Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2018, 16:32   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon AMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
@Scorpiobharath the Tata Nexon does have rear AC vents please check the review.
Could you please share some proof that nexon has rear ac vents? Tata themselves have confirmed there is no rear ac in nexon in any variant.

I have a Jan 2018 xz plus and I am damn sure it doesn't have rear ac. Infact most reviews on YouTube are wrong, regarding the rear ac vents
I still say, nexon doesn't have rear ac vents.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 4th May 2018, 16:37   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post

The AMT seems to be almost a lakh costlier than their respective manual counterparts.
It is true in the case of Diesel AMT due to increased road tax + increased insurance + TCS

But Petrol OTR price difference between manual and AMT is ~ 55-60K only.
Old 4th May 2018, 16:38   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Nexon doesn't have rear ac vents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
@Scorpiobharath the Tata Nexon does have rear AC vents please check the review.
Quote:
Could you please share some proof that nexon has rear ac vents? Tata themselves have confirmed there is no rear ac in nexon in any variant.

I have a Jan 2018 xz plus and I am damn sure it doesn't have rear ac. Infact most reviews on YouTube are wrong, regarding the rear ac vents

The Tata Nexon does have rear AC vents/blowers. From the official review:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html

Last edited by Prathiiik : 4th May 2018 at 16:46.
Old 4th May 2018, 16:45   #124
BHPian

Quote:

It does not have a rear AC, but it does have vents. Call it blower vents, that would be the technically correct name. But, it has rear vents.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 17:20   #125
BHPian

It has a blower. Not an AC vent. Just that this term is used so often that people use it to describe the blower too.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 17:26   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
The Tata Nexon does have rear AC vents/blowers. From the official review:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html
It just has rear blower throwing warm air. The unit is not connected to the condenser and cooling coil assembly. Calling the rear air blower vent an AC vent is misleading IMHO.

In fact even professional reviewers like Renuka Kriplani have mentioned existence of rear AC vents which is blatantly incorrect.

She has even sat in the back seat for checking rear seat comfort, and if she couldnt distinguish between conditioned air and warm air, I really don't know what to say.

Team bup official review says that there is only rear blower but no rear air conditioner.
Old 4th May 2018, 23:57   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Team bup official review says that there is only rear blower but no rear air conditioner.
But why warm air? The rear blower just takes air from the front of the cabin ( which is coming from the AC) and directs it to the rear. So it might not be as chilled as the one coming straight from the AC unit but it would be still cold. Also no vents is definitely still worse than having only blower vents, so the Nexon does get an advantage here.
drmohitg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th May 2018, 00:23   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It just has rear blower throwing warm air. The unit is not connected to the condenser and cooling coil assembly. Calling the rear air blower vent an AC vent is misleading IMHO.
You can see the same mistakes being repeated now regarding the Toyota Yaris too, where all reviews call blowers as a/c vents - and to make matters worse - The air is sucked in from near the roof - the warmest possible air in the cabin. TATAs implementation is much better in comparison.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2018, 00:28   #129
BHPian

Yes it does take cool air from the front but the suction part is almost at the floor level so it takes time to throw cool air at the back. In my Nexon xz+ Diesel, it usually takes at least more than 30 to 45 min to really throw cool air but by that time the entire cabin will be well cooled and no one at the rear will be in a need for those vents. So practically I do not see any use in that. I wish that Tata could have given cruise control with little extra cost instead of the rear air vents.
satish_tns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 17:45   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Something from my birdies, Nexon will come come XZA+ and XZA , though no confirmed launched dates for XZA. With the launch of these Tata will be judging the demand for AMT's and which can lead to launch of XTA or XMA too.
So News from my birdies was right, Nexon AMT will be getting more variants soon.

Quote:
Tata Motors recently launched the Nexon AMT in a single top-spec XZA+ trim, priced at Rs 9.41 lakh for the petrol and Rs 10.3 lakh for the diesel (ex-showroom, Delhi). While the Nexon AMT is priced competitively even in its top-spec guise, Tata Motors has already begun work on the market introduction of an AMT gearbox in the mid-spec XTA and XMA variants. This means that the price tag of the Nexon AMT could drop even further once the more affordable variants are introduced.

The upcoming Nexon AMT (XMA and XZA) are likely to carry the same features as the corresponding manual counterparts (XM and XZ). So you can expect the XMA to come with features like dual-tone wheel covers, remote-control locking, power windows for all doors, an infotainment system with 4 speakers, steering-mounted controls for audio, phone and voice, a 12V power outlet, an MID with a real-time fuel indicator and rear parking sensors.

The Tata Nexon AMT XZA will get all the features from the top-end XZA+ variant, but will miss out on the PEPS smartkey with push-button start, DRLs, alloy wheels, a 60:40-split folding rear seat, front and rear fog lamps and a rear defogger. The XMA and XZA will also have the AMT-specific features like smart hill-assist and the creep function.

Like the XZA+ variant, the XMA and the XZA variants will likely be offered with both engine options – the 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel. Currently the price difference between manual and AMT models of the XZ+ variant is Rs. 60,201 for the petrol and Rs. 70,200 for the diesel. Going by the aforementioned price difference, the lower-spec XMA variants could be priced at around Rs 7.51 lakh for the AMT mated to the petrol engine and Rs 8.54 lakh when paired with the diesel motor. Similarly, the higher-spec XZA versions could cost around Rs 8.59 lakh for the petrol variant and Rs 9.69 lakh for the diesel. (All expected prices, ex-showroom, Delhi)

The Nexon AMT takes on the likes of the Ford EcoSport and Maruti Vitara Brezza. While the EcoSport is available as a petrol-auto only, the Vitara Brezza has no automatic gearbox at all (as of now). On the other hand, Mahindra offers the TUV300 and the Nuvosport with a diesel-AMT gearbox.

Source

Last edited by Eddy : 9th May 2018 at 10:18. Reason: Spacing for better readability
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 20:09   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
So News from my birdies was right, Nexon AMT will be getting more varients soon.
Homologation completed for diesel variants only. Confirmation from IAB:

The Tata Nexon AMT-tatanexonamtcertificationdocument.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 09:21   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
Yes it does take cool air from the front but the suction part is almost at the floor level so it takes time to throw cool air at the back. In my Nexon xz+ Diesel, it usually takes at least more than 30 to 45 min to really throw cool air but by that time the entire cabin will be well cooled and no one at the rear will be in a need for those vents. So practically I do not see any use in that. I wish that Tata could have given cruise control with little extra cost instead of the rear air vents.
I think what this rear blower might be helping is that you no longer have to run the front blowers at full speed ( with the associated noise ) to reach the rear passengers. Rather they just have to run at mid speed for the rear blower to pick up the air and push it back. I am just guessing - maybe your real experience can confirm this ?
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 12:20   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I think what this rear blower might be helping is that you no longer have to run the front blowers at full speed ( with the associated noise ) to reach the rear passengers. Rather they just have to run at mid speed for the rear blower to pick up the air and push it back. I am just guessing - maybe your real experience can confirm this ?
You are correct; I dont own a Nexon but a Nissan Sunny which has the same feature and this works reasonably well.. when the front cabin is cooled (AC set at 20-22 degrees), the blower does pick up the cool air and blows it to the rear passengers. And as someone else pointed out, it takes a couple of mins to chill the rear but something is definitely better than nothing when it is really hot !
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 12:27   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
You are correct; I dont own a Nexon but a Nissan Sunny which has the same feature and this works reasonably well.. when the front cabin is cooled (AC set at 20-22 degrees), the blower does pick up the cool air and blows it to the rear passengers. And as someone else pointed out, it takes a couple of mins to chill the rear but something is definitely better than nothing when it is really hot !
While I agree that something is better than nothing, I don't agree on this blower being on the list of "luxurious features" of cars. If someone want, one can install cheap fans (like seen on old Ambassadors) on the B pillar themselves. That would serve the purpose, apart from leaving some more leg space for the middle passenger
Old 9th May 2018, 15:56   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
While I agree that something is better than nothing, I don't agree on this blower being on the list of "luxurious features" of cars. If someone want, one can install cheap fans (like seen on old Ambassadors) on the B pillar themselves. That would serve the purpose, apart from leaving some more leg space for the middle passenger
Are you serious?
Those fans from the last century Ambassadors are such an eye sore and make a ruckus of their own when used. The current market is opting for Air purifiers in vehicles and certainly no one would really want a fan protruding out of the B pillar.

It looks like the Nexon AMT will come with one regular key fob and the wearable smartkey as the spare. The smartkey can be purchased as an accessory in MT variants but is being given as standard spare key in the AMT variants. This is what my SA told me during my AMT TD.
drmohitg is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed