Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2018, 09:48   #31
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon AMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Nothing is sure until the car enters mass production. My sources still say that it will be the XZA, not the XZ+A. Maybe this was an one-off for the Expo display lineup.

Let's hope for the best, and wait for the XZ+A to be finalised for commercial production.
The current lineup doesn't have an XZ variant, will they launch it just for the automatic?

I hope they don't trim the '+'. With it goes away quite a few features that make Nexon such a value for money. They literally have a huge open garden full of fresh grass to make hay. Their diesel AMT will have no competition in this segment and price point. XTA and XZA+ are perfect additions.
Old 8th February 2018, 20:43   #32
BHPian

Source: https://twitter.com/TataMotors/statu...89472176451589

From TATA MOTORS Twitter Account

Here's a #LevelNex feature fact. The Nexon AMT's dashboard colour is coordinated with its exterior body colour. How super cool is that? Come check out Nexon AMT at the #AutoExpo2018

It will be cool if it makes into production version.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon AMT-img20180208wa0038.jpg  

arif_t01 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 13:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors is gearing up to launch the Nexon with an automated manual transmission (AMT). It was showcased at the recently concluded Auto Expo and now, according a media report, Tata dealers have started accepting bookings. The booking amount for the Nexon AMT is rumoured to be Rs. 11,000.

The Tata Nexon AMT-nexon-amt.jpg

A previously leaked internal document suggests that the AMT will be offered on both petrol and diesel variants of the Nexon. In terms of aesthetics, the Nexon AMT will be identical to the manual version however, Tata is likely to offer new exterior colour options on the AMT version. The AMT is expected to be offered on select trim levels.

The Tata Nexon AMT-nexon-amt1.jpg

The Nexon was launched in September 2017. The compact SUV is offered with a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine that produces 108 BHP @ 5,000 rpm and 170 Nm of torque @ 1,750-4,000 rpm and a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine making 108 BHP @ 3,750 rpm and 260 Nm @ 1,500-2,750 rpm. A 6-speed manual gearbox is standard but a 6-speed AMT will soon be available as an option. The AMT version will also get three driving modes - Eco, City and Sport.

Source: Rushlane

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 13:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

I can't understand this new trend of matching interior color with exterior. Unless one is driving an open top car where both interior and exterior is visible all the time, why should the interior reflect any color from outside? Both are visible only for a fraction of time when one enters/leaves the vehicle. Else both are standalone 99% of the times.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 13:47   #35
BHPian

Currently, all that is known is that Nexon is coming in XZA variant. Is there any information that XMA is also under consideration? Asking this for a colleague who is looking for cars around 7 lakhs ex-showroom and thought the XMA might be a potential candidate.
Old 9th March 2018, 21:26   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted on (possibly) final testing runs by my good friend Autospy at Pune last week.

The Tata Nexon AMT-img20180309wa0031.jpg

The Tata Nexon AMT-img20180309wa0033.jpg

The Tata Nexon AMT-img20180309wa0034.jpg

Notice a change? The roof, A & C pillars & rear ceramic X-lines are now decked in whitish grey, instead of black which was showcased at the Auto Expo.

He also reported that he had a peek inside the Nexon AMT test mule, and noticed that the center sliding console has been changed to a two-box console, which indicates the absence of the tambour door.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 18:12   #37
yuv
BHPian

Thanks RavenAvi, this is great news.
My dealer is assuring delivery in 1st week of April but if they are still testing, I very much doubt it.
Old 14th March 2018, 16:14   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

The Nexon AMT variant(s) could be delayed by a couple more months, according to the latest from the birdies. Reason: more fine-tuning.

Claimed launch date will now be somewhere near mid-May 2018.

Quote:
He also reported that he had a peek inside the Nexon AMT test mule, and noticed that the center sliding console has been changed to a two-box console, which indicates the absence of the tambour door.
Related Post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4370929

Last edited by RavenAvi : 14th March 2018 at 16:25.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 16:24   #39
BHPian

The C-pillar definitely looks good in terms of stability and styling. But what about blindspots while turning and/or reversing?

The Opel GrandlandX, the car that I worked on, suffers from the same complaint. Looks good and feels good. But practically, insufficient rear view.
VaidhiR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 05:38   #40
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
The Nexon AMT variant(s) could be delayed by a couple more months, according to the latest from the birdies. Reason: more fine-tuning.

Claimed launch date will now be somewhere near mid-May 2018.
Thanks again, confirms my worst fears though. How can you be road-testing just weeks ahead of launch, they obviously never had a ready product to begin with. Tata's should have honorably placed the Nexon AMT in "concept" category along side the H5X at the auto expo, instead of trying to pull a fast one under the guise of 'fine-tuning'. Wonder what we need to brace ourselves for next.

Something is amiss, I'm seriously contemplating cancelling my booking,
Old 18th March 2018, 06:51   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv View Post
Something is amiss, I'm seriously contemplating cancelling my booking,
If you're going to speculate based on speculations of others (media and sources) then Tata is not the brand for you. The AMT Nexon was displayed at the AutoExpo. There was no claim or date given as to when it's available on sale. Have said this time and again, the vehicle will be launched when the company feels it's ready. It's not going to be launched just because a few of us are frustrated or eager.

Having had to fight a long and ardous battle to get into the good books of customers (First gen Indica, two decades ago), Tata has been hitting the right notes of late by amply testing their products and fine tuning them to the most before launch. So give credit where it's due.

Last edited by SDP : 18th March 2018 at 11:29. Reason: as requested
discoverwild is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 17:19   #42
BHPian

Got a call from Concorde Motors Andheri. The SA imformed that he will be depositing the booking cheque lying with him since almost a month. He also confirmed that the launch will be delayed for some time since some more testing is going on.
Old 21st March 2018, 01:38   #43
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
If you're going to speculate based on speculations of others (media and sources) then Tata is not the brand for you.
In my humble opinion, Tata's silence is not only deafening but also root cause of the problem. They can simply end all speculation by coming out with an official communication or statement. It is thanks to RavenAvi and the others mentioned above by you that we are getting some news atleast.

Quote:
The AMT Nexon was displayed at the AutoExpo. There was no claim or date given as to when it's available on sale. Have said this time and again, the vehicle will be launched when the company feels it's ready. It's not going to be launched just because a few of us are frustrated or eager.
It is not only limited to displaying at the Expo or a concept, they have even started bookings. I think its highly unprofessional for any manufacturer to showcase at event of the year, open up the booking, accept the booking amount and from there it suddenly goes to 'feels like not so ready' in less than a month. Maybe Tata believes they are gods gift to mankind, so sure they can launch (or not) when they 'feel like' but lets face it, there is a buyers market out there and some of us may not want to wait. However that's only possible if its known how long the wait is going to be.

Quote:
Having had to fight a long and ardous battle to get into the good books of customers (First gen Indica, two decades ago), Tata has been hitting the right notes of late by amply testing their products and fine tuning them to the most before launch. So give credit where it's due.
Appreciate the testing & fine tuning efforts, its definitely a step in the right direction. I wonder what prevents them from doing all this and more before the unveiling or start of bookings though. I think Tata has great potential, which is why I booked the AMT in first place however one things for sure, there is clearly an expectation mis-match (from my side) so I guess I will take a rain check this time. Its a Bye Bye to Tata for now, I have cancelled my booking.
yuv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 08:10   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv View Post
Its a Bye Bye to Tata for now, I have cancelled my booking.
That's good news indeed. Not your loss. Not theirs either. In the overall scheme of things, you buy what you need and they sell when they can.

The official word from Tata will be out when they are ready. The booking amount was unofficial by the dealers.

RavenAvi, Volkman10 and many others bring us news through their contacts and spyshots. That's Team-BHP for you, getting you information before the company provides it to you. That's again "unofficial". The official word is when we hear from the company, which has not happened yet.

Cars are bought based on needs and wants. If you "need" THAT car, you wait for it.If you need transportation immediately, you look elsewhere. If you "want" it, you will always end up being disappointed or frustrated about one thing or other.

No hard feelings, please. Just my opinion based on buying cars for almost three decades from various manufacturers.
discoverwild is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th March 2018, 01:29   #45
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
That's good news indeed. Not your loss. Not theirs either. In the overall scheme of things, you buy what you need and they sell when they can.
Agreed, partially though. I know 3-4 blokes who have cancelled their booking lately and if I was to believe the dealer, there are many more. One things for sure, the excitement (for AMT) is almost over so if not in the short term, it will surely hurt them in the long term.

Quote:
The official word from Tata will be out when they are ready. The booking amount was unofficial by the dealers.
My dealer accepted the booking and even gave me an official receipt for the AMT. If its unofficial, why isn't Tata stopping their dealers from accepting it. Just as someone mentioned the other day 'The dealers are taking bookings, Tata neither denies it nor confirms it. They don't even stop their dealers from taking bookings'.
This im sorry, just doesn't make the cut for me.

Quote:
RavenAvi, Volkman10 and many others bring us news through their contacts and spyshots. That's Team-BHP for you, getting you information before the company provides it to you. That's again "unofficial". The official word is when we hear from the company, which has not happened yet.
As stated before, kudos to them and Team-BHP. Even if unofficial, we are getting some information at least.
On the manufacturers part, not even announcing the variants, features and price more than a month later and after having accepted my booking amounts to treating the customer shabbily in my books.

Quote:
No hard feelings, please. Just my opinion based on buying cars for almost three decades from various manufacturers.
None taken at all, this would have been my 7th possession so been there, done that and I can appreciate to a large extent where you're coming from. Its just that I have no sympathy (nor the patience) for any manufacturer which treats customers shabbily. Thankfully I don't have to put up with it anymore.

Last edited by yuv : 24th March 2018 at 01:58. Reason: Typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks