Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2018, 23:09   #526
MSC
BHPian

Re: The next-gen Hyundai Santro

My 2003 manufactured Santro Xing is due for replacement after a non stop, non demanding period of 16 years. It covered 92 thousand kilometers without a hitch. It is driven extensively on treacherous terrain of Lahaul & Spiti. Infact out of 92K, at least 45K has been driven in Lahaul & Spiti district.
I wanted to replace my Santro with another Santro. But the two tone dashboard with beige interiors won't be suitable in dusty terrain. The only option for a black dashboard is the green colored Santro. Wish Hyundai had given option of black dashboard in all body colors.
Old 29th December 2018, 07:56   #527
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
I wanted to replace my Santro with another Santro. But the two tone dashboard with beige interiors won't be suitable in dusty terrain.
Keep in mind though, that this jet black interior that Hyundai gives generally reflects dust more than the dull grey they used to give in their older cars like your Santro. Jet black is luxurious but isn't that easy to maintain. Their shade of beige is quite good in hiding dust and dirt and shouldn't be a problem at all. All-black in a car like Santro might make it feel too small and dark inside, it suits sedans with much greater cabin area so you might want to check that out.

In any case I don't think you'd be doing a lot of window-down driving in Lahaul/Spiti I guess?
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 13:11   #528
BHPian

Mod Note: Our Santro Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

PowerDrift reviews the all new Santro and also compares it against the Tiago.

I saw a few Santro's on the road here in Bangalore, the design doesn't appeal to me, quirky up front and bland at the rear. The kink in the window line is not something I like but can understand the reasoning behind it. The Grand I10 OTOH, is much cleaner looking, well equipped and with discounts, is even well priced. It would be my pick over the Santro.
P.S: Their(PowerDrift) style is hit or miss with me (more miss than hit), but they are good at what they do and production is top notch.

Last edited by GTO : 16th January 2019 at 10:37. Reason: Link to review :)
Mukund is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed