Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2018, 08:39   #76
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon AMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
It was too much in the face when it was white
I definitely agree and this looks terrific, in fact on the red it should look even better. Its just a year since I got my Ecosport AT, however would definitely want to buy this one. Let's see the resale value and then will take a call. However looks like Tata have definitely nailed down this AMT, eagerly awaiting Teambhp review.
Old 19th April 2018, 09:53   #77
Senior - BHPian

Zigwheels review of Nexon AMT
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 10:41   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Evo India's review clarifies on the functions of the Nexon AMT:

The Tata Nexon AMT-tatanexonfirstdrivereviewdrivenevoindiaphotopicimagem41024x600.jpg

The Tata Nexon AMT-7d1_3266.jpg

Last edited by Vid6639 : 19th April 2018 at 12:35. Reason: removing quoted text from source.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 11:38   #79
Senior - BHPian

Nexon XZ+ diesel launch price was ~9.4 Lakhs, slowly it is increased to 9.89 Lakhs, and in Bangalore it is 9.99 Lakhs now. XZ+ AMT is going to cost more than 10L ex-showroom for sure, and OTR price is going to be close to 13 Lakhs in Bangalore.
Old 20th April 2018, 10:27   #80
Senior - BHPian

Overdrive review

CarandBike Review
Old 20th April 2018, 11:05   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
For the dimensions, features, safety kit and that awesome music system, even to expect Nexon AMT to undercut Amaze Auto box would be unrealistic.

I feel a 50K premium is justified as in that money they added an AMT box + Hill hold assist.
I am not expecting TATA to price Nexon cheaply, I just have a feeling that Honda will price the Amaze at a premium compared to the already expensive model currently on sale

My guess is that Nexon ATM will be around 50-60K premium over the manual variant.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 11:51   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I am not expecting TATA to price Nexon cheaply...

...My guess is that Nexon ATM will be around 50-60K premium over the manual variant.
Even if they price it at a 50-60K premium over the manual variant, the petrol AMT will give the Trend+ and Titanium+ ATs of the Ford Ecosport a serious run for its money! This WILL BE the most VFM proposition in its segment.
nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 11:58   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't understand the price speculation here. The AMT is definitely going to cost 50-60k more than the manual variant. The Nexon was already competitively priced to begin with and the 50k premium for the AT would still make it one of the most VFM compact SUV offering.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 12:31   #84
Senior - BHPian

What may be a dampener to sales would be the lack of finesse on the AMT gear shifts compared to an equivalent CVT or a torque convertor.

As per the Autocar review this seems to be more of a problem on the petrol and is more manageable on the diesel where the "head nod" is present only on hard acceleration.

However it is a good option in this segment given that the Brezza does not have an auto option yet. I myself know a couple of aquaintances who are looking out specifically for a compact SUV, auto combo.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 20th April 2018 at 12:32.
Old 20th April 2018, 12:59   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
As per the Autocar review this seems to be more of a problem on the petrol and is more manageable on the diesel where the "head nod" is present only on hard acceleration.
What I found surprising was that different reviewers had different opinions. The ACI reviews clearly stated that the diesel was the better option mated with AMT while on the other hand the C&B review suggested that the petrol AMT was the more fun to drive.

But yes AMT lacks the finesse of a regular AT solution. And anyone who can afford the Ecosport AT would probably not choose the Nexon AMT as it doesn't really offer anything extra over the Ecosport. Rather the top variants of Ecosport probably offer you a bit more in terms of safety.
Old 20th April 2018, 14:12   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
But yes AMT lacks the finesse of a regular AT solution. And anyone who can afford the Ecosport AT would probably not choose the Nexon AMT as it doesn't really offer anything extra over the Ecosport. Rather the top variants of Ecosport probably offer you a bit more in terms of safety.
Top variant Petrol XZ+ Nexon AMT is going to be cheaper than the mid variant Trend+ Ecosport AT.

I expect ~ 50K premium over manual counter part when it comes to Nexon pricing.

Nexon
Petrol XZ+ AMT - 9.5L
Diesel XZ+ AMT - 10.4 L

Ecosport
Petrol Trend+AT - 9.75L
Petrol Tit+ AT - 11.35L
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 16:07   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Nexon
Petrol XZ+ AMT - 9.5L
Diesel XZ+ AMT - 10.4 L

Ecosport
Petrol Trend+AT - 9.75L
Petrol Tit+ AT - 11.35L
I agree. The Nexon's winning formula w.r.t. the Ecosport has to be pricing and only pricing. Otherwise the Ecosport with the more conventional auto box is so much more pleasurable to drive. Till date, I have hated the experience offered by AMT boxes. I TD the Tiago, Dzire and Tigor. I hope the experience in Nexon is slightly better with the "Kickdown" feature that they have added.
drmohitg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 16:33   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I agree. The Nexon's winning formula w.r.t. the Ecosport has to be pricing and only pricing. Otherwise the Ecosport with the more conventional auto box is so much more pleasurable to drive.
Nexon advantages are Diesel AMT + better rear space. Leaving 2 vs 6 airbags aside it is considerably cheaper as well (~1.2 L OTR difference). Yes, people who has budget of 14L and running is < 1500 km per month Ecosport is the best choice.
Old 20th April 2018, 23:58   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Nexon advantages are Diesel AMT + better rear space. Leaving 2 vs 6 airbags aside it is considerably cheaper as well (~1.2 L OTR difference). Yes, people who has budget of 14L and running is < 1500 km per month Ecosport is the best choice.
But you are completely ignoring the drivability part. The AMT is quite annoying to use as your daily drive when compared to the other conventional AT boxes such as the one in Ecosport.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 08:27   #90
Senior - BHPian

I am in the market for a diesel automatic, launch is said to be my next month, any idea on when the delivery might start?

Sadly very few diesel automatic options below 13L price point, waiting for Nexon and Amaze.

Most Viewed