Team-BHP - Cars that give you that ‘pushed into the seat’ feeling
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Cars that give you that ‘pushed into the seat’ feeling (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/192452-cars-give-you-pushed-into-seat-feeling-7.html)

Yea, I haven't driven many cars. And talking of monstrous pick up there are too many contenders with too much to offer. But i would like to stick to my experience. During upgrade from Alto K10 before buying S-Cross I was having too many test drives between 1.3 and 1.6 cars. NEXA showroom was situated on an NH. During 1.3 TD I found car to be brilliant, powerful and capable speedster. Couldn't find a shortcoming. OK now change car to 1.6 and OMG! Such mad pick up was never experienced by me:eek: In 3rd gear WOT it had its nose up and desperation to pick up speed was awesome. A light weight car (1265kgs) with 320Nm! If only its gear ratio was not that tall, this car could have been even more fun.

With maximum push I had budget for only 1.3 Delta, but I ended up buying a 1.6 Zeta (No Delta in stock by that time) and only reason is 'pushed back to your seat experience'stupid:

Beyond experience i think Skoda vrs and 530d are among top stars! (Obviously in ascending order)

For me, the most fun I've had is in 2 Jaguars:

1. 3 Litre F-Pace R-Sport: This car is huge, but it leaps forward with so much urgency, it's unbelievable. With 700Nm on tap, It is absolutely brutal how she picks up speed. (The same engine can be found in the XJL, but she's more, umm, royal in her demeanor)

2. 5 litre, V8, F-Type: 550 HP, 675 NM, supercharged. Go Figure :D. This beast is mental to another level, and the exhaust note is just orgasmic. Hell, it sounds ultra even when you come of the throttle, with all the pops and crackles.

For me the C63 AMG,530D, C250D in sports+ mode, Cruze, Ford Fiesta Diesel( the old one), Verna( pre fluidic).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy (Post 4307202)
For me the C63 AMG,530D, C250D in sports+ mode, Cruze, Ford Fiesta Diesel( the old one), Verna( pre fluidic).

Are you referring to 1.4TDCi? It had a very linear pull and no sudden surge like the CRDi of Hyundai or DDiS of Maruti.

Elon Musk recently has unveiled Tesla Roadster 2.0, 0~100 kmph in 1.9 seconds flat, 1000 km range and has 10000Nm of torque!!!! (I kid you not, this is not a typo)

I guess this would be not just "pinned" but downright "screwed and bolted" to the seat kind of experience.

https://youtu.be/h_SjAcQeU1A

Watch the above from 14:20 mark

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.e...ance-specs/amp

Check out @DavidHodge’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/DavidHodge/statu...065705984?s=08

https://thenextweb.com/cars/2017/11/...seconds/?amp=1

This also marks end of the era of oil burning supercars!!

Perhaps this deserves a thread of its own!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sip (Post 4307181)
Yea, I haven't driven many cars. And talking of monstrous pick up there are too many contenders with too much to offer. But i would like to stick to my experience. During upgrade from Alto K10 before buying S-Cross I was having too many test drives between 1.3 and 1.6 cars. NEXA showroom was situated on an NH. During 1.3 TD I found car to be brilliant, powerful and capable speedster. Couldn't find a shortcoming. OK now change car to 1.6 and OMG! Such mad pick up was never experienced by me:eek: In 3rd gear WOT it had its nose up and desperation to pick up speed was awesome. A light weight car (1265kgs) with 320Nm! If only its gear ratio was not that tall, this car could have been even more fun.

With maximum push I had budget for only 1.3 Delta, but I ended up buying a 1.6 Zeta (No Delta in stock by that time) and only reason is 'pushed back to your seat experience'stupid:

Beyond experience i think Skoda vrs and 530d are among top stars! (Obviously in ascending order)

Had a chance to sit in my friend's S-cross 1.6 and what a throwback feeling it is! I have driven a 1.3 Multijet in the lighter Ritz and compared to that the 1.6 Multijet just throws you a few rows further back :)

1) My Current BMW X3 30d probably gives the max such feeling in an SUV this side of 70L. The same engine in the X5 results in significantly slower 0-100 times due to the weight, and yet compared to the 530d is just 0.2 secs slower in the X3.
2) The Laura, Octavia, Superb, RS, 1.8TSI and 2.0TDI are obvious suspects. Thanks to the DCT gearbox event the 1.9pd engine gave a bit of that feel.
3) Can get that feel in the EcoSport 1.5 DCT too but is more the feel than the actual speed and this feel is obtained not in sport mode but in normal mode as the rpms build up from a lower level. It require a heavy foot like mine though.
4) In the 1995-2000 years the Cielo gave that feel with the 80 BHP engine in auto gearbox kick down mode. It had just 3 gears and moving down from 3rd to 2nd gave a big shove down your back.
5) The Current Safari and Hexa 156 BHP / 400 nm versions do give that feel to the extent possible in a Heavy SUV. Infact the much more powerful Endy does not give such a feel due to linear power and its AT box.
6) The new Scorpio 140 BHP S7 and S11 versions should be fun - Risky unsafe fun though relative to other options with similar power.
7) E350 and the Current A6 are good examples but are not in the same league as the 3Ltr BMW Diesel engine option.
8) Optra 2.0 TDI and Cruz again were great for such a feel. As also the Trailblazer which was the most powerful SUV in 30-40L range in India.

Awesome topic.

I have been fortunate to drive and own the below that gives the kick

2009 honda accord v6. Very comfortable and awesome drive

Mark 6 vw gti. The first turbo of my life and what a ride.
Mark 7 golf r. This is a beast. Waiting to do a stage 1 and people get 0-60 in 3.8 sec range.

The first car that gave me pushed in the seat feeling was my friends chevy cruze.
The second one was a friends ML350 cdi. Boy that was a butt clenching moment. It was the first time I had a ride in a proper luxury car with a big engine. There were 6 of us in the car but it went like a stabbed rat.
The third one is the polo 1.6 gt tdi which continues to give me that feeling in first and second gear pulls till this day.

Among the cars I have driven, it's the Optra Magnum diesel which we owned for 6 years. It's a mad sedan. The 320Nm torque simply catapulted the car to unimaginable speeds. The 2nd gear was insane but even in 4th or 5th power was always available. She would lunge forward with a slight tap on the A pedal. Sold her two months back and miss her dearly to date.

Our current cars Polo TSI and Rapid 1.5 TDI are also fun. But nothing comes close to the 'pushed to the seat' feeling of delight the Optra Magnum could deliver.

Nice topic.

Two cars that I have personally experienced and driven are:
1. VW Jetta 2.0
2. BMX X6 3.0

Also, how long the duration of that effect is is also a deciding factor!

Many sub 20 lakhs cars of today give a push back effect but say for 3 seconds or so not longer in reality as the engine tapers in power as the rpm increases. Most modern diesels do not rev beyond 4500 RPM and the real push back is say from 2000-2500 to 3500 RPM only.

Had an E-Zen with a tuned engine, exhaust etc that would pin you in the seats way back in 2001-02. Sold the car as scrap after the fun time got over :)

The Duke 200 is an insane bike but only to 100 kph! It tapers after that!

A modern low budget FTD car that gives you the push back effect below 100 is the VW GT TSI.

I think this video I made a few years ago is relevant.

Edit: Skip to 58 seconds.

https://youtu.be/_QuRIXlcJww?t=61

In the order of being pinned to the seat:

1. First gen Cruze :D
2. Getz 1.5L Diesel
3. Jetta 2.0L
4. Ritz Multijet
5. Fabia 1.6

A big fan of the last gen 320D.

Cars, not in any organised order:
1) Stock optra magnum 2.0tcdi (remap though quicker, lag is less, hence pulling not felt as stock)
2) Mass market car - Old Ddis.
3) Old verna diesel.
4) 1.6 Polo diesel.

Bikes,
1) Duke 390 - Mass market bike.
2) Duke 200
3) Apache 180 before duke arrival.
4) R15 in tat rpm range.

Did not consider other higher range bikes/cars. :)

Great topic.
I had the first gen Cruze with me for 6 years, that car would just push you back so much, every time the rpm reached the turbo zone. It was a mad car, awesome fun on the highways. Miss it dearly.

Bikes - In my opinion, not many of the current 4 strokes match the feeling which you get in two strokes, when they are in the power band. The RD 350 HT with a tuned exhaust chamber had a crazy power band, it was simply out of the world.