Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2019, 12:21   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cars that give you that ‘pushed into the seat’ feeling

One of the earlier cars that I can think of was the first gen Skoda Superb V6 Diesel.
I had the first gen Sonata Gold before that and when I drove the Superb V6 for the first time , it was truly phenomenal for that time.

With bikes though I ve experienced crazy acceleration since a very long time. The first one was a 1993 Kawasaki zx-11. Then it was I think a 1999 Honda Super Black bird 1100xx and in 2002 a first gen Suzuki GSX1300R. The most recent being the Kawasaki H2. Of over a 100 different bikes that I would have ridden, for me these 4 stand out when it comes to pure acceleration.

There is something extremely satisfying when a big heavy bike moves forward like a locomotive as compared to the lighter ones.

Last edited by bigron : 4th August 2019 at 12:50.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2019, 12:47   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
If I discount the "fake" turbo-lag induced "shove" which many diesel mills produce (like S-cross 1.6), I guess TSI engines from the VAG family are best in terms of instant response at any point, as soon as you press the throttle aggressively.
S-Cross 1.6D stands well above the 'average' Indian car if you are looking for that glued to seat feeling. I am not sure what you meant by 'fake' here? I was impressed by the 1.6 diesel S-Cross when I test drove one. Yes, even after discounting any turbo-lag.

Apart from those stock ones, there are some really powerful S-Crosses out there which can blow the daylights out of most of the cars here including some of those luxury German cars. Here is one:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...hp-420-nm.html

Last edited by clevermax : 4th August 2019 at 12:52.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2019, 13:55   #123
Team-BHP Support

Budget segment, Tiago/Tigor JTP have a good shove in 2nd and 3rd gear. Not exactly rev-happy motors but in-gear acceleration can put a wide grin on your face.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2019, 15:22   #124
BHPian

I have driven very few cars in my life and even fewer diesels. So switching from 1.1 and 1.3 litres naturally aspirated petrol engines, when I came to drive the Innova Crysta 2.8 diesel automatic, the power mode made me feel the insane pull (or should I say push). Considering I exert more than 95 Kilograms force on earth my displacement is not easy but this Diesel pull made me fall for it.
haisaikat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2019, 18:24   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Unichipped Crysta 2.8 on a custom tune. It just pulls and pulls without any lag and too easy to peel the rear tyres when taking off. Downside? Brakes
Remapped Crysta 2.8 on a custom tune. Peels off and continues pulling till I rest the pedal.

Downside? Brakes
Old 4th August 2019, 19:22   #126
BHPian

Ford Ikon with the 1.5L Petrol engine was one of the first cars which I enjoyed this feeling with. 1st generation Swift and Ritz Diesel were the ones which also were great fun. Now for me it's the Abarth Punto. There's no better feeling than being pushed into the seat due to acceleration.
jbpanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2019, 23:23   #127
BHPian

My sx4 diesel. Once the turbo kicks in, it feels like you're being catapulted forward. Although I've not remapped my engine, I did switch to full synthetic oil at the 3rd service and change the oil every 5 to 6 thousand km. Also there is only one mechanic who I trust to service and take care of my car.

I don't mean to digress, but the first car that impressed me with it's pickup, speed and handling was the original Baleno. However by the time I could afford one, Maruti replaced it with the sx4. At the time antagonistic would best describe how I felt about the sx4. So in a way it's fitting that I'd come to love this car so much.
Old 5th August 2019, 02:58   #128
BHPian

We had a Hyundai Santro Xing and Accent as our Family cars. Both NA Petrol. First time I drove my friend's Swift Diesel (1st generation), I was taken aback by the torque surge after the turbo spooled up. It was really addictive and we bought the Swift Diesel as a replacement for our Santro Xing. Installing a single channel RD Tuning Box made the acceleration and "pushed into the seat feeling" even more prominent. My FIL's Skoda Superb TDI DSG on an open stretch of road is a delight to drive.
adi.mariner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 11:46   #129
Senior - BHPian

A remapped Ford Figo by a friend was pure bliss. 1st Gear 60, Second Gear ***.. NO TURBO LAG AT ALL !!

On stock cars, usually the higher powered ones give better acceleration and push to the seat feeling.

Cheers
Old 7th August 2019, 12:05   #130
BHPian

Apart from the Octavia's and Superb's, my Honda Accord V6 has a huge 'pushed into the seat' feel. Only problem being that its initial acceleration is pretty mild. It gives the huge surge and rush only once you put a firm feet to the metal with RPM in the range of 5000. And then that empty road ends.
Old 7th August 2019, 12:51   #131
Senior - BHPian

I still cannot forget the first-gen Verna CRDi. That explosive diesel mill made 110 PS of power and 230 Nm of torque from its 1497cc mill. About a decade ago these were brilliant figures for a diesel mill, and the flight take-off feel it gave when the turbo began to spool up was simply ecstatic. Unfortunately my father did not approve our love as he did not like her looks, and went for the 3rd gen Honda City. So my ill-fated love story with my first-love, the Verna still remains a beautiful memory
On an other note, with 53 Nm of torque and a soft-as-marshmallow seat, my Interceptor provides a really nice pushed-into-the-seat feel as well
Old 7th August 2019, 13:03   #132
BHPian

1.GLS 350d : The first time I experienced 620nm of torque and man, this thing was pulls like a locomotive.Apparently ,there was some problem with the modes.So experienced it's full potential in manual Sport mode!!

2.Octavia 1.8TSI(Style): Unbelievable for a sub 25L to pull so hard.It really blows my mind how VW (turbo)motors pull so nicely.

3.Crysta 2.8: Didn't expect a Toyota to pull this hard.
Old 7th August 2019, 14:07   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The 530d's acceleration is to be experienced. The E-Class & A6 are also quick, but the 530d is brutal and its engine the most revv-happy.
The 530d is one of the best, fun-to-drive Diesel cars! I would also prefer this over a similar Merc or Audi! The shove in the back that the 530d delivers is something insane. I've done a rear-seat passenger ride in one of these and even in the plush rear seat, one still feels the shove.
Old 7th August 2019, 15:00   #134
BHPian

For the cars that iv'e owned / driven it is the following in particular order,

1) VW Vento TSI - 2014 - Its my daily driver, drive atleast 25Km daily. The snap and crackle and pushed in the seat feel is addictive !!

2) Fiat Linea T Jet - 2010 (low gc version) - My most prized automotive possession ever . The shove experienced post 2000 rpm needs to be experienced to be believed. Mind you, i'm talking about the first lot of 2010 produced examples. I've not heard great things about the later 125S.

3) Maruti Esteem 1998 G13BB NA - Man those were the days. Still remember the very snappy acceleration.

4) Premier 118NE - 1994 - You may call me delusional, but my 118NE holds a very special place in my heart. Acceleration and especially the gearshift quality was too much fun (as compared to the peers), one of my fond old memories.
mitsalltheway is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 20:14   #135
BHPian

Our 2014 Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.6 CRDI gives a hard push into the seats as soon as it crosses the 2K Rpm where the turbo has spooled up to the max. This can be felt in the first 4 gears extensively. All though this is a "Boat" this engine is one of the best diesels i have ever driven but i don't know why only few have mentioned about this car in the thread.

The 5th generation Verna although faster, doesn't have the same feeling due to its more linear engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks