Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2018, 10:50   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Tata Nexon AMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Petrol AMT -
Easily 11-12 kmpl in City conditions. For a patient driver (feather foot) it's around 13.
14-15 on expressways, driving within 2500 rpm (130-140 kmph). 16-17 kmpl if within 2000 rpm (100 kmph) with slow acceleration.

Not bad at all, in my books, especially for such a heavy car.
Thanks Roy.

Thos are good real-world economy figures.

Being slightly lighter would have helped, but most smart consumers won't mind trading some FE for being in a safer car.
shortbread is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 19:50   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quite impressive of the Nexon considering the price it comes at.

Link: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...al-ncap-409854
shortbread is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 21:09   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post

Quite impressive of the Nexon considering the price it comes at.

Link: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...al-ncap-409854
Thanks for sharing.
They have ratings for all the versions of cars! With and without airbags.

Last edited by ssbshankar : 28th September 2018 at 21:19.
Old 10th October 2018, 20:28   #199
BHPian

After few test drives and lot of deliberations, finally booked a white Nexon XZA+ Petrol single tone today at KHT motors, Bangalore.
Expecting to be delivered in 1 weeks time.
Overall the buying experience till booking the vehicle has been good. Got a good long test drive for both Petrol and Diesel AMTs to figure out what I can expect out of these automatics.
I was satisfied with the petrol one and 99% of the time I would be driving in city in "City" mode. I think, I could save around 1.5L upfront, by not buying a Diesel Nexon or Brezza.
ssbshankar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 15:10   #200

In the 3600+ kms tracked for my petrol XZA+ the average fuel consumption is 11.08 according to Team BHP calculator. This is for a 55:45 City-Highway mix. For 100% city driving the consumption averages 9-10 while for Highway (Sport mode) I have got 13.3. All these figures are from the calculator. Nexon's fuel gauge shows average figures higher by approx. 2 kmpl.
gokuldasm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 09:42   #201
BHPian

I took a test drive of Nexon AMT. I felt it is a bit sluggish compared to Brezza AMT. But, the kind of solid vibe that you feel in Nexon is certainly not there in Brezza. Tata After sale service & component quality control makes me hesitant to go for it.

This report just reminded me of the build quality of Nexon -
https://www.rushlane.com/tata-nexon-...-12297624.html
hkollar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 15:37   #202
BHPian

Hi, did anyone drive the Nexon D AMT on hills and inclines? Any observations on driveability?
Old 27th April 2019, 23:35   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Hi, did anyone drive the Nexon D AMT on hills and inclines? Any observations on driveability?
I will answer it myself since I specifically took a test drive on a road incline to test this today.

The vehicle moves back for half a second on releasing the brake and then wakes up to creep forward even with no accelerator input. All in all, I didn't see an issue with this.
Glass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 12:54   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
I will answer it myself since I specifically took a test drive on a road incline to test this today.

The vehicle moves back for half a second on releasing the brake and then wakes up to creep forward even with no accelerator input. All in all, I didn't see an issue with this.
Recently did a trip to ooty and back. Apart from a jerky downshift when climbing a hairpin bend, had no issues.
HOTROD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 03:03   #205
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Yes. See this tweet from Tata Motors:
Attachment 1752714

And here are some more images of the Nexon during the media drive. I must say it looks great! Source: Tata Motors Twitter handle
This is my first post on the forum, so apologies if I violate any protocol.

I just wanted to ask if there is an official review of the Nexon Petrol AMT?

I went through the entire review here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4288252 (Tata Nexon : Official Review) (not the entire thread, though+ page thread, though), and couldnt find a review.

I hope someone here could point me in the right direction.
simeonovitch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 15:21   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
This is my first post on the forum, so apologies if I violate any protocol.

I just wanted to ask if there is an official review of the Nexon Petrol AMT?

I went through the entire review here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4288252 (Tata Nexon : Official Review) (not the entire thread, though+ page thread, though), and couldnt find a review.

I hope someone here could point me in the right direction.

I am in the same boat. Couldn't find the AMT review.

I am in process of booking Nexon AMT petrol. I also would like the AMT owners to please help me out on my question - How bad is the toll back in AMT nexon on inclines, as I heard it is pathetic and one needs to be very careful in hilly areas?
Old 6th June 2019, 15:30   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post

I am in process of booking Nexon AMT petrol. I also would like the AMT owners to please help me out on my question - How bad is the toll back in AMT nexon on inclines, as I heard it is pathetic and one needs to be very careful in hilly areas?
I drive my petrol XZA+ on hilly roads a lot and I don't think you should be worried. Occasionally you may have to use your hand brake when starting, but most times you wouldn't need that. Just once it struggled while starting on a wet 50% slope. It did come out alright in the end, though. But looked like the clutch was overloaded and I got the AMT warning light on for few mins. For the records, the other occasion when I saw this light was in bumper to bumper traffic when I managed to crawl about half a kilometer in 5 minutes.
prakash_ajp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 15:56   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
I drive my petrol XZA+ on hilly roads a lot and I don't think you should be worried. Occasionally you may have to use your hand brake when starting, but most times you wouldn't need that. Just once it struggled while starting on a wet 50% slope. It did come out alright in the end, though. But looked like the clutch was overloaded and I got the AMT warning light on for few mins. For the records, the other occasion when I saw this light was in bumper to bumper traffic when I managed to crawl about half a kilometer in 5 minutes.

Okay. But the so called hill assist is of no use. Just a marketing gimmick. What's the exact average you are getting? And what issues have you faced till now with the petrol AMT?
Old 6th June 2019, 17:36   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Okay. But the so called hill assist is of no use. Just a marketing gimmick. What's the exact average you are getting? And what issues have you faced till now with the petrol AMT?
I don't know what your opinion is based on or what you are expecting me to say. But I have already shared whatever little issue I have faced so far in my last post and in the Nexon official review. Please take a moment to go through them if you are considering Petrol Nexon AMT.
Old 6th June 2019, 19:30   #210
BHPian

Quote:

I have personally found the roll back inconsistent in my petrol XZA+. It slips the clutch correctly at times, but takes its time randomly causing mild panic.
The gear shifts too are inconsistent in the lower gears. I would say the 3 cylinder 1.2 petrol with its turbo lag is not a good match for the AMT box in this car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks