Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2018, 02:34   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon AMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
But you are completely ignoring the drivability part. The AMT is quite annoying to use as your daily drive when compared to the other conventional AT boxes such as the one in Ecosport.
I think you missed what this review says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Autocar video review is out

Few points:
Diesel AMT is impressive
Performance is close to conventional auto box
As per reviewer this is the best AMT they have driven
Agreed one cannot just take their word for it, but it should prompt people to take a test drive at the very least.

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th April 2018 at 18:55. Reason: Please avoid Quoting youtube links for reply, affects readabiity. Thanks.
Old 22nd April 2018, 12:03   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I am in the market for a diesel automatic, launch is said to be my next month, any idea on when the delivery might start?
I'm on the exact same situation as you. TD Zest, Dzire, Swift and other Ameo Diesel AT. Ameo scored the best in driving department, but Dzire came out the clear winner when all the factors were considered. So finally booked the latest Dzire ZDI AMT.

Considered upcoming Amaze Diesel CVT as well, but decided not to pre-book since it is the first-gen diesel CVT on Amaze. Dzire on the other hand has been here for some time already, and the niggles are already out in the open. Like some say, a known devil is better than an unknown angel.

Last edited by ampere : 26th April 2018 at 18:57. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
scorpion_blore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 07:19   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
I think you missed what this review says:

Agreed one cannot just take their word for it, but it should prompt people to take a test drive at the very least.
Didn't miss it sir. The reviews say that it suffers from the traditional lag or unrefined nature that inherently plagues all AMT boxes, however this unit is the the best they have driven yet. I am rather convinced to buy the Nexon ( in favour of the Baleno) and eagerly waiting to check out the car once they are available for TDs.
Old 23rd April 2018, 10:58   #94
BHPian

Not sure if this was reported before, but apparently bookings have "officially" begun. Booking amount is Rs. 11,000/-

Quote:
Tata Motors has officially announced the commencement of bookings for the upcoming Nexon AMT with the booking amount set at Rs 11,000. To be launched in a single top-spec XZA+ trim, the Nexon will be the first in its segment to feature a diesel-automatic combination.

Source: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...gs-open-408111
sachinayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 11:37   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
But you are completely ignoring the drivability part. The AMT is quite annoying to use as your daily drive when compared to the other conventional AT boxes such as the one in Ecosport.
Sir, I have been using the Dzire AGS since July 2016, having done 28K kms till date. Most of my drives have been within Kolkata city. Add to that a couple of 300+ kms in and around Kolkata. The longest I have done is Kolkata - Delhi - Kolkata.

I have ample experience in driving slush boxes and CVT abroad.

I have never found 'the AMT to be annoying to drive as a daily drive as compared to the conventional ATs". As a matter of fact, I feel it to be really comfortable as compared to a MT. Also I would like to iterate the fact that in city drives, my stress levels are really low as my left hand and leg are free of doing labour.

Yes, AMT does require a bit of tweaking of driving habits, but once that is mastered, its a breeze.
ALTIMAed is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 11:56   #96
BHPian

Yesterday I visited a Tata showroom in Mumbai to test drive the Tigor AMT. The advisor there told me that Nexon AMT will come in z and z+ variants. Also he said this week they expect the test drive car to arrive in their showroom.
Old 23rd April 2018, 12:09   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Yesterday I visited a Tata showroom in Mumbai to test drive the Tigor AMT. The advisor there told me that Nexon AMT will come in z and z+ variants. Also he said this week they expect the test drive car to arrive in their showroom.
I don't think the XZA variant will be launched for now. The website has been updated with the XZA+ variant (https://nexon.tatamotors.com/variants). The Sales Advisor told me that they are themselves waiting for further information and looks like it will be launched in the last week of April or 1st Week of May. Fingers crossed. Let's see. I hope the long wait is finally worth it!
Old 23rd April 2018, 12:28   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragverma666 View Post
I don't think the XZA variant will be launched for now. The website has been updated with the XZA+ variant (https://nexon.tatamotors.com/variants). The Sales Advisor told me that they are themselves waiting for further information and looks like it will be launched in the last week of April or 1st Week of May. Fingers crossed. Let's see. I hope the long wait is finally worth it!
Something from my birdies, Nexon will come come XZA+ and XZA , though no confirmed launched dates for XZA. With the launch of these Tata will be judging the demand for AMT's and which can lead to launch of XTA or XMA too.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 17:22   #99
BHPian

Hi all. I have a quick question. I am one among those who waited madly for Nexon AMT and ended up buying Nexon MT. My question is, in AMT (in general), when brake is applied at any speed, including high speeds, does it give the same effect of applying clutch + brake effect of MT? This may be a generic question related to AMT gear box but I am posting as I own a Nexon MT and may get Nexon AMT for one of our family members in couple of months. I am quite used to how the Nexon brake is, by now. Just wondering of the effect of braking in AMT especially when we want to apply brake at high speeds where we want to take to stand still (in any such occasion).

Last edited by GTO : 24th April 2018 at 09:40. Reason: breaking = braking
satish_tns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 17:54   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
... in AMT (in general), when brake is applied at any speed, including high speeds, does it give the same effect of applying clutch + brake effect of MT?
Speaking from my experience with the Nano AMT. Such situations are handled pretty well. In my six months usage, the car has never stalled, even on hard braking. Sure, it does appear confused at times, pauses to think occasionally but never stalls.

Last edited by GTO : 24th April 2018 at 09:40. Reason: quoted post edited
cogWheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 14:17   #101
BHPian

Nexon AMT variants at dealer stockyards

Source and more pics: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...lakhs-157.html

The Tata Nexon AMT-1.jpg

The Tata Nexon AMT-2.jpg

The Tata Nexon AMT-3.jpg
sachinayak is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 18:50   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogWheel View Post
Speaking from my experience with the Nano AMT. Such situations are handled pretty well. In my six months usage, the car has never stalled, even on hard braking. Sure, it does appear confused at times, pauses to think occasionally but never stalls.
Since you've prior experience with AMTs could you clarify whether is it possible to push start a AMT equipped car ? Touchwood let no one face such a situation but i tend to overthink most of the times and hence the question.

P.S I'm considering Nexon (D) AMT replacing one of the fords @ home and hence this interest in AMT.
Old 26th April 2018, 21:30   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
Since you've prior experience with AMTs could you clarify whether is it possible to push start a AMT equipped car ? Touchwood let no one face such a situation but i tend to overthink most of the times and hence the question.

P.S I'm considering Nexon (D) AMT replacing one of the fords @ home and hence this interest in AMT.
If I may answer ( I own a NANO AMT):

To start an AMT equipped car, we need to be in neutral with the brake peddle pressed. So, to answer your question, I don't think bit can be push started.

Anyway, why would you want to do that? A better option is to jump start the car. Earlier cars with carburettor could be push started. However, with the advant of MPFI and CRDI engines, it is recommended to jump start a car instead of push start.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 23:45   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

When are the TD cars expected to reach the dealerships?
Old 2nd May 2018, 15:03   #105
Senior - BHPian

Tata has brought out the automated manual transmission (AMT) versions of its Nexon at Rs 9.41 lakh for the petrol and Rs 10.3 lakh for the diesel (ex-showroom, Delhi). Launched in a single top-spec XZA+ trim, the Nexon will be the first in the compact SUV segment to feature a diesel-automatic combination.

At this pricing, the Nexon AMT petrol undercuts the top-spec EcoSport Titanium+ AT (Rs 11.37 lakh) by a very significant Rs 1.96 lakh.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new..._medium=Social

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 2nd May 2018 at 15:06.
RM Motorsports is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks