Team-BHP - The next-gen Hyundai Santro
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The next-gen Hyundai Santro (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/192671-next-gen-hyundai-santro-2.html)

Saw the new Santro on Delhi Faridabad toll road, & in fact I was tailing the same till toll point where I could get ahead of the same due to traffic jam.

These pics were snapped by wife.

I will not down my observation later today.

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-1.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-2.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-3.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-4.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 4329555)
Saw the new Santro on Delhi Faridabad toll road, & in fact I was tailing the same till toll point where I could get ahead of the same due to traffic jam.

These pics were snapped by wife.

I will not down my observation later today.

My observations regarding the car:

It seemed much wider, don't know how Hyundai will position it via-a-vis the Grand i10.

The vehicle had ample pulling power, the engine could be 1.2L & the tyres were 165mm profile. There was little body roll or bouncing on undulations, implying better driver's car than previous iterations.

I could peek into the (cameo-ed) interiors & the driver's console appeared bit higher to me & the driver's seat lower as in all Hyundais.

The car appeared spacious to me, but this will anyhow be known at the time of launch.

Does the rear door/window look like the Kia Picanto?

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-imageuploadedbyteambhp1514467308.895690.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-imageuploadedbyteambhp1514467393.132107.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 4329555)

Side view of the same car. It was led by a Creta when i saw it on Golf course road in Gurugram.

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-1.jpg

Had exactly same ORVM and side indicators as the old i10 and was petrol-engined for sure (no black smoke or turbo lag).

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-2.jpg

The test-driver was driving it enthusiastically with good acceleration and nimble body control.

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-3.jpg

Interiors were all taped up but seemed similar to Grand i10. Driver seemed to have a good field of view, judging by the fact that a nearly 8" tablet was mounted on the windscreen for diagnostic/navigation? purpose.
The car was practically production spec, so might be launched within this financial year itself.

I wonder what fruity name Hyundai will give it this time, from Santra(o) to Kela(o) this time lol:

It seems finally Hyundai has considered claustrophobic nature of rear seats! This car will surely have airy rear seats.

Today I spotted this camouflaged car while driving, the driver of the car was gunning it so it was hard to take a decent picture. It was of the size of a Hyundai grand i10 but as it has been recently updated I seriously doubt that possibility. I think that it is a facelift of the Tata Tiago or most probably the new Kia that's being tested. I was unable to visually see the car from the front as our routes parted. I took a video but it was all over the place so I'm attaching some half decent screenshots from the video.

Is it the angle of the picture or does it now look taller and narrower than the previous sightings?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarmac.terroris (Post 4332596)
Today I spotted this camouflaged car while driving, the driver of the car was gunning it so it was hard to take a decent picture. It was of the size of a Hyundai grand i10 but as it has been recently updated I seriously doubt that possibility. I think that it is a facelift of the Tata Tiago or most probably the new Kia that's being tested. I was unable to visually see the car from the front as our routes parted. I took a video but it was all over the place so I'm attaching some half decent screenshots from the video.

Even I saw the same car near ISBT Delhi on 30th December and I was also thinking about which car is it as the silhouette looked like an i10 only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fash_1 (Post 4332671)
Is it the angle of the picture or does it now look taller and narrower than the previous sightings?

Must be the angle. I clicked it on a elevated corridor or it could be the mobile phones image correction software. Seemed pretty similar to the last generation i10 in terms of the size and the silhouette.

The small hatch is now on video,

https://youtu.be/5ZKx6B9C2gU

The New 'Santro' is believed to be a global model and will replace the 'Atos Prime' which was sold in Europe till 2008.

With these spy shots from Europe prove that Hyundai is going to present a new offering below the i10 globally, too.

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-hyundaisantroxing20032008exterior116565.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-hyundaisantroxing20032008exterior116566.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-hyundaisantroxing20032008exterior116567.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-hyundaisantroxing20032008exterior116568.jpg

Quote:

The next-gen Santro will be powered by a small and efficient petrol engine. The displacement will be somewhere between 800 and 1,000cc in three-cylinder configuration. As for the gearbox, power will be sent to the road via a 5-speed manual. Ideally, the new Santro would compete with the 1.0-litre Renault Kwid, Maruti Celerio and the Wagon R
Source

I got these pics a few hours back on WhatsaApp saying that new Santro / i10 may look like this. Not sure how far its true but I find the car quite good looking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RM Motorsports (Post 4337268)
I got these pics a few hours back on WhatsaApp saying that new Santro / i10 may look like this. Not sure how far its true but I find the car quite good looking.

The face is similar to the new Hyundai family and the diamond cut alloys also looks familiar. This may also be a Photoshop work, by taking the cues from other cars in the Hyunai family.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpcoolguy (Post 4337435)
The face is similar to the new Hyundai family and the diamond cut alloys also looks familiar. This may also be a Photoshop work, by taking the cues from other cars in the Hyunai family.

Is the logo Hyundai's? This must be a Hyundai car and hence the similarity!!

The 'Santro' spied winter testing in Sweden,

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-allnewhyundaii10makesspyshotsdebut_1.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-allnewhyundaii10makesspyshotsdebut_2.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-allnewhyundaii10makesspyshotsdebut_5.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-allnewhyundaii10makesspyshotsdebut_8.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-allnewhyundaii10makesspyshotsdebut122713_1.jpg

Link