Team-BHP - Cars that give you that ‘pushed into the seat’ feeling
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Cars that give you that ‘pushed into the seat’ feeling (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/192452-cars-give-you-pushed-into-seat-feeling-8.html)

I enjoyed this feel for the first time in Fiat Siena 1.6 petrol. Then came the first gen Swift diesel which was super quick, but I always had a fear in my mind about its crash worthiness and I had to control my enthusiasm. Currently remapped Linea TJet gives that amazing push when I floor the accelerator and X3 30d takes the experience to a whole different level

Pushed into seat feeling is almost a pre-requisite in my buying decision these days stupid:. I find that 'pushed into the seat' feeling is very different for RWD cars as against FWD cars. With RWD cars or cars with RWD bias like my X3 30d, the front end almost lifts up and it feels like it's going to take off.

I feel diesels with their sudden torque bursts seem to figure more frequently in this list than fiery petrols. My Polo GTI is almost as quick as the X3 but its a bit more linear and builds up power as the revs rise, whereas in the X3 the power just explodes out. So if you ask me 'pushed into the seat feeling', X3 comes to my mind first.

Well, I've not driven any of the D segment or above cars, but Verna really gives that kind of feeling when you push it. Even my Verna Automatic manages to give me that feeling when I floor the accelerator. It was shocking to me, considering the fact it's an automatic.

As far as bikes are concerned, my Bajaj Pulsar 200 (original) still gives me that feeling when I rev it hard on straight roads, even after almost 10 years of service! :Cheering:

Audi A3
BMW 530d
VW Jetta

I’m really surprised to know that S-Cross is on the list. Never knew the potential of that car.

I currently drive the Hyundai Tucson diesel AT. And I cannot get enough of the 'pushed back into the seat' feeling. The 400 NM torque is available right from 1750 rpm ( source ).

My older ride is a Swift Vxi, so from nothing to this, I think this will keep me entertained for quite a while!

1. 1st generation swift and Ritz diesel
2. Polo GT Tsi - 2nd gear burp
3. Vw Jetta 2011-16 manual
4. Chevrolet cruze manual 2009-11
5. Fluidic Verna- seemed to go out of control though
6. Vento and rapid 1.6 TDI
7. BMW 320d

Does getting pushed into the side bolsters of the seat count? :D

If Yes, then I will take the Fiesta here. It gets proper bucket seats from the factory and you will certainly need it during corners. LOL

If No, then my most vivid memory is the drive of the BS3 Swift Diesel when a Pete's box was fitted for the very first time. We lived next to the intermediate ring road at Bangalore back in 2007. And that made all the difference. The road was empty unlike now and it didn't have those speed breakers before the BDA chicane. lol: It was the first time I was experiencing such brutal acceleration from a mainstream car. The roll-on was absolutely wicked. Even with Made in Japan Potenza G3, the Swift really struggled for traction once the turbo woke up.

When I think of that "pushed into the seat" feeling, my partner's 1. BMW X3 tops the list. My partner used to keep his driver with us for those long trips. I convinced him not to keep a driver with us and assured that I "ll drive X3. For almost more than 4 years, I drove X3 during all our long business trips (almost all of them Anand to Delhi).

Other Cars & Motorcycles are...

2. Innova Crysta

3. Octiva RS.

4. Abarth Punto (Limited Experience)

5. S- cross 1.6

6. Royal Enfield Continental GT

Unichipped Crysta 2.8 on a custom tune. It just pulls and pulls without any lag and too easy to peel the rear tyres when taking off. Downside? Brakes lol:

My driving history in India is very little. But in US based on my driving history of close to 35k miles with different cars.

1. Ford Mustang V6
2. Chrysler 300
3. Infiniti Q50 3.0t
4. V6 Accord
5. Dodge Durango
6. Kia Optima SX 2.0T.

I sat in the following cars with my friends driving.

1. Dodge Charger,
2. Dodge Challenger.
3. Chevrolet Camaro.

Most probably my next rental car should be a Dodge Charger. I can't take the coupes hereafter due to obvious reasons. I will not add my Altima to any of this list. It is one of the most boring cars when it comes to pushing it with its CVT :Frustrati.

I would love to drive the following cars in India.

1. Polo GT TSI or Vento TSI.
2. New Verna 1.6 Diesel.
3. S-Cross 1.6 Diesel.
4. Skoda Octavia VRS (Will be a big stretch from my budget. I will definitely try if its available in Zoom Car)
5. BMW 530d (Don't want to have a mid-life crisis by owning this. Would love to try through Rental though)

I sat in the Ford Mondeo. One of my family friend used to own one some 15 years back and it used to do insane speeds. I don't know much about the car at that time. Don't even know if it is petrol or diesel also :D.

The four vehicles that come to my mind in India are the Chevrolet Cruze 2.0 TCDi, Chevrolet Optra Magnum 2.0 TCDi, Hyundai Getz CRDi and the Ford Endeavour Thunder plus 4x4. Fortunate to have driven all four of them and I experienced the addictive Push of Turbo kicking in the Optra Magnum first. Still searching for an equivalent to those 4 cars these days. :Frustrati

The first time I recollect that "pushed back" feeling was from a ride in a friends Hyundai Accent Viva. Subsequent memories are from the VW Vento 1.6 TDI (manual) the family owned up until a year ago. Was the Viva the first mass market common rail diesel on our roads ?

Cars :

First gen swift : probably the first mainstream fun to drive diesel. Lag was just sad though. In comparison, even cars like the Corolla 1.8 felt dull in comparison, real numbers might say otherwise.

VW Polo : Doesn't push too much, but can certainly feel the power buildup.

Old santro : Might not deserve to be on the list, but certainly feels peppy within 80.

Audi Q3 : Expected it to be on the top of the list, but felt too linear for my liking. One needs to check the speedo to see the speed buildup.

Motorcycles :

Duke 200 : Relentless acceleration initially. Most fun to ride machine in its segment.

RE 650 twins : Didn't expect it to be this good clap: torque is always there, brakes too gives you confidence to push the bike on straights.

After few years this thread will be filled with electric cars, hopefully we get the nice ones too for a change.

I am lucky to get such a feeling daily driving my Audi Q5, the 3L engine churning out 240bhp and 500nm at very low rpms are what make it possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hema4saran (Post 4344544)
My driving history in India is very little. But in US based on my driving history of close to 35k miles with different cars.

1. Ford Mustang V6
2. Chrysler 300

Its funny you mentioned the above two cars!

Mustang V6 was my older ride. I thought that car had a pretty good push in the back feeling.

Till I got the Chrysler 300 5.7 V8, this beast literally has a neck snapping acceleration which given a good non-slippery surface is so unreal, you feel dizzy after 2-3 bursts of strong acceleration.