Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2019, 23:22   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Curious which app you use to track these?
Fuelly from Apple Store.

Last edited by SmartCat : 8th June 2019 at 09:49. Reason: Edited for clarity
gokuldasm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 02:10   #227
BHPian

Re: The Tata Nexon AMT

My Nov 2018 Nexon diesel AMT does not move either forward or in reverse when the door is open.It looks like a lame attempt of a safety feature.Is there any way around this like in the case of the front door gets damaged and you can't drive around to get to a safe spot due to this, also many old school drivers tend to reverse park in tight spaces keeping the door slightly open to judge the clearance.
BeingHuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 08:41   #228
BHPian

this is a safety feature on all AMT cars irrespective of make at least in India. The creep function will be disabled upon opening of drivers door.

For the BMW ZF automatic, if we open the door and try to reverse, it will automatically switch to Park mode and warn you to close the door.
Nanolover is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 09:19   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingHuman View Post
My Nov 2018 Nexon diesel AMT does not move either forward or in reverse when the door is open.It looks like a lame attempt of a safety feature.Is there any way around this like in the case of the front door gets damaged and you can't drive around to get to a safe spot due to this, also many old school drivers tend to reverse park in tight spaces keeping the door slightly open to judge the clearance.
Why is this safety feature lame? To me it sounds quite good. Rather the excuses for getting around this feature provided are lame (sorry to be blunt about it). If your door is damaged enough to prevent it from closing, you should not be driving it all with the door flailing about creating a safety scare for every other road user. If you just need to get it to the side of the road, you can easily get the car pushed, and for taking it for repairs, get the car towed.

Regarding old school drivers way of reversing, it too is dangerous as in this method, the driver is only able to focus on his /her side of the car and is not aware of rest of the surroundings which can often spring a surprise.

I would suggest you to count your blessings for all the safety features you can get and learn to live with them instead of trying to get around them.
niteshbids is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 15:33   #230
BHPian

I just gave a few scenarios, actual issue "can happen" when the door sensor fails to detect the door closed condition(it could also be a rat bite or faulty switch). I was wondering what would happen when someone was driving at 80 kmph on highway with vehicles following you closely and ECU detects door open condition , would the power to the wheels get disengaged then?
Old 17th June 2019, 18:45   #231
Senior - BHPian

No updates or spy pics/ info for the Nexon AMT is concerning. Has the market lost the interest in this mini-SUV's update or is Tata suddenly become so secretive?
Old 17th June 2019, 19:39   #232
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
No updates or spy pics/ info for the Nexon AMT is concerning. Has the market lost the interest in this mini-SUV's update or is Tata suddenly become so secretive?

The Nexon AMT has been on sale since quite a while now.
simeonovitch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 21:27   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Dude, you are posting in the thread for the Nexon AMT. The thread is about the AMT version, owners experiences and related information
condor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 17:33   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
The Nexon AMT has been on sale since quite a while now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Dude, you are posting in the thread for the Nexon AMT. The thread is about the AMT version, owners experiences and related information
I understand the reason for the above responses now. I missed the word 'updated/ upgraded' Nexon. Its the same upgraded/ updated version doing the testing rounds.

Obviously the new Nexon design is also going to apply to the Nexon AMT.
Old 11th August 2019, 21:22   #235

Hi All,

(First Post at TeamBhp! )

We have been driving Honda City for the last 13 years. Yesterday we stepped into a Tata Showroom ( KHT,Whitefield,Bangalore) and test drove the Nexon Diesel ZX and were unimpressed.

Today morning we took a test drive of Nexon XZA Petrol AMT. This car ticks all the boxes. Safety, Automatic, Apple Car play, 60:40 with tumble down seats. Liked the drive modes. It felt like a sedan. We almost paid the booking advance - but we wanted to get a quote for the Honda City sorted first.

Evening while drinking coffee my wife asked - didn’t the head nod bother you? It did - and I had brushed it under the carpet.

Is there any way to counter the head nod when the car is being accelerated?

If we switch to manual mode does the head not reduce? Having driven stick all our life, don’t mind using the manual up and down - something to keep the left hand occupied.

Or is there a different driving style we have to learn for AMTs?

Will greatly appreciate any pointers from the Petrol AMT Owners how they are tackling the head nod issue.
Old 11th August 2019, 22:22   #236
BHPian

There is one way. In the manual, you lift your leg from the A pedel when you have to change gears, do the same in the AMT. Trust me, the head nod will almost be zero.
Dieselritzer is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 06:59   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
There is one way. In the manual, you lift your leg from the A pedel when you have to change gears, do the same in the AMT. Trust me, the head nod will almost be zero.
Nailed it! I was struggling to put into words what I do too to reduce head nod on my Petrol XMA and this is exactly it. I've also found that maintaining a constant throttle increases the nod. At the same time, this requires some time because one needs to develop a sense of when the gearshifts are about to happen and ease off just as the shifting starts. Not as difficult though as it may sound.
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 19:48   #238

Hi All,
My first post in team-bhp though I am a lurker for long. I got my Tata Nexon XZA+ Red delivered today. It's a diesel car. Have a query. There is no brake light/ reflector in the back bumper ( below the number plate). I thought this is a standard accessory and will come as standard with the car. Can any Nexon owner please clarify?

Thanks.
Old 4th January 2020, 20:00   #239
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinz View Post
Hi All,
My first post in team-bhp though I am a lurker for long. I got my Tata Nexon XZA+ Red delivered today. It's a diesel car. Have a query. There is no brake light/ reflector in the back bumper ( below the number plate). I thought this is a standard accessory and will come as standard with the car. Can any Nexon owner please clarify?

Thanks.
Feature rationalization, as Tata called it. The Nexon lost a few items sometime in late 2018. Refer this post.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 06:47   #240
BHPian

From my test drives of Nexon AMT just before the lockdown, one thing i observed was that the jerkiness has drastically come down vs the BS4 version cars. Especially in the first 2 gears, the BS4 car literally was unbearable and I test drove cars from 2 showrooms and both were the same. However, when i drove the BS6 version, it was smoother. Has anything changed? Did anyone else observe this too?

Most Viewed