Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2019, 19:43   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
I have personally found the roll back inconsistent in my petrol XZA+. It slips the clutch correctly at times, but takes its time randomly causing mild panic.

The gear shifts too are inconsistent in the lower gears. I would say the 3 cylinder 1.2 petrol with its turbo lag is not a good match for the AMT box in this car.

This is what I am scared off. Spending a million on the car and such inconsistencies. I am doubtful not only on the hill start assist but also the petrol AMT fuel efficiency. Spending a little more gets me into Venue SX DCT.
Old 6th June 2019, 20:22   #212
BHPian

Re: The Tata Nexon AMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post
This is what I am scared off. Spending a million on the car and such inconsistencies. I am doubtful not only on the hill start assist but also the petrol AMT fuel efficiency. Spending a little more gets me into Venue SX DCT.
Like mentioned by others too in this thread, real FE of the petrol is around 20% lesser than what it shows on the MID. Expect between 9 to 10Kmpl in traffic, 13 to 15Kmpl on highways.
Old 6th June 2019, 20:50   #213
BHPian

Quote:
While you are right on the Hill Start Assist and poor FE, the difference in price between XZA+ and SX+ DCT is close to 1.75 lacs. I think this is a huge difference. If you have the budget, go for Venue otherwise Nexon is also a very good option.

Also, i dont think Venue DCT will deliver any better on the FE front. City FE will be ~10kmpl only (my guess). So, you can take FE out of the equation and then decide.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 21:14   #214
BHPian

The Tata Nexon AMT

Quote:
Like mentioned by others too in this thread, real FE of the petrol is around 20% lesser than what it shows on the MID. Expect between 9 to 10Kmpl in traffic, 13 to 15Kmpl on highways.

Shifting from diesel to petrol will take some time for me to adjust. 9 to 10 is low, Atleast 12 is acceptable for a petrol I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
While you are right on the Hill Start Assist and poor FE, the difference in price between XZA+ and SX+ DCT is close to 1.75 lacs. I think this is a huge difference. If you have the budget, go for Venue otherwise Nexon is also a very good option.

Also, i dont think Venue DCT will deliver any better on the FE front. City FE will be ~10kmpl only (my guess). So, you can take FE out of the equation and then decide.

Price difference between XZA+ and SX DCT is around 70,000 for which electric sunroof, cruise control, auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers and the connected thing is extra on Venue. I am confused and the FE is also low for Nexon as per all the owners here on the forum.
How's the ride and NVH? I want a plush ride from my next car.

Last edited by shravan2k2 : 6th June 2019 at 21:15.
Old 6th June 2019, 21:27   #215
BHPian

Quote:

Price difference between XZA+ and SX DCT is around 70,000 for which electric sunroof, cruise control, auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers and the connected thing is extra on Venue.
I hope you are comparing correct fuel types. What i mentioned was the price diff between their petrol variants.
Old 6th June 2019, 21:31   #216
BHPian

The Tata Nexon AMT

Quote:
I hope you are comparing correct fuel types. What i mentioned was the price diff between their petrol variants.

That's for petrol only. DCT is only in petrol. Got quote of 11.42L on road and 12L on road for venue DCT.

Edit: It is 12.82L on road for Venue SX DCT

Last edited by shravan2k2 : 6th June 2019 at 21:46.
Old 6th June 2019, 21:37   #217
BHPian

Quote:
That's for petrol only. DCT is only in petrol. Got quote of 11.42L on road and 12L on road for venue DCT.
Venue SX+ DCT cant be 12 on-road. The ex-showroom price itself is 11.1
Old 6th June 2019, 21:41   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Venue SX+ DCT cant be 12 on-road. The ex-showroom price itself is 11.1

My bad it's 12.82L for Venue and 11.4L for Nexon XZA+
shravan2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 00:56   #219
BHPian

Quote:
My bad it's 12.82L for Venue and 11.4L for Nexon XZA+
The on road for venue dct in Mumbai was 13,45,000 as quoted to me. I doubt that there would be a 60k difference between the prices in Mumbai and Delhi. Please do check again. It should be significantly higher than 13 as if you add the registration itself, which is around 11 percent if I am not wrong, it’ll be about 1,30,000 for registration. Add 70k for the insurance (3 yrs comprehensive) and you arrive at ex showroom plus 2 lakhs straight. That itself drives it to 13,10,000 if I am not mistaken.
Old 7th June 2019, 01:03   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Shifting from diesel to petrol will take some time for me to adjust. 9 to 10 is low, Atleast 12 is acceptable for a petrol I think.

Price difference between XZA+ and SX DCT is around 70,000 for which electric sunroof, cruise control, auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers and the connected thing is extra on Venue. I am confused and the FE is also low for Nexon as per all the owners here on the forum.
How's the ride and NVH? I want a plush ride from my next car.
You don’t get rain sensing wipers in the venue.
You should probably go for a diesel automatic. And I’d recommend you to check out the amaze cvt. It’s a superior transmission and the engine has been mated very well to the transmission. It’ll be smooth, frugal and is about as spacious as a compact suv. It’ll serve your purpose well, if you’re ready to let go of the compact suv genre.

Quote:
Venue dct won’t give you a very good mileage as well, because it’s very very laggy below 2000 rpm. The engine tries to pull and it can’t. The ride isn’t plush per se, and it’s definitely stiff. Venue felt considerably smaller than the Nexon to me. The transmission is superior in the venue, but coupled with the 1.0L t-gdi, it’s doesn’t shine. Nexon Amt won’t be as smooth as a cvt, TC, or a dual clutch transmission but it surely doesn’t “not work”. But please don’t expect amazing FE from the petrol. It’s after all a 1.2 with a turbo charger and turbo charged engines give the best efficiency only while cruising at reasonable speeds, not in bumper to bumper traffic. So if need be, go for a Nexon diesel, or perhaps a compact sedan or a sedan.
bled_soul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 09:15   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bled_soul View Post
You don’t get rain sensing wipers in the venue.

You should probably go for a diesel automatic. And I’d recommend you to check out the amaze cvt. It’s a superior transmission and the engine has been mated very well to the transmission. It’ll be smooth, frugal and is about as spacious as a compact suv. It’ll serve your purpose well, if you’re ready to let go of the compact suv genre.

I took the test drive of Amaze CVT petrol, even though the transmission combo was very nice to drive, the car itself has no feel good factor. The interiors were just interiors very basic and music system had average sound quality. It is still one option but that feel good factor was not present in it.

Venue dct won’t give you a very good mileage as well, because it’s very very laggy below 2000 rpm. The engine tries to pull and it can’t. The ride isn’t plush per se, and it’s definitely stiff. Venue felt considerably smaller than the Nexon to me. The transmission is superior in the venue, but coupled with the 1.0L t-gdi, it’s doesn’t shine. Nexon Amt won’t be as smooth as a cvt, TC, or a dual clutch transmission but it surely doesn’t “not work”. But please don’t expect amazing FE from the petrol. It’s after all a 1.2 with a turbo charger and turbo charged engines give the best efficiency only while cruising at reasonable speeds, not in bumper to bumper traffic. So if need be, go for a Nexon diesel, or perhaps a compact sedan or a sedan.

I am not expecting really high fuel efficiency but at an average 12 like the TATA Vista petrol I used to have 7 years back. I will take another test drive of Amaze and Nexon back to back and see what I decide.
Old 7th June 2019, 11:01   #222
BHPian

Quote:
I am not expecting really high fuel efficiency but at an average 12 like the TATA Vista petrol I used to have 7 years back. I will take another test drive of Amaze and Nexon back to back and see what I decide.
12 kmpl or even 13 is definitely possible. But you may have to drive in City or Eco mode for that. As much fun as it is in sports mode, the consumption goes up.
Old 7th June 2019, 14:56   #223
BHPian

Quote:
I have personally found the roll back inconsistent in my petrol XZA+. It slips the clutch correctly at times, but takes its time randomly causing mild panic.
The gear shifts too are inconsistent in the lower gears. I would say the 3 cylinder 1.2 petrol with its turbo lag is not a good match for the AMT box in this car.
AMTs don't have hill hold feature, Nexon's advertised hill hold is using its creep function. It works on mild inclines but you'll need to use handbrakes if inclines get steep.

I've found gear shifts always consistent in a particular driving mode, but vary across modes. And it also depends on your accelerator input, having more accelerator input will easily make car hold even 1st gear till 30kmph in eco mode.

Thing is these variations are there in other auto transmissions too but we don't feel them due to imperceptible gear shifts but it's very pronounced in AMT.

Quote:
Real mileage of Nexon petrol AMT is 7-8kmpl with AC in Bangalore traffic. And it's same across every petrol auto car. My friends' Creta AT & Compass AT give <6kmpl in similar traffic. Hope you now get an idea. But I've got till 15kmpl in highway runs.

Last edited by asethi : 7th June 2019 at 14:59.
asethi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 19:36   #224

Here is a snapshot that would give a better picture on Nexon Petrol AMT mileage. This is captured over ten months and is based on tank-full method. MID shows an average 15% higher mileage.

I have an XZA+, and use City mode most of the time. Sport mode was used occasionally during highway drives.

The Tata Nexon AMT-imageuploadedbyteambhp1559916358.819016.jpg
gokuldasm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 20:54   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokuldasm View Post
Here is a snapshot that would give a better picture on Nexon Petrol AMT mileage. This is captured over ten months and is based on tank-full method. MID shows an average 15% higher mileage.
Curious which app you use to track these?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks