Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2018, 23:41   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon AMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I was expecting a reply / concern that a prospective customers property was damaged by their (dealer's) representative. Maybe it was be too much to expect on my part.

If they are not concerned about a prospective customer before a sale, and if the car has a problem after the sale, or the dealer fails to provide support, i wonder how much I can expect from the company.
While your concern may be justified, TATA has nothing to do in this case. In Maruti's case, they never get involved directly and gets the dealer to resolve the issue. If the dealer here is willing to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, that alone suffice. You say the dealer is apologetic, so I see no need for TATA to step in at this point of time.

My suggestion is to see whether you can strike a good deal for your car and also extract a good deal on new Nexon.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 16th July 2018 at 23:42.
swiftnfurious is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 02:30   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
While your concern may be justified, TATA has nothing to do in this case. In Maruti's case, they never get involved directly and gets the dealer to resolve the issue. If the dealer here is willing to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, that alone suffice. You say the dealer is apologetic, so I see no need for TATA to step in at this point of time.

My suggestion is to see whether you can strike a good deal for your car and also extract a good deal on new Nexon.
Tata is obviously not at any direct fault, and I maintain the Nexon is a fantastic vehicle. However, other options are pretty good too and I booked another car last week. Tata's silence lost them a genuine sale in my case.

I guess I love my old car a bit too much even though we are parting ways..
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 06:58   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tata is obviously not at any direct fault, and I maintain the Nexon is a fantastic vehicle. However, other options are pretty good too and I booked another car last week. Tata's silence lost them a genuine sale in my case.

Out of curiosity which car did you book?

Also did the Tata dealer try to offer you some compensation for the damage to your car by adding some discount or increasing their quote for your existing vehicle?
Old 17th July 2018, 07:34   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on your new car booking. Its good you booked another brand because Tata is not up there to meet the expectations that a lot of us set up for our suppliers these days ( across any product category ) - hence its best to avoid post purchase dissonance when our expectations can not be met practically by a car maker. I still feel that a Tata car buyer needs to have a certain frame of mind to buy it - if one doesn't have it - best is to avoid Tata cars and reduce stress in life later.

Also a lot of times, typical buyer behaviour is to expect more from a #2, 3, 4 player than the #1 player because we fundamentally think that we did the supplier a favour when we go for the #2,3,4 player and expect more from them ( this is human psyche and nothing to do with you ).

On your 2nd pt - all of us here in this forum love our cars a bit too much.

Last edited by narayan : 17th July 2018 at 07:56.
narayan is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 17:23   #170
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors introduces Nexon HyprDrive (AMT), Now available in XM Trim.

Quote:
To further penetrate in to the automatic-drive market Tata Motors has announced the launch of the Tata Nexon HyprDrive Self-Shift Gears (S-SG) - XMA, sporting the AMT gearbox in its best-selling XM variant, according to a company statement.
Quote:
With this introduction, the Nexon range will henceforth have two AMT variants – XMA and XZA+ which will be offered in 1.2L turbocharged Revotron petrol and 1.5L turbocharged Revotorq diesel engines respectively.
Quote:
Priced at Rs 7.50 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi, for the petrol variant and at Rs. 8.53 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi, for the diesel variant. Tata Nexon XMA will offer Multi-Drive modes (3 modes – Eco, City and Sport) in AMT.
Quote:
An all-new Ivory White roof-color option has been introduced with this launch.
Quote:
Keeping safety as its core, the Nexon XMA provides standard safety features like dual frontal airbags and ABS with electronic brake-force distribution in all wheels
Source
CarguyNish is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 17:57   #171
bkc
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Tata Motors introduces Nexon HyprDrive (AMT), Now available in XM Trim.
good move, even I was seeing if there are any updates for the same, cool. Now the best amt is somewhat complete in the range.
Soon it should be offered in XT variants where the ex-showroom would fall below 10lacs.

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/tata-nexo...0-lakh-1884880

Last edited by bkc : 17th July 2018 at 17:58. Reason: fomatting
Old 17th July 2018, 20:03   #172
Senior - BHPian

I guess this might be the first AMT car which has a turbocharged petrol engine. 7.5L ex-showroom for an automatic Nexon is mouth watering if the car is any good. Eagerly waiting for a review on team-bhp on the petrol version of this car.

Last edited by NiInJa : 17th July 2018 at 20:07.
Old 18th July 2018, 06:13   #173
BHPian

Mod Request: Perhaps the thread title needs to change to "now available from Rs. 7.5 lakh onwards."

Good going by Tata Motors, to provide the AMT option in the mid-trim. Hope they also provide the dual-tone option in this trim. IMHO, single tone variants give a more hatchback feel, while dual tone variants increase the desirability quotient.
sachinayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 08:08   #174
BHPian

Expected move from TATA and a good one. Hope they'll introduce XTA variant as well giving more choice to customers.

On the sideline, anyone from our forum owns Petrol AMT version of TATA Nexon ? Would like to know the drive-ability and fuel efficiency.
Old 18th July 2018, 10:32   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
On the sideline, anyone from our forum owns Petrol AMT version of TATA Nexon ? Would like to know the drive-ability and fuel efficiency.
I own one (XZA+) and drive-ability is pretty good as long as you are in the right drive mode. For e.g, Eco mode is ill-suited for spirited driving and aggressive over-taking (of course). City mode works very well in heavy traffic conditions. As expected, the Eco mode is the least preferred, but does its job if you want a laid-back drive on a highway (not recommended for city traffic conditions). As long as you are not hard on the accelerator, the gear changes are smooth.

I can't comment on the fuel efficiency since 400+ kilometers I have driven is too short to derive any conclusions. But I am certain to spend lot more on fuel with this than the Linea Diesel I had before. For my office drive (part highway + city traffic conditions), the MID shows around 13.5 with AC on all the time and a combination of City + Sports mode and moderately light-footed driving. For a similar drive, my Linea would give around 18 km/l. But. am also expecting the 13.5 km/l figure to go up after the first two services.
prakash_ajp is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 17:19   #176
BHPian

AutocarIndia has compared both the Brezza AMT and Nexon AMT, here is the final verdict. Shocked to read Brezza has better gear shifts, but in real scenario many liked Nexon's 6 speed over Brezza's 5 speed. Surprisingly number of gears are not mentioned anywere on Autocar comparison.

Quote:
The top-end Brezza ZDI+ AMT wears a price tag of Rs 10.49 lakh and this is what you pay for its likeable performance, smoother gearshifts and spacious cabin. On the downside, it does feature a rather dull interior and engine refinement levels aren’t quite up to the mark as well. The Nexon has the edge over the Brezza in terms of ride quality, handling and also its snazzy interiors. However, its cabin quality is inconsistent and the engine, despite being more powerful on paper, lacks punch. The Nexon scores well in most areas, although, the Brezza, with its slightly better AMT tipping the balance, emerges as the more sensible choice.

Source
Old 18th July 2018, 18:57   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
AutocarIndia has compared both the Brezza AMT and Nexon AMT, here is the final verdict. Shocked to read Brezza has better gear shifts, but in real scenario many liked Nexon's 6 speed over Brezza's 5 speed. Surprisingly number of gears are not mentioned anywere on Autocar comparison.

Either I got a really bad test drive vehicle of the Brezza AMT or the good folks at Auto Car have their cars mixed up.

There is literally no way the shifts on the Brezza are better than the Nexon. The overall behavior of the gear box and the noisy engine to match it are nearly un-usable given the coarseness and unpredictable behavior..

Overall the Nexon diesel Auto at 8.5L is very VFM.

I have a XZA+ diesel and if this variant was available, I would have definitely considered given the vast price difference.

Last edited by charanreddy : 18th July 2018 at 18:58. Reason: typo
charanreddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 21:46   #178
mxx
BHPian

Since there is no shift lock in AMT gear lever, What happens if you try to shift the AMT from D to R while driving?
Old 18th July 2018, 23:12   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Since there is no shift lock in AMT gear lever, What happens if you try to shift the AMT from D to R while driving?
In modern cars there is something called Reverse Inhibit function that prevents any effect of putting the selector to R, inadvertently. The box will just ignore it until the car's speed is down to a certain number.
ayankm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 23:39   #180
BHPian

Team-BHP at the Nexon launch event in Kolkata on 15th July

The Tata Nexon AMT-nex.jpg

It was a professionally organized event at a city hotel. We were treated to a wide spread buffet breakfast, briefed about the product in details and allowed to test drive to our heart's content. I chose to test the petrol manual though.

Last edited by mi2n : 18th July 2018 at 23:43.
mi2n is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks