after entering my car details in their system.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 16:08   #17
BHPian

The link mentions that one of the pre-conditions for availing this scheme is that the vehicle should not have met with an accident.

Any idea on how severe an accident are they talking about?
Are there any levels of severity on which accidents can be classified?
Old 2nd November 2017, 18:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I can see the Ritz being mentioned so it must be for existing buyers as well. What are Maruti's service interval ? I think with the extended warranty Maruti service center will have to strictly perform their service duties when the car comes in for servicing lest anything fails due to neglect once the car becomes older then 1-2 years. All the owner has to do is to take care not to void the warranty.
Its only Ritz Lxi and Ldi mentioned which was still sold to the taxi market after Ritz was taken off. People who have bought their cars more than 2 years back cannot opt for it for any of the cars.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 20:01   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

What's not covered?
Maruti-Suzuki introduces 5 years / 100,000 km extended warranty!-img_20171102_195601.jpg
Humming noise in any component is not covered under extended warranty. Maruti is playing it smart here. Few years back, Maruti was not able to diagnose humming noise in gearbox of my SX4 and finally replaced full GB under EW. It was not a major issue though, as the noise was very mild. If it was today, I might not have got warranty
Dr.Naren is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 11:40   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Following are the parts that are not covered under Extended Warranty program:

Insignificant defects which do not affect the function of the vehicle including
without limitation, sound, vibration and fluid seep etc.
My best guess is this means damage caused due to oil leakage (e.g. sump damage).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomson13 View Post
The link mentions that one of the pre-conditions for availing this scheme is that the vehicle should not have met with an accident.
That's just a blanket condition. But if your car was rear-ended and some part fails at the front, it should & will be covered by the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Humming noise in any component is not covered under extended warranty.
BMW explicitly says that 'rattles' aren't included in their warranty coverage .
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 13:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
What's not covered?
Maruti-Suzuki introduces 5 years / 100,000 km extended warranty!-maruti.jpg
Sorry for being off topic but I have this OCD that I just don't like it when BRAKE is spelt as BREAK. Maruti making this spelling mistake in their official communication is just blasphemy in my view!
anshumandun is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 14:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

This is nothing but a revenue game playing into buyer psyche. ( not just Maruti - the industry itself )

Extended warranty, AMC are all new avenues car makers are looking to cash in to generate non-core sales revenue.

Insurance, financing was the earlier favourite but with increased consumer awareness and digital disruption of these industries, these have been decreasing revenue streams.

Enter - EW, AMC - which a consumer can never "shop around for " or "negotiate". You can scream at the dealer to waive or reduce handling charges but not this one.

This also gels well with the current generation's buying behavior of "un-bundled" services. We all like it if we are put forth a choice of "add-on" options we can buy/choose/select on top of the basic service we are buying. This is common from food, electronics/mobile phones/air tickets etc. We want to see the basic product price and then a few add-ons at additional price points which we can choose from.

Mentally, it gives us a feeling of having used our brains to decide what we wanted and having paid ONLY for what we chose.

Enough said.
narayan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 15:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Great move by Maruti. As they seek to premiumize their vehicles, they better start offering the peace of mind that comes with a longer extended warranty.

I think the EW makes sense, and I do buy it for all my vehicles.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 15:22   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Sorry for being off topic but I have this OCD that I just don't like it when BRAKE is spelt as BREAK. Maruti making this spelling mistake in their official communication is just blasphemy in my view!
At least the have not written BAKRE
CarJunki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 18:35   #25
BHPian

Is it available for customers who've not opted for extended warranty but car is in initial warranty period?
Old 3rd November 2017, 19:47   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklist View Post
Is it available for customers who've not opted for extended warranty but car is in initial warranty period?
It is available for all the customers, provided the car is within 2 years/40k km from the date of purchase
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 10:38   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

For me, the 2 things that dictate whether EW is worth it or not are - Reliability, Cost of spares. The MS cars in my circle all have been reliable, and cost of spares is reasonable too, so don't see much value for majority of MS products. With EW, you are bound to their service centres. And we all know that they are neither cheap nor honest. I, for one, have never opted for Extended warranties for MS products and probably never will (provided I buy a new one now ).
Dry Ice is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 10:44   #28
BHPian

We Indians get a raw deal indeed. Toyota in foreign countries gives a 7 year, 100,000 miles unlimited mileage warranty
Old 6th November 2017, 16:12   #29
BHPian

I am glad that this launched as an official service from MSIL. Extended warranty was being offered on Marutis before as well, but it was something provided at the dealer level and it was not from MSIL.

We bought an Alto K10 in September, and the dealer offered EW as if it was a standard MSIL offering. I later downloaded the product manual for the Alto and found the following statement:

Quote:
(5) Extent of Warranty:
This warranty is the entire written warranty given by Maruti Suzuki
for Maruti Suzuki vehicles and no dealer or its or his agent or
employee is authorised to extend or enlarge this warranty and no
dealer or its or his agent or employee is authorised to make any
oral warranty on Maruti Suzuki’s behalf.
When I went back I confirmed that it was the dealer that was providing the EW and not MSIL. I told them I was not interested in it. Now that MSIL is providing the EW, I might consider it just at the end of the standard warranty period.

EW for Marutis might actually impact its image in the long run. If customers are being sold EW by scaring them about exorbitant repair costs (within 5 years), then they might wonder why they considered a Maruti in the first place!!

Last edited by datvichrox2 : 6th November 2017 at 16:19. Reason: additions
Old 6th November 2017, 20:18   #30
BHPian

Quote:
It is available for all the customers, provided the car is within 2 years/40k km from the date of purchase
Plus another condition is: Vehicle should not have met with an accident during this period at the time of buying extended warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks